Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working hard or hardly working? (congress)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working hard or hardly working? (congress)

See who WANTS to resolve this and who does not. Don't want to hear any more about compromises from repugs here because baby... it would be a lie.

As sequester looms, House, Senate vote to recess for the week

The House and Senate each voted Friday to recess for the Presidents Day week, which means lawmakers will have just four days

moonlightin wrote:

See who WANTS to resolve this and who does not. Don't want to hear any more about compromises from repugs here because baby... it would be a lie.

As sequester looms, House, Senate vote to recess for the week

The House and Senate each voted Friday to recess for the Presidents Day week, which means lawmakers will have just four days

“True unalienable rights do not require one to trample other unalienable rights.”
    ―J.S.B. Morse

Comment

$85 billion is a drop in the deficit bucket.

Neither side is serious about reducing expenditures.

Comment

• quickie1
        quickie1 commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

Keep telling yourself that......it will eventually become the truth in your mind.

• moonlightin
        moonlightin commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

I wonder.  I am inclined to disagree with you. The dems want certain cuts and the repugs want theirs. This is a major clash in a way. This is something we argue about daily here. One side wants cuts to social programs and the other side wants military to go. They each want their own cuts. A sequester will deal with all of it. Both sides would get their cuts. The problem is the repugs have NO problem with people getting hurt. The dems are the opposite.

Quickie: If it wasn't the truth, they'd be hammering out a balanced budget and not pretending that $85 billion really matters.

Comment

• quickie1
        quickie1 commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
        Quickie: If it wasn't the truth, they'd be hammering out a balanced budget and not pretending that $85 billion really matters.

Of course they would....and the GOP really cares about people.

Quickie: Neither side does, as evidenced by their intention to continue the false prosperity of increasing debt.

Comment

Moon: everyone gets hurt when you have to monetize the debt and the value of the currency drops with each new dollar printed.

That could change, but both parties are controlled by the folks getting rich because of the debt being heaped upon us.

Comment

• quickie1
          quickie1 commented
          Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
          Moon: everyone gets hurt when you have to monetize the debt and the value of the currency drops with each new dollar printed.

That could change, but both parties are controlled by the folks getting rich because of the debt being heaped upon us.

Thank the Bush administration for this.....go to war....CHARGE IT! Melt down the financial institutions....then slither out of office and let the "Black Guy" take the blame and try to fix it, while the GOP stone walls every attempt at rebuilding this nation.

GOP at its finest.

Quickie: I blame both parties for it.

Comment

• cdawg
          cdawg commented
          Editing a comment

it took a while for me to realize that both sides are pretty ****************ed-up, too.

• quickie1
          quickie1 commented
          Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

As in any "relationship" one side is usually more "guilty" of causing more damage. That goes to the GOP. The Dems can be a pain in the ass as well.....

• moonlightin
          moonlightin commented
          Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

When it comes to the Iraq war I can blame both parties. If I remember correctly, the dems failed to do some reading on this. Yet.... you also cheney cooking up material and falsely presented it as wmd. I will say that dems can be pretty guilty of  pork stuff. WA state Marie Cantwell is one such person.  Baucus is another. Him and McConnell (D and R) BOTH gave money in a bill to Amgen pharm. I think that one has since been rescinded by another bill sponsored by dems.

Be as much of a partisan hack as you wanna be.

Comment

Working...
        X