Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the media have a liberal slant?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the media have a liberal slant?

Aren't most of the news and media outlets publicly held corporations?

Don't the stockholders in any corporation have the ultimate authority over the scope and direction of a company?

Is Rupert Murdoch a lib?

Who are these shareholders, a bunch of libs?

The same libs that are crying for higher taxes on corporations?

Please connect the dots for me, I'm so confused.....

(for those of you with nothing to add, just quote that last part, and add a smarmy comment of your choosing)

Just Me wrote:

Don't the stockholders in any corporation have the ultimate authority over the scope and direction of a company?

Is Rupert Murdoch a lib?

(for those of you with nothing to add, just quote that last part, and add a smarmy comment of your choosing)

I agree with all of your points.

But I still feel the media has a liberal slant.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
    For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
    Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

• Belva
      Belva commented
      Editing a comment

E-money wrote:

Just Me wrote:

Is Rupert Murdoch a lib?

I agree with all of your points.

But I still feel the media has a liberal slant.

And you're full of bull****************.

The news media has one goal; to make money. The shareholders and the companies themselves are full of conservatives. But that ain't gonna sell. You get people tuned in with attention grabbing headlines and the advertizers get wet in the panties.Then they buy ad time. That's the way it was, is and always will be. It's just that some conservatards don't like what they put out, so they label them libral.

If the radio and TV media was truly "Librul"...

...then shows like Democracy NOW! would be the norm.
    http://www.democracynow.org /

And personalities like these would have their viewpoints known by the masses:

David Swanson
    http://davidswanson.org /

Chris Hedges
    http://www.truthdig.com/report/category/hedges /

Robert Scheer
    http://www.truthdig.com/robert_scheer

Tom Engelhardt
    http://www.tomdispatch.com /

Jim Hightower
    http://www.jimhightower.com /

Amy Goodman
    http://www.truthdig.com/amy_goodman

Noam Chomsky
    http://www.chomsky.info /

---

Comment

^^^^ yep

Comment

• Philter
      Philter commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha... remember all the morons who thought Romney was winning?

No, the media is simply the PR wing of the federal government. They get their war boners up everytime that we go to war, embedding reporters and reporting on the combat capabilities of our troops and equipment to give everyone else a war-chubby, too.

They report on "leaked" information, which simply means that the White House leaked it intentionally so that they can spin it their own way, and the reporters can feel like they did some digging, but in reality they are getting pure unadulterated bull**************** straight from the source.

Boo

Comment

• Just Me
      Just Me commented
      Editing a comment

Disemboweler wrote:

No, the media is simply the PR wing of the federal government. They get their war boners up everytime that we go to war, embedding reporters and reporting on the combat capabilities of our troops and equipment to give everyone else a war-chubby, too.

The shareholders must approve I guess, as long as they are making some money, ?

That is, after all, the conservative philosophy isnt it - profit above all else, including principle?

Just Me wrote:

Is Rupert Murdoch a lib?

There is money in selling the groupthink echo back to the lemmings. Too simple.

Comment

• Just Me
      Just Me commented
      Editing a comment

snebarekim wrote:

Just Me wrote:

Is Rupert Murdoch a lib?

So, a liberal media slant is basically just the free market responding as it should - the capitalist model at it's finest?

• Sloppy Santa
      Sloppy Santa commented
      Editing a comment

snebarekim wrote:

Just Me wrote:

Is Rupert Murdoch a lib?

So you're saying that we characterize a person or organization not by his/her motives and gains but by public perception? In other words; since the public eats up "liberal" news, and since media is what gives it to them, media must be liberal despite making a profit off of said news and despite being conservative at heart....?

Or?

Kind'a sounds like a man telling his wife that he is faithful while in fact he is profiting from her gullibility since it enables him to **************** around on the side, and then calling him faithful because she's a lemming that wants to believe that and he's just selling her delusion back to her.

Working...
X