Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Europe have the worst political culture (surpassing, US, Japan, etc.)???

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radomu wrote:

It is no coincidence that the European continent has produced, in the past couple of decades, leaders and politicians of the lowest quality in the world. Silvio Berlusconi, Jacque Chirac, Nicola Sarkozy, Barrosso, Jose Luis Zapatero, Mariano Rajoy, George Papanderou, Anders Fogh Rassmussen, Angela Merkel, Gerhard Schroeder, Goran Persson, Alexander Stubb, David Cameron, George Osbourne, and of course, Tony Blair.

There, that's how far I got in your OP before I encountered something of "value" worth responding to. So, Goran Persson who has been retired for 7 years now, is a politician of the lowest quality in the world? So if we compare him to Ahmadinejad or Netanyahu or someone they're at least on par?

radomu wrote:

The list goes on and on of scums of the earth that are in high-ranking political positions in this continent, basically nothing but slaves to big capital. Much of these people should be in jail right now.

Ok, fine. High-ranking politicians in Europe are slave to big capital. Now let's put that in perspective to the rest of the world (the premise of your thread, right?): Bad? Yes. Worst? Hardly.

radomu wrote:

Don't even get me started on the political superstructure of the EU. It's so elitist and dictatorial, that it makes the United States look like a participatory democracy.

Here is a direct comparison between the United States, i.e. states that are united in a federation, and the EU, which is an organization of states that are united in a collaboration. You call the EU elitist and dictatorial, so I have to ask yet again - since YOU made the comparison - what do you think is more likely to happen: an EU state leaving the union or a US state leaving its union?

The answer is relevant because you are talking about participation. Participation for whom? For the people. And the people elect representatives either directly (US) or via parties (Sweden for example). These people have votes in parliaments and also in the EU.

So yeah, we can criticize the EU structure for VERY good reason, but at the end of the day there are plenty of exceptions for the individual member states (sovereignty) and a very real ability to leave the union (sovereignty again).

Comment

• radomu
      radomu commented
      Editing a comment

Sloppy Santa wrote:

radomu wrote:

It is no coincidence that the European continent has produced, in the past couple of decades, leaders and politicians of the lowest quality in the world. Silvio Berlusconi, Jacque Chirac, Nicola Sarkozy, Barrosso, Jose Luis Zapatero, Mariano Rajoy, George Papanderou, Anders Fogh Rassmussen, Angela Merkel, Gerhard Schroeder, Goran Persson, Alexander Stubb, David Cameron, George Osbourne, and of course, Tony Blair.

There, that's how far I got in your OP before I encountered something of "value" worth responding to. So, Goran Persson who has been retired for 7 years now, is a politician of the lowest quality in the world? So if we compare him to Ahmadinejad or Netanyahu or someone they're at least on par?

radomu wrote:

The list goes on and on of scums of the earth that are in high-ranking political positions in this continent, basically nothing but slaves to big capital. Much of these people should be in jail right now.

Ok, fine. High-ranking politicians in Europe are slave to big capital. Now let's put that in perspective to the rest of the world (the premise of your thread, right?): Bad? Yes. Worst? Hardly.

radomu wrote:

Don't even get me started on the political superstructure of the EU. It's so elitist and dictatorial, that it makes the United States look like a participatory democracy.

Here is a direct comparison between the United States, i.e. states that are united in a federation, and the EU, which is an organization of states that are united in a collaboration. You call the EU elitist and dictatorial, so I have to ask yet again - since YOU made the comparison - what do you think is more likely to happen: an EU state leaving the union or a US state leaving its union?

The answer is relevant because you are talking about participation. Participation for whom? For the people. And the people elect representatives either directly (US) or via parties (Sweden for example). These people have votes in parliaments and also in the EU.

So yeah, we can criticize the EU structure for VERY good reason, but at the end of the day there are plenty of exceptions for the individual member states (sovereignty) and a very real ability to leave the union (sovereignty again).

Dude, read your own post and reflect it to the criticism that I already made to your debating technique. You're not making a rebuttal. You're again bombarding me with questions because you want to opportunistically take this to a specific direction. Make a point as a response, rather than condescendingly demanding that I clarify my points according to your choice of attacking sections of my argument.

Try again.

Working...
X