Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to my first gun show yesterday

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Went to my first gun show yesterday

    With all of the hub bub I thought it was time I checked one out for myself. First of all- it was packed! You couldn't even move packed. Body to body.

     

    Second- I was expecting to to see all kinds of unsavory charactors buying all kinds of weapons of war under the table...What I saw has all average, normal people. From young boys to tween girls to senior citizens to every one in between. Just average  people. The only ones that raised a slight eyebrow was three twenty something Asian men lingering in front of a handgun display and speaking their native language. There has been a number of issues in the metro area with Asian gang members. One thing I CAN tell is that prices are WAY up. Thanks to Obama MANY, MANY more people are armed than before he was elected.


  • #2

    I went to a couple of gun shows and found them to be an uncomfortable waste of time. Better deals can be found online and at cabelas and you don't have to spend several hours marinating in old man stink.

    Comment


    • McLovin
      McLovin commented
      Editing a comment

      Noreaster wrote:

      I went to a couple of gun shows and found them to be an uncomfortable waste of time. Better deals can be found online and at cabelas and you don't have to spend several hours marinating in old man stink.


      My mission was to educate myself. With al lthe talk of the "gun show loophole" I figured there must be all kinds of shady charactors there that can't buy guns legally, exploiting this "loophole".

      Of course when they call it the "gunshow loophole" it really extends far beyond gun shows affecting EVERY private transfer of a firearm. If my 80 year olf father in law wanted to sell a gun to his neighbor down the road, they'd have to drive a half hour into town and pay for a background check on his neighbor. If a grandfather wants to pass down a heirloom rifle to his grandson he'd have to have a background check run on his grandson.

       

      It's not about safety. It's about control.


    • Chaunch
      Chaunch commented
      Editing a comment

      Noreaster wrote:

      I went to a couple of gun shows and found them to be an uncomfortable waste of time. Better deals can be found online and at cabelas and you don't have to spend several hours marinating in old man stink.


      Yes.


  • #3

    Lord Elpus wrote:
    Here's hoping they all shoot each other on a regular basis.

    Be careful. People like Hoddy may report you.

    _________________________________________

    “True unalienable rights do not require one to trample other unalienable rights.”
    ―J.S.B. Morse

    Comment


    • #4

      McLovin wrote:

      With all of the hub bub I thought it was time I checked one out for myself. First of all- it was packed! You couldn't even move packed. Body to body.

       

      Second- I was expecting to to see all kinds of unsavory charactors buying all kinds of weapons of war under the table...What I saw has all average, normal people. From young boys to tween girls to senior citizens to every one in between. Just average  people. The only ones that raised a slight eyebrow was three twenty something Asian men lingering in front of a handgun display and speaking their native language. There has been a number of issues in the metro area with Asian gang members. One thing I CAN tell is that prices are WAY up. Thanks to Obama MANY, MANY more people are armed than before he was elected.


      How do you know what they were like? Did you do any background checks on them?

      Comment


      • quickie1
        quickie1 commented
        Editing a comment

        moonlightin wrote:

        McLovin wrote:

        With all of the hub bub I thought it was time I checked one out for myself. First of all- it was packed! You couldn't even move packed. Body to body.

         

        Second- I was expecting to to see all kinds of unsavory charactors buying all kinds of weapons of war under the table...What I saw has all average, normal people. From young boys to tween girls to senior citizens to every one in between. Just average  people. The only ones that raised a slight eyebrow was three twenty something Asian men lingering in front of a handgun display and speaking their native language. There has been a number of issues in the metro area with Asian gang members. One thing I CAN tell is that prices are WAY up. Thanks to Obama MANY, MANY more people are armed than before he was elected.


        How do you know what they were like? Did you do any background checks on them?


        Of course not.....just like the sellers.


    • #5

      McLovin wrote:
      The only ones that raised a slight eyebrow was three twenty something Asian men lingering in front of a handgun display and speaking their native language.

      They ain't white. Why else would they be there if they aren't gang members? You are obviously a genius. Good work Einstein.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Cox

      Comment


      • #6

        McLovin wrote:

        Thanks to Obama MANY, MANY more people are armed than before he was elected.


         

        Really? What did Obama do?

        Comment


        • quickie1
          quickie1 commented
          Editing a comment

          SHRED wrote:

          McLovin wrote:

          Thanks to Obama MANY, MANY more people are armed than before he was elected.


           

          Really? What did Obama do?


          He was born. Poor gun enthusiasts and GOP.  Misguided, misinformed, mislead by the NRA.


        • harrycox1
          harrycox1 commented
          Editing a comment

          SHRED wrote:

          McLovin wrote:

          Thanks to Obama MANY, MANY more people are armed than before he was elected.


           

          Really? What did Obama do?


          He's blick

           

          he is blick

          Attached Files

      • #7
        "Enforce the laws on the books" would be bull**************** in this case. How many people who know they can't pass a background check are actually going to say so? One in a thousand?

        Require these dealers to run background checks just like the licensed dealers must. It's the only obvious answer.
        _________________________________________________
        band websites:
        http://www.JumpStartYourParty.com
        https://www.gigmasters.com/Rock/Jump-Start
        https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
        http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

        Comment


        • thankyou
          thankyou commented
          Editing a comment

          I have to agree now, after watching this video, that there is no gunshow loophole.

           

           

          There's a portal big enough to drive a truckful of weapons from Virginia to New York.



      Working...
      X