Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I found Markoh - in the Missori Congress...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I found Markoh - in the Missori Congress...

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/02/missouri-bill-redefines-science-gives-equal-time-to-intelligent-design/

So when the Republicans can't get Intelligent Design in the science classrooms, they try to redefine 'science'...

Scientific theory (according to the bill) (which has little chance of passing, thank God .png" alt=":smileywink:" title="Smiley Wink" />) would be defined as  "an inferred explanation of incompletely understood phenomena about the physical universe based on limited knowledge, whose components are data, logic, and faith-based philosophy."

and a 'hypothesis' is "a scientific theory reflecting a minority of scientific opinion which may lack acceptance because it is a new idea, contains faulty logic, lacks supporting data, has significant amounts of conflicting data, or is philosophically unpopular."

Who do they think they're kidding?  You really think you get to redefine 'science' for us all?  Wow.

Of course, this reminded me of Markoh's debating style...  instead of addressing the root of the question, evade, divert, and attempt to redefine the terms.  They gotta be the same guy, right?  " id="smiley" src="https://guitarcenter.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-.png" alt=":smiley:" title="Smiley Very Happy" />

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' "
    — Isaac Asimov

according to their definiation, Astrology, Alchemy, Phrenology, Engram Theory and Iridology would all be considered science

what a world they live in
    WARNING: may contain traces of Cynicism and Sarcasm

Comment

Working...
    X