No announcement yet.

OT- Grandpa

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT- Grandpa

My daughter in law gave birth this  am at about 4:41 to our first grandchild..
    A healthy boy.[Thank You Lord]..
     at 58 almost 59, and my wife at 59,almost 60, and with 4 sons up to  35 years of age, this should have happened 10 years ago, but it is what it is.. My 2 oldest are highly accomplished, and a family meant nothing to them.. careers did, but that their business of course... I thought I would never see a grand child, but I held him today, and thankfully he is  perfect.. I think about those  young parents that aren't as lucky, and have babies with major problems.   Thats what was going through my head a lot as I held my new grandson.. anyway, its been a good day..

I made some really nice sausage and peppers when we got home from the hospital... I make it a bit different, I cook the sausage very well,  slice it up, and add the peppers and onions and  saute them in the drippings until they are quite soft, and then make a gravy with some flour and water, so it can be served over rice, or  in a nice drippy sandwich of course, on good stout Italian bread... 

I  will think about the day as the bride of my youth and I eat together..

it was a good day, and one I waited for for many years.. Now I must contemplate- I must envision  as many devious ways as possible to spoil this little one rotten.. I need to start looking at small baseball gloves and bats.. Oh yeah, and fishing rods for little hands.. and little kid  type 4 PFD's  for the boat. and...... well, you know......bob
    ** The poster formerly known as SPONGEBOB**

** The poster formally known as SPONGEBOB**

Congrats!!!

Happiness is a warm gut pile!!!

Comment

Congratulations, Spongebob. May he have a long and healthy life.

Comment

• yanktar
        yanktar commented
        Editing a comment

Congratulations!  It's not nearly as late as you think! Heck you're only a year older than me and my kids are still in the house (about to send one off to college).

My dad didn't get to hold his first grandchild till he was almost 80 and it was my newborn son.  And, within hours he had two more as the adoption of my niece and nephew were finalized.  My mom was nearly 70 and they were her first, too.

You're still a young grandpa!

OK: Now here's a word of advice that will help you going forward: Always remember that Grandparents and Grandchildren get along SO well because....

THEY HAVE A COMMON ENEMY!

(Your son won't forgive me though! )

Congratulations Bob.

Only three things are important: Love, peace and pale ale.

Comment

• Microtilt
        Microtilt commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations.

• Minning Around
        Minning Around commented
        Editing a comment

Awesome. Enjoy.

I'm 53 and my son is 20. Who knows? I'll take whatever comes my way. That's part of what life is about.

Good stuff Bob. Congats......

Phil SaidIf you possess the superior intellect, then it should be no problem for you to point out the logical fallacies and other problems of their position or post without having to debase yourself by resorting to ad hominem attacks.

Comment

• fretmess
        fretmess commented
        Editing a comment

Congrats Bob.

Note:  If you spoil him rotten you run the risk of your grandchild  growing up to be....gasp...a liberal since they expect everything to be given to them without earning it.

Will there be pedal steel lessons in his future?

snarly wrote:

My daughter in law gave birth this  am at about 4:41 to our first grandchild..
      A healthy boy.[Thank You Lord]..
       at 58 almost 59, and my wife at 59,almost 60, and with 4 sons up to  35 years of age, this should have happened 10 years ago, but it is what it is.. My 2 oldest are highly accomplished, and a family meant nothing to them.. careers did, but that their business of course... I thought I would never see a grand child, but I held him today, and thankfully he is  perfect.. I think about those  young parents that aren't as lucky, and have babies with major problems.   Thats what was going through my head a lot as I held my new grandson.. anyway, its been a good day..

I made some really nice sausage and peppers when we got home from the hospital... I make it a bit different, I cook the sausage very well,  slice it up, and add the peppers and onions and  saute them in the drippings until they are quite soft, and then make a gravy with some flour and water, so it can be served over rice, or  in a nice drippy sandwich of course, on good stout Italian bread... 

I  will think about the day as the bride of my youth and I eat together..

it was a good day, and one I waited for for many years.. Now I must contemplate- I must envision  as many devious ways as possible to spoil this little one rotten.. I need to start looking at small baseball gloves and bats.. Oh yeah, and fishing rods for little hands.. and little kid  type 4 PFD's  for the boat. and...... well, you know......bob
      ** The poster formerly known as SPONGEBOB**

Congratulations Bob. I am sure you will make a wonderful grandfather.

Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country. - John F. Kennedy

Grab'em by the pussy! - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Congratulations, Bob...to you and the whole family!

Comment

Congrats, man. I hope interacting with your grandson has a positive effect on both of your lives.
          Stumblin' thru da ghost town.....

Comment

Working...
          X