No announcement yet.

The Academy Awards are boring

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Academy Awards are boring

My wife and her friends act like this is some important ****************.

It used to be good when there were actors like Pacino, Brando, and Nicholson up for awards.

They couldn't even give supporting actor to De Niro.

Gave my wife the OSCAR for Best Tits in a movie I never released. Wasn't boring at all.

Comment

• nice keetee
      nice keetee commented
      Editing a comment

thanks for reminding me of the oscars, i'll tune in after the silly show i watch, walking dead.

I cry sometimes towards the end when the ceremony honors those that have left

And the award for worst sound engineering in a major awards show goes to .... the 2013 Oscars!

Anybody else notice the orchestra swells & fades in inappropriate places?  Annoyed the crap out of me.  Yeah, most award shows are badly contrived circle-jerks but I love movies, and there was a pretty good crop this year.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." -Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

• yumpy
      yumpy commented
      Editing a comment

everyone forget katharine hepburn? 

4, all for best actress. 

I wouldn't know. I have not watched the Academy awards since the early 90's. I stopped watching because they were boring.

Seriously.

Comment

Working...
    X