No announcement yet.

Roast Chicken

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roast Chicken

I like to do a rub of Kosher salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, sage, olive oil, butter. Both under and over the skin, and in the cavity. You flash roast chicken at about 500 degrees for the first 15-20 minutes, then turn down heat and let it roast at 300 for about an hour, or so, till tender and juicy.

Last edited by Fred Fartboski : Today at...

i love roast chicken, especially with roast veggies.

i make a garlic paste ala zankou chicken for mine.

i used rosemary olive oil last time...mmmm

Comment

• Fred Fartboski
      Fred Fartboski commented
      Editing a comment

• Fred Fartboski
      Fred Fartboski commented
      Editing a comment

Davo17 wrote:

i make a garlic paste ala zankou chicken for mine.

I loved zankou's garlic paste for their roast chicken. It was basically a garlically, lemon infused mayonaisse, thickened with mashed potato.

I always wanted to make my own

What's your recipe?

Properly roasting a whole chicken is something that have I have never been able to do reliably. Its either not done or it is dry.

I can roast pieces or a butterflied bird to perfection but roasting the whole bird eludes me.

Originally Posted by Papa Grizzly

Auntie Em just piddled her knickers.

Originally Posted by 55gibby

It's OK that you're a dumbass... but it's not OK that you're boring. If you're going to be stupid, a least be funny

Originally Posted by Hoddy

First off, I'm not Hoddy, and secondly as far as groveling is concerned, probably about as much as Johnny66 or Daddysguitar did when they were banned.

Comment

• yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

newbie chick wrote:

Properly roasting a whole chicken is something that have I have never been able to do reliably. Its either not done or it is dry.

I can roast pieces or a butterflied bird to perfection but roasting the whole bird eludes me.

Keep it simple and try this:

Get a fryer (don't bother with a roaster), clean out the insides, pull out most of the fat, but not all.  Then salt, pepper, garlic powder (optional) and lots of paprika. If you want to make it a little more tender, use  margarine with the paprika but that's messy.

Put it on a poultry rack that lifts it off the broiler pan so it cannot sit in it's own fat, bake at 325 until it's how you like it.  Simple.  Been doing that since I was in college.

• Davo17
      Davo17 commented
      Editing a comment

newbie chick wrote:

put a pan of apple vinegar or applejuice or even water in a pan under the roast, it will keep you moist.

• McLovin
      McLovin commented
      Editing a comment

newbie chick wrote:

I'll bet it does.

Yep....

I use a locally made rub.

In the oven (breast up) for 15 - 20 min at 500 as Fart said.

Then breast down for the hour at 325 or so.

Been using my grill's rotisserie as well.

Comment

Working...
    X