Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horse meat found in Ikea's Swedish Meatballs!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse meat found in Ikea's Swedish Meatballs!

STOCKHOLM (AP)

[COLOR=#800000][I]Happiness is a warm gut pile!!![/I][/COLOR]

Is this an "Eew" thing or is there something actually bad for you in horse meat?
    http://www.last.fm/user/pinkfreudHC

Comment

• Sloppy Santa
      Sloppy Santa commented
      Editing a comment

pink freud wrote:
      Is this an "Eew" thing or is there something actually bad for you in horse meat?

In Europe the criticism really falls into three categories;

1) Fraud. Selling something that isn't what you say it is. The responsibility is that of whomever no doubt will have to face criminal charges for having delivered improperly labeled meat. If I'm not mistaken investigation leads to a supplier in France.

2) "Emotionally based objection" to eating horse meat. In other words horse-lovers that eat other types of meat are now all of a sudden really upset because they ate their darling animal. Personally I call bull**************** on this one. We either kill other living non-human things to eat them or we don't. If we do I think it's fairly silly to discriminate and be upset about it on some sort of "principled" level....

3) Quality control. How do consumers and also vendors now know that the meat is fine considering that it wasn't even the type of meat they thought it was. Granted, this is always a risk, but one wonders...

• Hoddy
      Hoddy commented
      Editing a comment

pink freud wrote:

It's being passed off as beef...doesn't really bother me, but some folks are skittish about eating horse meat.

• Gromit
      Gromit commented
      Editing a comment

pink freud wrote:

It's more a case of people being told they're eating beef when they're not.

I don't eat any meat, so I'm not the right person to ask.

I'm vegan... it's always been a mystery to me why evil c***s get sentimental about what type of flesh they eat shrug

Attached Files

Comment

• trainset
      trainset commented
      Editing a comment

Zeopold wrote:

I'm vegan... it's always been a mystery to me why evil c***s get sentimental about what type of flesh they eat shrug

this...

Attached Files

• Brave Ulysses
      Brave Ulysses commented
      Editing a comment

Zeopold wrote:

you know plants make noise when they're cut.  do you eat yours before you kill them?  if you've ever eaten a raw veggie, how the hell can you live with yourself?

Attached Files

Working...
X