Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are the descendants of misfits and criminals.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are the descendants of misfits and criminals.

Really. The dregs of their societies back in Europe. Those who were deemed unfit to live in their native lands. They came here, hoping for an opportunity.

So often the rightwingbots speak of the "culture problem" that makes the USA so prone to gun violence.

Who better to own 310 million firearms than the descendants of misfits and criminals?

Criminals and Misfits

Attached Files

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

also religious fanatics. texas used not have what were called blue laws.

a mother couldn't buy diapers on a sunday and similar nonsense.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
      Daryl Flynn commented
      Editing a comment

"We"?

I'm English. I descend from the English. I've been traced to King William I.

I am not a criminal. 

• kav
      kav commented
      Editing a comment

"The British used colonial North America as a penal colony through a system of indentured servitude. Merchants would transport the convicts and auctioned them off to (for example) plantation owners upon arrival in the colonies. It is estimated that some 50,000 British convicts were sent to colonial America, representing perhaps one-quarter of all British emigrants during the 18th century."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_colony

Us British people dumped people in Australia and look what happened there. They beat us in the cricket and have better weather than us!
    Originally Posted by Motorik

[Prog rockers are] all babes. It's like the Miss World contest, but with sudden changes of time-signature.

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
      Editing a comment

It was a cleaning program.sipping the misfits to the new territoreies.

It didn't work out well for the flora and fauna.

We feel with the flora and fauna.

• Daryl Flynn
      Daryl Flynn commented
      Editing a comment

Ass whipping, not wiping, lol.

coyote-1 wrote:

Really. The dregs of their societies back in Europe. Those who were deemed unfit to live in their native lands. They came here, hoping for an opportunity.

Think you're confusing us with Australia.

On second thought...I really don't give a ****************.

Comment

my family came here as pilgrims on the maternal side and Quakers on the paternal.. OP premise is FAIL.. took generations before they produced the family criminals and misfits

┌∩┐(â—•_â—•)┌∠©â”

Comment

A branch of my family tree is descended from Owain Glyndwr (Owyn Glendower), the legendary Welsh folk hero and magician who fought against Henry Bolingbroke. 

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
          Editing a comment

Yes.

Zig al-din not. He incidentically fell out of an airplane which made an non-stop flight around the world. When the airplane landed in Paris, the Al-din baby was missing.

If we are the descendants of criminals and misfits, then what is wrong with being either a criminal or a misfit?

For those going on about Australia, have you forgotten that Australia was a criminal penal colony?

Comment

• Zig al-din
          Zig al-din commented
          Editing a comment

normh wrote:

If we are the descendants of criminals and misfits, then what is wrong with being either a criminal or a misfit?

Agreed. Everyone in the human race is one or the other or both.  

Working...
      X