Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrorist serving life for role in 1993 WTC bombing reportedly sues to end solitary.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorist serving life for role in 1993 WTC bombing reportedly sues to end solitary.

A convicted terrorist serving life with no parole plus 240 years for masterminding the 1993 World Trade Center bombing has reportedly filed a lawsuit arguing he should be let out of solitary confinement.

The Los Angeles Times reports Ramzi Yousef is hoping he can persuade a judge to end his nearly 24-hour solitary confinement at a Colorado prison known as the "Fortress in the Rockies."

"I request an immediate end to my solitary confinement and ask to be in a unit in an open prison environment where inmates are allowed outside their cells for no less than 14 hours a day," he reportedly wrote in confidential government records obtained by The Los Angeles Times. "I have been in solitary confinement in the U.S. since Feb. 8, 1995, with no end in sight.... I further ask not to be in handcuffs or leg irons when moved outside my cell."

Yousef reportedly claims his due process under the law is being violated because he has no chance to get out of solitary confinement despite 15 years of good behavior in prison. The lawsuit reportedly claims his time in solitary confinement has led to "severe psychological trauma."

Really?

“True unalienable rights do not require one to trample other unalienable rights.”
    ―J.S.B. Morse

solitary confinement does lead to "severe psychological trauma." 

Comment

• willhaven
      willhaven commented
      Editing a comment

Civilian trials have yielded faster and harsher sentencing than the Gitmo military commissions have.

This fact makes Republicans superbutthurtmad.

• quickie1
      quickie1 commented
      Editing a comment

moogerfooger wrote:

solitary confinement does lead to "severe psychological trauma." 

So? What's your point? Death from terrorism leads to "severe psychological trauma" for the victims families.

• Jack Walker
      Jack Walker commented
      Editing a comment

Great point! We can't have that can we??

quickie1 wrote:

A convicted terrorist serving life with no parole plus 240 years...

I knew terrorists live up to 240 years.

Americans are idiots.

Comment

quickie1 wrote:

...Ramzi Yousef...

His uncle should be tried and convicted through the same system.

TWO TERMS BITCHES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
        Editing a comment

After Islam has forgiven you, send your foreign minister to Beijing. He gets out of the "Inch Allah One" on his knees with a sign around his neck:  

"Give us more Nike, iPhones and Samsung for free"

and beg for pardon for the 1446 Chinese dead and the 4200 wounded when your Hitlerhand humiliated Asian soil. Then manufacture peg-leg and hearing aid and export them to China for free.

Lolz @ libs proud of civilian incarceration of terrorists.

They forget that Obama is invoking the death penalty without due process, without UN approval, and without the permission of the countries where drones are targeting these fine young gentlemen.

Well done.

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
        Editing a comment

Send Obama once to Afghanistan, alone, with a student visa, and see what happen.

So let me get this straight....

It's okay to lock up a terrorist in solitary for life and cause extreme mental trauma for decades.

But it's not okay to splash water on them, and cause extreme mental trauma for 30 seconds in order to get information that could be used to save American lives.

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
        Daryl Flynn commented
        Editing a comment

nedezero1 wrote:

It's okay to lock up a terrorist in solitary for life and cause extreme mental trauma for decades.

But it's not okay to splash water on them, and cause extreme mental trauma for 30 seconds in order to get information that could be used to save American lives.

They picture him happily reading his Koran with a full tummy of tax payer food.

I dunno, who knows what the **************** a liberal thinks?

Good point too, Ned.

• John Ellis
        John Ellis commented
        Editing a comment

nedezero1 wrote:

Yep and fuhgetabowt making them listen to loud music or being kept awake for a full day

Working...
    X