Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

is anti gun rhetoric becoming a religion?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is anti gun rhetoric becoming a religion?

if you own guns, you're a gun nut. if you support 2nd amendment rights, you're a stupid and ignorant, and out of touch.  if you point out the absurdity of gun legeslation with respect to actually preventing criminals from having guns you're an idiot.

sounds like a religion to me --  in group/ out gropup  mentality 

Very good point.

Phil SaidIf you possess the superior intellect, then it should be no problem for you to point out the logical fallacies and other problems of their position or post without having to debase yourself by resorting to ad hominem attacks.

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
      Daryl Flynn commented
      Editing a comment

John Ellis wrote:

Very good point.

Yep.

nevermind

Comment

moogerfooger wrote:

if you own guns, you're a gun nut. if you support 2nd amendment rights, you're a stupid and ignorant, and out of touch.  if you point out the absurdity of gun legeslation with respect to actually preventing criminals from having guns you're an idiot.

irony

Comment

• Fred Fartboski
        Fred Fartboski commented
        Editing a comment

lol

Gub regulation is a "religion" just like global warming, or evolution, is a "religion"

LOL

It is to Quickie.

“The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything”

Albert Einstein

Comment

• thankyou
        thankyou commented
        Editing a comment

Hoddy wrote:

It is to Quickie.

There are few who are privileged to pray at the mighty altar of NASCOLEMAN.

moogerfooger wrote:

Liberals have to resort to attacking others when their social view fails, and then they go looking for someone or somthing else  to blame it on.   

"you mess with him and you mess with the whole trailer park"

Comment

• Minning Around
        Minning Around commented
        Editing a comment

Well, that's one of the worst jobs of analyzing a situation that I've seen in quite some time. Carry on.

• John Ellis
        John Ellis commented
        Editing a comment

TIMKEYS wrote:

moogerfooger wrote:

Liberals have to resort to attacking others when their social view fails, and then they go looking for someone or somthing else  to blame it on.   

Exactly, they go to insane extremes to mitigate individual responsibility and accountability and cry foul when it blows up in their face.

They cheer broken families yet can't understand why we're overrun with thug culture. 

• Gromit
        Gromit commented
        Editing a comment

TIMKEYS wrote:

moogerfooger wrote:

Ahem, did you not notice that this thread isn't about 'liberals', and the post that you quoted was an attack?

Did you really not notice that?

moogerfooger wrote:

Rhetoric is rhetoric.  Religion is religion.  Both are very varied, and very different from each other.  Your 'question' - actually not a question but an attack veiled in the clothing of a question - is as meaningless and unhelpful to sensible debate as the attacks of people who call all gun owners 'nuts'.

Question: Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

Answer: because it was dead.

Comment

• fretmess
        fretmess commented
        Editing a comment

No, not a religion but, it is getting louder and it is making more sense.

• Hoppy Shimko
        Hoppy Shimko commented
        Editing a comment
        lIL bom BOM Adn TEH Mochiee IS ON BIGG yes WITh the moo moo anD bigG skemo bo booob ooooob oooooMOOOOONCHIEEEEEE ! LOLOLOLlHA ahA aHA AOMG OM oMG LAmO LMAolmaO ! @ !@ ! HAhAHAH

moogerfooger wrote:

Do you need an assault rifle to fight that strawman?

Or will a pitchfork do?

x

Comment

• moogerfooger
        moogerfooger commented
        Editing a comment
        if you own guns, you're a gun nut. if you support 2nd amendment rights, you're a stupid and ignorant, and out of touch. if you point out the absurdity of gun legeslation with respect to actually preventing criminals from having guns you're an idiot.

sounds like a religion to me -- in group/ out gropup mentality

Slodge: Do you need an assault rifle to fight that strawman?

See, no real arguments. It's not a strawman if there is some basis for the argument.

Notice that the poster uses one of the main arguments anti gun folks have. No I don't need an assault rifle. I don't have one ether but I support the right of my fellow citizens to have them if they want just as I support your right not to have one if tho don't want

I don't see or hear any body suggesting that people without guns are cowards as some poster suggested. I don't have any either except for the antique one I have. Talk about a strawman

moogerfooger wrote:

The problem isn't most gun-owners, the problem is the morons that "need" more firepower than they can intelligently handle...the delusional fools who actually believe their owning an AR-15 will keep the Evil Government at bay.

These are the ones who will eventually cost we gun owners our rights, not the Government, itself.

Comment

• Minning Around
        Minning Around commented
        Editing a comment

Graeca wrote:

moogerfooger wrote:

The problem isn't most gun-owners, the problem is the morons that "need" more firepower than they can intelligently handle...the delusional fools who actually believe their owning an AR-15 will keep the Evil Government at bay.

These are the ones who will eventually cost us our rights, not the Government, itself

Bingo. It's always like that. The few morons ruin it for everyone else. Sell enough AR-15's, etc. and we'll reach a critical mass where one more incident brings the whole "right" crashing down into a shell of what it once was. We are always reactionary and never visionary. Too often conservative and too little progressive. Pathetically slow and resistant to change.

The NRA will have itself to blame since they are the ones who resisted reasonable laws.

• gspointer
        gspointer commented
        Editing a comment

Graeca wrote:

moogerfooger wrote:

These are the ones who will eventually cost we gun owners our rights, not the Government, itself.

Do you have any examples of people that have had an AR-15 for a couple of years that have been an issue?

Moog, I'm surprised at you. You know full well that your OP is laden with fallacies. There are many like me who own guns, support the 2nd, and still see clearly that lots of gun owners are gun nuts. Religion? Nonsense.

As it happens, this BladeRunner shooting in South Africa is exactly what we who don't see our guns as home defense are talking about. It was the gun nuts' wet dream scenario. Hear a sound in the night, grab your gun, kill the bad guy. If the guys story holds, he believed he was being a hero. That is, until he opened that door and found the 'intruder' he'd killed was his girlfriend.

That story conforms to the DATA we see, data that make clear that a gun in the home is more hazardous to the residents and guests than to possible interlopers. Sorry moog, but it's abundantly clear that the 'religion' is the believers.... not the folk who make their decisions on the basis of data.

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

moogerfooger wrote:

Gun nuts whine about being persecuted more than Christians. So I'd say you got it backwards. Unless there's more to religion than whining like a bitch.

Comment

Working...
        X