Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

IQ test for all voters

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IQ test for all voters

    A smashing idea.

    __________________________________________________
    Phil O'Keefe commented

    I'm serious Daryl - my finger is hovering a millimeter over the ban button...

  • #2

    Daryl Flynn wrote:

    A smashing idea.


    ...the death knell of the Republican Party.

    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

    Comment


    • Daryl Flynn
      Daryl Flynn commented
      Editing a comment

      RogueGnome wrote:

      Daryl Flynn wrote:

      A smashing idea.


      ...the death knell of the Republican Party.


      No, I think it would be the death knell for the Democratic Party.

      And, I'm not saying that tritely as "no, you guys are stupid". Median IQ is 100. TBH, most of the libs here would pass the test. Barely


    • Zeopold
      Zeopold commented
      Editing a comment

      RogueGnome wrote:

      ...the death knell of the Republican Party.


      Just to make sure, include a few questions to determine whether the prospective voter can tell right from wrong 


  • #3

    Daryl Flynn wrote:

    A smashing idea.


    I agree. It would be the end of the republican party as we know it.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

    Comment


    • #4

      Daryl Flynn wrote:

      A smashing idea.


      It's odd how the right changes its views.

       

      A few years back when 'Dubya' was president, whenever some rational person pointed out that he had the IQ of an empty pencil case, some rightwing apologist would pipe up with the idea that it was good for him to be a moron, because that made him a 'man of the people', connected with the common man and not superior.  Some even went as far as to say that they wouldn't trust a president who was too 'clever'.

       

       

      Question: Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?


      Answer: because it was dead.

      Comment


      • Used2BMarkoh
        Used2BMarkoh commented
        Editing a comment

        Gromit wrote:

        Daryl Flynn wrote:

        A smashing idea.


        It's odd how the right changes its views.

         

        A few years back when 'Dubya' was president, whenever some rational person pointed out that he had the IQ of an empty pencil case, 


        Sure, a guy successfully mounts a national campaign and becomes president, and he's stupid.

        Only a moron would think Bush or any other POTUS was actually stupid.  You've got to be too limited to have any concept of what is involved to seriously think that.

         


    • #5
      Daryl would get drool on his test
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

      Comment


      • Tom Hicks
        Tom Hicks commented
        Editing a comment

        a score of 555 would indeed be MOST impressive.

        .png" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />


      • Daryl Flynn
        Daryl Flynn commented
        Editing a comment

        LithiumZero wrote:
        Daryl would get drool on his test

        You're still really bad at this. lol

        Glad to see you're taking things one day at a time though. Remember suicide is forever and we're all praying for you.


    • #6
      You're like a special needs parrot
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

      Comment


    • #7
      Why would they be. Their guy already won two terms.
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

      Comment


      • Rudolf von Hagenwil
        Editing a comment
        There is no IQ test for chimpanzee, as far as I know

      • Daryl Flynn
        Daryl Flynn commented
        Editing a comment

        LithiumZero wrote:
        Why would they be. Their guy already won two terms.

        So, you're saying that because Obama won two terms it would be a bad idea to make voters take an IQ test before being allowed to vote?

        I can certainly see the logic in that.

        I have misjudged the liberals concern about intelligence.


      • Mr.NiceGuy
        Mr.NiceGuy commented
        Editing a comment

        This one is classic:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVX-c07uefc

         

        More:

        Zogby Poll

        512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08 MOE +/- 4.4 points

        97.1% High School Graduate or higher, 55% College Graduates

        Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions

        57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)

        81.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)

        82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)

        88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)

        56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).

        And yet.....

        Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes

        Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter

        And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!

        Only 2.4% got at least 11 correct.

        Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)


        What's worse is that a majority of Obama voters failed to know even the most basic facts like which party controls congress.

         

        And this video, even though it's been around for about 4 years, is classic.

        http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/are-obama-voters-mostly-stupid-moochers-haters-of-america-or-something-else/question-2221391

         


        These are the morans who put BHO in office twice. Stupid hurts, so yeah. IQ tests to vote would help.

         

         


    • #8

      An IQ poll tax.  Definitely unconstitutional.

      Comment


      • #9
        I didn't say it was a bad idea... Just answering your question. Remedial reading... Go now
        "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

        Comment


        • #10
          Although is it a bad idea if you're a republican
          "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

          Comment


        • #11
          Voter Suppression worked out so well for the GOP already lol! Another case of a republican with no new ideas
          "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

          Comment


          • #12
            So what your saying is that on average low intelligent people are more conservative
            "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

            Comment


          • #13
            Yeah those "morans" sure are stupid Derp!
            "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

            Comment


            • #14
              Norm I was just getting to the point of the study. Imagine that.... A conservative (Nash) calling another conservative an intellectual. Who would ever have seen that coming. please look up the term " on average"
              "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

              Comment


              • normh
                normh commented
                Editing a comment

                LithiumZero wrote:
                Norm I was just getting to the point of the study. Imagine that.... A conservative (Nash) calling another conservative an intellectual. Who would ever have seen that coming. please look up the term " on average"

                (1 + 2 + 3 + ... + 100)/100 = ?

                How many were members of the study?  Was the study focused in a single location (city/state/country)?  We already know the bias of he author. Did the study focus on a single group such as college students, yada.

                We could say that the average of 100 with two data sets is 50, or with three 33, or with 10 ten.  On a bell curve we could say that average is generally considered to be between the twentieth and the 80th percentiles.  Average in the context that it was used is a meaningless matrix and the article takes note of that while downplaying it.


            • #15
              What's your point Ned?
              "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

              Comment


              • nedezero1
                nedezero1 commented
                Editing a comment

                LithiumZero wrote:
                What's your point Ned?

                About what?

                 



            Working...
            X