Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who sold the USA to China to begin with?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who sold the USA to China to begin with?

This is how the United States got sold to China:

---------------------------------------------

From Wikipedia.com:

China

Main article: 1972 Nixon visit to China

President Nixon shakes hands with Chinese Premier Zhou Enlai upon arriving in Beijing

Nixon laid the groundwork for his overture to China even before he became president, writing in Foreign Affairs a year before his election: "There is no place on this small planet for a billion of its potentially most able people to live in angry isolation."[115] Assisting him in this venture was his National Security Advisor and future Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger, with whom the President worked closely, bypassing Cabinet officials. With relations between the Soviet Union and China at a nadir

wal-mart used to be "made in the usa", so i don't know.

haven't been there in 12 yrs but i still have towels and clothes i bought, long before i moved to HK. 

bought some in china and now use them for the dogs.

i was impressed when nixon went to china. it was a good move. 

too bad mandarin or japanese wasn't offered in high school like french or german. 

Comment

• yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

It was 10 years later in 1982, when Reagan signed into law all kinds of tax incentives for companies to "help" developing nations by moving manufacturing there, ouf the USA, as one of his many ways to destroy the unions, their influence over corporations, and their influence over elections because the vast majority of them favored the Democratic Party.

Reagan sold out the nation for a political edge for Republicans and to benefit corporations proven to have no loyalty to America.

VanHalen wrote:

Lost Manufacturing Jobs

Automation. 

Attached Files

Comment

• Minning Around
      Minning Around commented
      Editing a comment

Caulk Rocket wrote:

VanHalen wrote:

Lost Manufacturing Jobs

Automation. 

Just yesterday I heard a good spin on this automation/low-cost production screwing that we've recieved. It goes like this: As computerized, automated manufacturing becomes cheaper and cheaper eventually those manufacturing jobs will return to the U.S. The other big factor is rising labor and environmental costs in developing countries. Shipping costs will factor in too. The scale is starting to swing back toward us. But there won't be many people working in the new factories - many robots.

Attached Files

WHO SOLD THE USA TO CHINA TO BEGIN WITH?

The US citizens who couldnt be bothered, or couldnt afford to buy American made products, the business people trying to appease sharholders by moving jobs overseas, and the politicians who created the environment for all of this to happen.

Comment

• tom watson
      tom watson commented
      Editing a comment

this usa and china are the countries those developed their own weapons...so they have to begin with peace and calmness

• Hoppy Shimko
      Hoppy Shimko commented
      Editing a comment

"The US citizens who couldnt be bothered, or couldnt afford to buy American made products, the business people trying to appease sharholders by moving jobs overseas, and the politicians who created the environment for all of this to happen."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get tired of being blamed for things I had no part of. In the future, please refrain from blaming me, or at least make a footnote stating I am not involved.

• Reverse Entropy
      Reverse Entropy commented
      Editing a comment

Just Me wrote:

WHO SOLD THE USA TO CHINA TO BEGIN WITH?

The US citizens who couldnt be bothered, or couldnt afford to buy American made products, the business people trying to appease sharholders by moving jobs overseas, and the politicians who created the environment for all of this to happen.

WELL SAID ! There is plenty of blame for everyone here, including the Holy US Citizen who didn't give a crap about what happened to US workers, as long as they could buy a cheap new toy. I have no love for the business managers and directors who snootily claimed to know what was best in running their businesses - in fact they didn't know squat, and looted the companies just like the looter/driectors are doing today. This began the current generation of Politics For Sale, which is now pandemic.

But we as consumers had our venal part in this mess as well.

As for the quality of the goods produced in China, some of it is good, some acceptable and some is junk. They don't produce junk merely for export, they sell it to themselves right beside the decent stuff. It's a little weird when you're there, and realize the crappy scissors you just bought were never intended for bilking the export market. It's crap for domestic use. Bizarre.

Some of the wild price gaps mentioned here are comparing counterfeit items to genuine. You can find seconds and over-runs if you know where to go (they're seldom easy to locate), but that saves you about 30% over the retail price there. A lot of stuff is NOT drastically cheaper in China than in the USA. An unusual thing about some Chinese consumers is they brag about how much they paid for it, rather than bragging about a bargain. It's one of the many confusing aspects of their culture.

VanHalen wrote:

Five years after these visits to China, the USA manufacturing jobs began to decrease at a rapid pace. So, you can thank Richard Nixon for selling us out to China... but we all share blame in the venture. By buying $15 blenders, $9 coffee makers, and $300 LCD TVs, we partnered with Nixon to sell out our kids' futures. It is an addiction that we cannot seem to resist. 

What part of the decrease of manufacturing jobs are related to the increased use of automation to do things that humans used to do?  Just wondering.

What part does automation play in reducing costs of items?  Just wondering.

A bot can perform a repetitive task longer than a human, with fewer mistakes, more consistently, and sometimes faster.

I think you are placing the blame of decreased manufacturing by humans, or if you wish, by Americans, in the wrong lap.  American manufacturing is at an all time high, there is just lessor need for humans to perform that manufacturing.

Comment

George H.W. Bush, when he was ambassador to China.

Man's Got To Know His Limitations........

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
        Editing a comment

I sell my shares of the USA to China, if Bush doesn't bid higher.

Working...
    X