X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sequester or not?

Do you think it will happen?

Seems as though all the "expert" talking heads think that congress doesn't have enough time to work it out to prevent it.

Looking at the congress on break & the Prez putting his golf game ahead of it, it looks like neither side is too anxious to prevent it &  dem, repubs & the Prez actually will be glad when it does.

It look like the only way for the politicians to accomplish anything is by doing nothing.

''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
    Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

I hope so.

Obama is trying to blame Republicans but it was his idea

Phil SaidIf you possess the superior intellect, then it should be no problem for you to point out the logical fallacies and other problems of their position or post without having to debase yourself by resorting to ad hominem attacks.

Comment

• notgonnadoit
      notgonnadoit commented
      Editing a comment
      "Sequestration" and "Fiscal Cliff" are reality tv politics. They fabricate the emergencies, play out the drama, and people eat it up.

• yumpy
      yumpy commented
      Editing a comment

John Ellis wrote:

I hope so.

yup. 

but no one here, on his side, will address that little bit of info.

• kissmyace
      kissmyace commented
      Editing a comment

John Ellis wrote:

I hope so.

It was his idea, and he signed it into law, but noooo, its the repugs fault

stratosaurus wrote:

Seems as though all the "expert" talking heads think that congress doesn't have enough time to work it out to prevent it.

Looking at the congress on break & the Prez putting his golf game ahead of it, it looks like neither side is too anxious to prevent it &  dem, repubs & the Prez actually will be glad when it does.

It look like the only way for the politicians to accomplish anything is by doing nothing.

Nah.  The congress will just pass another bill to extend the date of effect.

Comment

The amount needing to be cut is much greater than that which will be cut through sequestration.

Comment

Interesting read on the sequester. It was a way major bad underestimate of the repugs to propose such a thing.

A Game of Chicken

Comment

• Mr.NiceGuy
          Mr.NiceGuy commented
          Editing a comment

25% of 1% of GDP doesn't mean squat. Especially when they are only talking about a reduction in spending growth.

Politicians are banking once again, on the American sheeple being stupid enough not to understand this.

The Dims and their mouthpieces on CNN,MSNBC, Progressive News and Talk (Commie radio inChi. area) and of course HCPP will fall for it once again and blame the Repubs." My God! they'll have to close the Washington Monument and fire all of the USDA meat inspectors. "

• stratosaurus
          stratosaurus commented
          Editing a comment

moonlightin wrote:

Interesting read on the sequester. It was a way major bad underestimate of the repugs to propose such a thing.

A Game of Chicken

They will kick the can further down theroad and claim some kind of  bipartisan compromise.

stratosaurus wrote:

Non fui. Fui. Non sum. Non curo.

Comment

• slodge
          slodge commented
          Editing a comment

On the bright side, we finally have republicans on record saying that slashing government and laying off public workers would be BAD for the economy.

Back before they saw an opportunity to enact those policies and possibly blame Obama for the results, it was the whole of their economic program.

My suggestion:

Let the sequester happen. If the markets react horribly, then congress can pass legislation that phases in the cuts over a couple of years.

If the markets don't react and job losses aren't significant, then we can simply let the cuts stand.

Comment

If Obama is so worried about the sequester he needs to get off the golf course and get involved.

Disclaimer: My threads and posts are created to allow forum members to discuss interesting subject matter.

I reserve the right to change my decisions at anytime.

Comment

• gspointer
            gspointer commented
            Editing a comment

Visconti wrote:

If Obama is so worried about the sequester he needs to get off the golf course and get involved.

No! First he has to pressure as many states as he can into passing useless gun laws. He is firing up the Unions right now to protest a protest in New York as we speak. This budget can wait. 

Working...
        X