Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

$9/hr is still NOT ENOUGH

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    If wouldn't go up all at once. These raises always are incremental.
    _________________________________________________
    band websites:
    http://www.JumpStartYourParty.com
    https://www.gigmasters.com/Rock/Jump-Start
    https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
    http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

    Comment


    • #17
      Tim: I didn't just run my piehole, I gave you numbers. Unemployment doesn't go up when the minimum wage does. You're just talking out your ass again. You have nothing to support what you say.
      _________________________________________________
      band websites:
      http://www.JumpStartYourParty.com
      https://www.gigmasters.com/Rock/Jump-Start
      https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
      http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

      Comment


      • TIMKEYS
        TIMKEYS commented
        Editing a comment

        guido61 wrote:
        Tim: I didn't just run my piehole, I gave you numbers. Unemployment doesn't go up when the minimum wage does. You're just talking out your ass again. You have nothing to support what you say.

        Dave take a look at youth un employmet numbers.... they are high because adults are taking those jobs because while they dont pay a lot ,, they do pay.   The young people are getting cut out of the opportunty to to work because the min wage is high enough for adults to take them.   Drop the min wage and those kids would have jobs and would be learning work skills.   Hell before i left kalamazoo i had a little part time job working for a surveyor.  It only paid 10 buck an hour ,,,, if it had paid 6 bucks i would not have bothered with it.   It would have been some kids job,,, and you know what?   He may have ended up becomming a surveyor from doing it.  I know if i was  younger and needed to find a career I might have really made a shift.  The guy i worked for was a little older than me and may well have been willing to sell out to the kid after he got qualified.     The problem with our society is they just cant understand the term paying the dues to a decent job and career.    Obama is not going to do **************** for the un employment numbers  other than keep them the same or make them worse.    People stop being counted when the un employment benifits stop ,, so thats why the numbers are under stated


    • #18
      You've got nothing to back up your stories. As usual. Youth unemployment has nothing to do with the minimum wage. And like I said, pay kids less. No reason to not have a separate minimum wage for kids if that's what has your panties so in a bunch.

      _________________________________________________
      band websites:
      http://www.JumpStartYourParty.com
      https://www.gigmasters.com/Rock/Jump-Start
      https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
      http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

      Comment


      • TIMKEYS
        TIMKEYS commented
        Editing a comment

         


        guido61 wrote:
        You've got nothing to back up your stories. As usual. Youth unemployment has nothing to do with the minimum wage. And like I said, pay kids less. No reason to not have a separate minimum wage for kids if that's what has your panties so in a bunch.


        Dave you are so dim that you cant figure out that you just shot the limb out from under you that you were trying to cling to.   Business will just hire the people they can get at the lowest wage.     If the min wage is 9 bucks,, they skip the young people and go for more adults.  Now you cant have it both ways ,because  either way someone is getting cut out of an opportunty to work.   We really need to dump the min wage and just go wtih market forces to force people to get off their ass and work.    The jobs will be there if the goverment gets out of the deal with unreasonable unemployment extensions  and high min wage rules.  Obama is spending trillions to try to print and spend his way to recovery and its not working.  Its getting worse. 

         

        liberals sit around and find excuses why they cant work,, and the rest get off their ass and go get a job , any job and try to build on it.  I mean who in the hell would hire a guy thats last employer was 99 weeks ago , with no job in between.  Thats not who i would hire. no one wants that person. 


    • #19
      Again this has nothing to do with Obama. We've raised the minimum wage under almost every president since FDR. Your obsession with Obama is becoming a sickness for you.

      And raising the minimum wage a dollar and half over a couple of years isn't going to send employers fleeing for a market of overqualified adults for jobs they hire kids to do now. Your so far off base in this discussion that you're flaying around trying to provide some answer for everything

      The numbers speak for themselves. Raising the minimum wage doesn't increase unemployment. Plain and simple.

      But your answer to solve economic problems is to pay people LESS? Yeah. That's ****************ing brilliant. People can only contribute to the economy when they have money to spend. So give them less. Yeah that will really help. You're a ****************ing genius, dude.
      _________________________________________________
      band websites:
      http://www.JumpStartYourParty.com
      https://www.gigmasters.com/Rock/Jump-Start
      https://www.facebook.com/JumpStartYourParty
      http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/jumps...587fe5f12.html

      Comment


      • Caulk Rocket
        Caulk Rocket commented
        Editing a comment
        How bad does the new forum suck?

        I posted a half-dozen charts and it didn't interrupt the idiocy of the partisan hacks.

      • TIMKEYS
        TIMKEYS commented
        Editing a comment

        guido61 wrote:
        Again this has nothing to do with Obama. We've raised the minimum wage under almost every president since FDR. Your obsession with Obama is becoming a sickness for you.

        And raising the minimum wage a dollar and half over a couple of years isn't going to send employers fleeing for a market of overqualified adults for jobs they hire kids to do now. Your so far off base in this discussion that you're flaying around trying to provide some answer for everything

        The numbers speak for themselves. Raising the minimum wage doesn't increase unemployment. Plain and simple.

        But your answer to solve economic problems is to pay people LESS? Yeah. That's ****************ing brilliant. People can only contribute to the economy when they have money to spend. So give them less. Yeah that will really help. You're a ****************ing genius, dude.

        NO what i said was to get rid of the min wage, and let the market set the rates for labor.   Obama has become a sickness for this country and economy.  His policy is not working.   He has spent 6 trillion dollars and we we have seen the labor force shrink and they still advertise the same numbers  as far as un employment today.   Actually they are worse.    The numbers dont lie.  


    • #20

      Get a real job and it won't be a problem for you.

       

       

      The great pillars of all government and of social life are virtue, morality, and religion. This is the armor, my friend, and this alone, that renders us invincible... If we lose these, we are conquered, fallen indeed . . . so long as our manners and principles remain sound, there is no danger

      Patrick Henry

      Comment


      • Minning Around
        Minning Around commented
        Editing a comment

        WKG wrote:

        Get a real job and it won't be a problem for you.

         

         


        Maybe you don't realize it but there's a lot of class bigotry involved in your statement.



    Working...
    X