Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Europe have the worst political culture (surpassing, US, Japan, etc.)???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does Europe have the worst political culture (surpassing, US, Japan, etc.)???

    One thing that you take notice of when you live on this continent for too long is that Europeans love to laugh about Americans, especially their political culture. This reached a peak during the Republican primaries last year, when literally all of my continental friends were observing the discourse of that part with shock and awe. And these surprises are actually justified because everyone from Rick Santorum to Ron Paul in these debates were saying the most out-of-the-world bull**************** that everyone with a conscience would find objectionable.

    However, it seems that since the Greek crisis begun, the fatal flaws in European politics have been exposed to the entire world. I believe it is correct to assume that the rest of the world is laughing at this continent as it deals with this crisis. You have on one hanh people like Angela Merkel, Jose Manuel Barrosso, and Herman Van Rompuy looking at each other in utter confusion at why the Greek crisis is getting worse as they continue to throw more structural adjustment-attatched bailouts at that country. On the other hand, it is now taken for granted for most of the population that the rest of Europe is somehow "helping" Southern Europe with these packages, which is an absurd superstition that contradicts with the most mainstream news coverage of societies like Spain literally being ripped apart by budget cuts.

    It is no coincidence that the European continent has produced, in the past couple of decades, leaders and politicians of the lowest quality in the world. Silvio Berlusconi, Jacque Chirac, Nicola Sarkozy, Barrosso, Jose Luis Zapatero, Mariano Rajoy, George Papanderou, Anders Fogh Rassmussen, Angela Merkel, Gerhard Schroeder, Goran Persson, Alexander Stubb, David Cameron, George Osbourne, and of course, Tony Blair. The list goes on and on of scums of the earth that are in high-ranking political positions in this continent, basically nothing but slaves to big capital. Much of these people should be in jail right now. I can easily name several politicians in the U.S. that are noteworthy, but there are virtually none in Europe.

    Don't even get me started on the political superstructure of the EU. It's so elitist and dictatorial, that it makes the United States look like a participatory democracy.

    What does America think of this old continent that is falling apart as we speak?

    Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky


    Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

  • #2

    In Europe the "Class Politique" as we call it, are over payed folks who talk.

     

     

     

    Comment


    • #3

      radomu wrote:

      One thing that you take notice of when you live on this continent for too long is that Europeans love to laugh about Americans, especially their political culture. This reached a peak during the Republican primaries last year, when literally all of my continental friends were observing the discourse of that part with shock and awe. And these surprises are actually justified because everyone from Rick Santorum to Ron Paul in these debates were saying the most out-of-the-world bull**************** that everyone with a conscience would find objectionable.

      However, it seems that since the Greek crisis begun, the fatal flaws in European politics have been exposed to the entire world. I believe it is correct to assume that the rest of the world is laughing at this continent as it deals with this crisis. You have on one hanh people like Angela Merkel, Jose Manuel Barrosso, and Herman Van Rompuy looking at each other in utter confusion at why the Greek crisis is getting worse as they continue to throw more structural adjustment-attatched bailouts at that country. On the other hand, it is now taken for granted for most of the population that the rest of Europe is somehow "helping" Southern Europe with these packages, which is an absurd superstition that contradicts with the most mainstream news coverage of societies like Spain literally being ripped apart by budget cuts.

      It is no coincidence that the European continent has produced, in the past couple of decades, leaders and politicians of the lowest quality in the world. Silvio Berlusconi, Jacque Chirac, Nicola Sarkozy, Barrosso, Jose Luis Zapatero, Mariano Rajoy, George Papanderou, Anders Fogh Rassmussen, Angela Merkel, Gerhard Schroeder, Goran Persson, Alexander Stubb, David Cameron, George Osbourne, and of course, Tony Blair. The list goes on and on of scums of the earth that are in high-ranking political positions in this continent, basically nothing but slaves to big capital. Much of these people should be in jail right now. I can easily name several politicians in the U.S. that are noteworthy, but there are virtually none in Europe.

      Don't even get me started on the political superstructure of the EU. It's so elitist and dictatorial, that it makes the United States look like a participatory democracy.

      What does America think of this old continent that is falling apart as we speak?


       

      I think the above is about 75% inaccurate nonsense. Do you want to hear a more detailed account or are you just 'venting'?

      Comment


      • Jack Walker
        Jack Walker commented
        Editing a comment

        Sloppy Santa wrote:

        radomu wrote:

        One thing that you take notice of when you live on this continent for too long is that Europeans love to laugh about Americans, especially their political culture. This reached a peak during the Republican primaries last year, when literally all of my continental friends were observing the discourse of that part with shock and awe. And these surprises are actually justified because everyone from Rick Santorum to Ron Paul in these debates were saying the most out-of-the-world bull**************** that everyone with a conscience would find objectionable.

        However, it seems that since the Greek crisis begun, the fatal flaws in European politics have been exposed to the entire world. I believe it is correct to assume that the rest of the world is laughing at this continent as it deals with this crisis. You have on one hanh people like Angela Merkel, Jose Manuel Barrosso, and Herman Van Rompuy looking at each other in utter confusion at why the Greek crisis is getting worse as they continue to throw more structural adjustment-attatched bailouts at that country. On the other hand, it is now taken for granted for most of the population that the rest of Europe is somehow "helping" Southern Europe with these packages, which is an absurd superstition that contradicts with the most mainstream news coverage of societies like Spain literally being ripped apart by budget cuts.

        It is no coincidence that the European continent has produced, in the past couple of decades, leaders and politicians of the lowest quality in the world. Silvio Berlusconi, Jacque Chirac, Nicola Sarkozy, Barrosso, Jose Luis Zapatero, Mariano Rajoy, George Papanderou, Anders Fogh Rassmussen, Angela Merkel, Gerhard Schroeder, Goran Persson, Alexander Stubb, David Cameron, George Osbourne, and of course, Tony Blair. The list goes on and on of scums of the earth that are in high-ranking political positions in this continent, basically nothing but slaves to big capital. Much of these people should be in jail right now. I can easily name several politicians in the U.S. that are noteworthy, but there are virtually none in Europe.

        Don't even get me started on the political superstructure of the EU. It's so elitist and dictatorial, that it makes the United States look like a participatory democracy.

        What does America think of this old continent that is falling apart as we speak?


         

        I think the above is about 75% inaccurate nonsense. Do you want to hear a more detailed account or are you just 'venting'?


        Bull****************. He's hit the nail on the head but feel free to move to Greece and straighten them out.


      • radomu
        radomu commented
        Editing a comment

        Sloppy Santa wrote:

        radomu wrote:

        One thing that you take notice of when you live on this continent for too long is that Europeans love to laugh about Americans, especially their political culture. This reached a peak during the Republican primaries last year, when literally all of my continental friends were observing the discourse of that part with shock and awe. And these surprises are actually justified because everyone from Rick Santorum to Ron Paul in these debates were saying the most out-of-the-world bull**************** that everyone with a conscience would find objectionable.

        However, it seems that since the Greek crisis begun, the fatal flaws in European politics have been exposed to the entire world. I believe it is correct to assume that the rest of the world is laughing at this continent as it deals with this crisis. You have on one hanh people like Angela Merkel, Jose Manuel Barrosso, and Herman Van Rompuy looking at each other in utter confusion at why the Greek crisis is getting worse as they continue to throw more structural adjustment-attatched bailouts at that country. On the other hand, it is now taken for granted for most of the population that the rest of Europe is somehow "helping" Southern Europe with these packages, which is an absurd superstition that contradicts with the most mainstream news coverage of societies like Spain literally being ripped apart by budget cuts.

        It is no coincidence that the European continent has produced, in the past couple of decades, leaders and politicians of the lowest quality in the world. Silvio Berlusconi, Jacque Chirac, Nicola Sarkozy, Barrosso, Jose Luis Zapatero, Mariano Rajoy, George Papanderou, Anders Fogh Rassmussen, Angela Merkel, Gerhard Schroeder, Goran Persson, Alexander Stubb, David Cameron, George Osbourne, and of course, Tony Blair. The list goes on and on of scums of the earth that are in high-ranking political positions in this continent, basically nothing but slaves to big capital. Much of these people should be in jail right now. I can easily name several politicians in the U.S. that are noteworthy, but there are virtually none in Europe.

        Don't even get me started on the political superstructure of the EU. It's so elitist and dictatorial, that it makes the United States look like a participatory democracy.

        What does America think of this old continent that is falling apart as we speak?


         

        I think the above is about 75% inaccurate nonsense. Do you want to hear a more detailed account or are you just 'venting'?


        It's merely my opinion, and not a serious political observation. But the point I made, I believe, is correct: European politics is in a load of mess. The elitist structure of the Union is also studied in detail by many political scientists, especially from the department of my university.

        What's been happening in the past few years here is basically pure insanity, with the need to recapitalise German, French, and other major banks by destroying the social contract in many of these victim nations in the South.


    • #4

      The food culture is much better,,,

      Comment


      • radomu
        radomu commented
        Editing a comment

        Zig al-din wrote:

        The food culture is much better,,,


        This is mostly true, especially in the South. But come visit Britain sometime, see if you enjoy the food here...


      • Rudolf von Hagenwil
        Editing a comment

        Zig al-din wrote:

        The food culture is much better,,,


         

        well, my Chinese partner was here for three months, the food was never as good before, and 58 years of making tea wrong, now I know what tea is

        but I must also say the tea she brought from China is not available here, those little chi chi gaga tea shops all over the place are all morons who sell us 5th grade qualiy

        btw, she eats now everything, including cheese, before she was never eating cheese or chocolate


    • #5
      I concede to the role that the EU played in pacifying the continent, but arguably I believe nuclear weapons played the bigger role. Now that much of the major European countries have the capacity to build a nuke, going to war with each other means annihilation. Why do you think France invested in nuclear proliferation right after the war? To keep Germany in check.

      Either way this doesn't seem to justify it's positivity, especially now.
      Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky


      Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

      Comment


      • fatback
        fatback commented
        Editing a comment

        radomu wrote:
        I concede to the role that the EU played in pacifying the continent, but arguably I believe nuclear weapons played the bigger role. Now that much of the major European countries have the capacity to build a nuke, going to war with each other means annihilation. Why do you think France invested in nuclear proliferation right after the war? To keep Germany in check.

        Either way this doesn't seem to justify it's positivity, especially now.

        The same reason the UK did - to try to keep its seat at the top table.    When that failed it was time to join the EEC/EU.   It is the only way the relatively small nations (in terms of population and market size)  of Europe can compete economically with continental sized countries.   Its the classic play between sovereignty and autonomy that needs to be negotiated now.  

        Phil.  


      • Sloppy Santa
        Sloppy Santa commented
        Editing a comment

        radomu wrote:
        I concede to the role that the EU played in pacifying the continent, but arguably I believe nuclear weapons played the bigger role. Now that much of the major European countries have the capacity to build a nuke, going to war with each other means annihilation. Why do you think France invested in nuclear proliferation right after the war? To keep Germany in check.

        Either way this doesn't seem to justify it's positivity, especially now.

        Yeah, that applies to France and Britain, but it doesn't apply to smaller nations. Most of western and northern Europe has been pretty peaceful and would have been without the nuke. It's different for the east however and one could certainly make the argument that the desire of those nations to join the EU will prevent them from becoming hostile. And they don't all have to join, it'll suffice that one out of two "enemies" join and the one outside would face EU as a whole should a conflict arise.


    • #6

      I simply think that too much money was spent by people who didn't have it. 

       

      We have the same problem here.

      Boo

      Comment


      • Rudolf von Hagenwil
        Editing a comment

        Disemboweler wrote:

        I simply think that too much money was spent by people who didn't have it. 

         

        We have the same problem here.


         

         yup, all bankupt around us, but their pensions and  incentives are secured, only the pension of the folks who do not work for the state disappeared somewhere between London, Frankfurt and Wallstreet

         

        now they want that we pay their depth, and our politician actually do this nonsense,

        a few  weeks ago some 3 billion transferred to Britain, 2 billion to Hungary, the French start to tax French people which live since decades abroad, the Germans don't want our money, they want to march in as usual, the Italians made the third tax amnesty in a few years, some


    • #7
      In terms of smaller, or poorer countries, they have been coerced into this union. The former Yugoslavia, while still not part of the EU, had to be slaughtered into wholesale privatization of its public domains. There is much evidence to believe that this union benefits those who have a greater financial and an industrial base than countries in the south and east of Europe, who have to pay their way out of their trade deficits and have their ability to develop any competitive industry trumped.

      At this point if you ignore the fundamental structural flaws of the EU, which is built on the Washington consensus, you are no leftist. The European Union and the Euro zone is a radically probusiness right wing institution.
      Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky


      Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

      Comment


      • Rudolf von Hagenwil
        Editing a comment

        radomu wrote:
        In terms of smaller, or poorer countries, they have been coerced into this union. The former Yugoslavia, while still not part of the EU, had to be slaughtered into wholesale privatization of its public domains. There is much evidence to believe that this union benefits those who have a greater financial and an industrial base than countries in the south and east of Europe, who have to pay their way out of their trade deficits and have their ability to develop any competitive industry trumped.

        At this point if you ignore the fundamental structural flaws of the EU, which is built on the Washington consensus, you are no leftist. The European Union and the Euro zone is a radically probusiness right wing institution.

         

        Do you copy&paste this nonsense from a Japanese news paper?


    • #8

      politics in Japan

       

      Comment


      • #9

        Does Europe have the worst political culture (surpassing, US, Japan, etc.)???

         

        I'd probably go with places like N. Korea as having the worst political culture

        Comment


        • #10
          I believe that the greatest threat to Europeans now is the extreme centre much more so than the far left or the far right. I don't endorse the immigration views of these far rightist but they are correct in their scepticism of the EU, especially the True Finns or UKIP. One cannot possibly defend the status quo when the south island being ripped apart as we speak by imposed austerity.

          Electorally or otherwise, the exclusion of those "extreme" parties are undeniable. The fact that they might think have racist members must not count under democratic principles, especially when they're precisely being excluded for their opposition to neoliberalism.
          Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky


          Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

          Comment


          • Sloppy Santa
            Sloppy Santa commented
            Editing a comment

            radomu wrote:
            I believe that the greatest threat to Europeans now is the extreme centre much more so than the far left or the far right.

            Christ man. Do you really think about what you write? Sorry, but you're really not understanding what's going on as much as you may want to make it seem you do.

             

            The greatest threat to Europe has been war, and the last war was started by political ideologies like the ones of the parties you now imply are the only potential saviours of Europe! U srs? The Quasi-Nazis that almost destroyed the whole ****************ing planet are now the solution to Europe's neoliberal problem? Holy **************** is that not learning from history!

             

            And "extreme centre"? How is that not an oxymoron?

             


            radomu wrote:

            Electorally or otherwise, the exclusion of those "extreme" parties are undeniable.


            So what? It's not only extreme parties that are "excluded", but also "moderate" ones. The issue is mostly about party size, not issue. And they're not "excluded" in Sweden, they're just marginal untile they're not at which point they're included, like the Swedish Democrats are now.

             


            radomu wrote:

            The fact that they might think have racist members must not count under democratic principles, especially when they're precisely being excluded for their opposition to neoliberalism.


            They're operating under the same democratic principles as all other parties. Their racist opinions don't disqualify them for participation, they can participate. I already told you. Are you paying attention?

             

            As for their opposition to "neoliberalism", how about you root for the "extreme left" instead then? Equally opposed to the EU and "neoliberalism" but minus the xenophobia.

             

            You really sound like you have no clue right now.


          • Rudolf von Hagenwil
            Editing a comment

            radomu wrote:
            I believe that the greatest threat to Europeans now is the extreme centre much more so than the far left or the far right. I don't endorse the immigration views of these far rightist but they are correct in their scepticism of the EU, especially the True Finns or UKIP. One cannot possibly defend the status quo when the south island being ripped apart as we speak by imposed austerity.

            Electorally or otherwise, the exclusion of those "extreme" parties are undeniable. The fact that they might think have racist members must not count under democratic principles, especially when they're precisely being excluded for their opposition to neoliberalism.

             

            OMG, radomu is a real gromeral, and facist sympathizer,

            he really believes that racist , facist and black shirt backward

            who burn down immigrant asylums should be in the parliament

            n a democratic country

             

            HAHAHAHAHA, mama mia,

            we should drop that almond eye over Finland,

            and see what they do with this funny Japanese,

            what they do to Africans may be total harmless in comparison


        • #11
          Sloppy Santander, you're putting words in my mouth and you have completely misrepresented what I said. I do not, as I repeat, endorse the far right in their ideology of anti immigration (even if I, like most people, agree with a reasonable degree of immigration control). My argument, based on a premises that they are virtually powerless (except for the rather scary golden dawn party, which is getting more popular due to the policies of the troika), is that they must be fairly represented in government, and this is clearly not the case in the liberal democracies of Europe. And they are essentially eurosceptic political forces, much like the far left. The difference between the SPD with Der Linke is much greater than with the Christian Democrats. What we have now in Europe is a radical degreeof commercial interests creating the extremist centre that carries out their policies, which now we are seeing that it's plunging Spain, Greece, and elsewhere into economic depression in order to recapitalise the big European banks while sustaining this pathetic economic sphere that naturally creates regional inequalities.

          The far right is Not a threat. Not even close. But as we see with the last two elections in Greece, it can get rather scarily large, as we saw correspondingly with the rise of SYRIZA as the main opposition against the "Grand coalition" of the centre left and the right, but that clearly was caused by troika. This fear mongering over the far right acts to exclude these political forces which do not endorse the status quo.
          Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky


          Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

          Comment


          • Rekel II
            Rekel II commented
            Editing a comment

            radomu wrote:
            Sloppy Santander, you're putting words in my mouth and you have completely misrepresented what I said. I do not, as I repeat, endorse the far right in their ideology of anti immigration (even if I, like most people, agree with a reasonable degree of immigration control). My argument, based on a premises that they are virtually powerless (except for the rather scary golden dawn party, which is getting more popular due to the policies of the troika), is that they must be fairly represented in government, and this is clearly not the case in the liberal democracies of Europe. And they are essentially eurosceptic political forces, much like the far left. The difference between the SPD with Der Linke is much greater than with the Christian Democrats. What we have now in Europe is a radical degreeof commercial interests creating the extremist centre that carries out their policies, which now we are seeing that it's plunging Spain, Greece, and elsewhere into economic depression in order to recapitalise the big European banks while sustaining this pathetic economic sphere that naturally creates regional inequalities.

            The far right is Not a threat. Not even close. But as we see with the last two elections in Greece, it can get rather scarily large, as we saw correspondingly with the rise of SYRIZA as the main opposition against the "Grand coalition" of the centre left and the right, but that clearly was caused by troika. This fear mongering over the far right acts to exclude these political forces which do not endorse the status quo.

             

            well... a prune has more brain then you, not a threat, he?

             

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Socialist_Underground

             

             

             

             


          • Sloppy Santa
            Sloppy Santa commented
            Editing a comment

            radomu wrote:
            My argument, based on a premises that they are virtually powerless (except for the rather scary golden dawn party, which is getting more popular due to the policies of the troika),

             

            Are you listening to what I'm telling you? Did you not read that the Swedish Democrates are in Parliament? Why do I even bother talking to you if you can't even acknowledge that?

             


            radomu wrote:
            they must be fairly represented in government,


            Why? Do you even understand how many of the European systems work? They work by having a parliament vote on a PM who then chooses a cabinet/government. Why the hell should a party have a guaranteed entry into a government? Are you on cocaine? Are you even for democracy to begin with?

             


            radomu wrote:

            The far right is Not a threat. Not even close. But as we see with the last two elections in Greece, it can get rather scarily large,


            Wait? What are you saying now? First you say they're not a threat. So fine, they're not a "threat". But you want them to have political influence, right? So isn't that exactly what they'd need to be a "threat"? Isn't that what you're advocating? And then you say they "can get rather scarily large"... So what are you looking for; large or not?

             


            radomu wrote:
             This fear mongering over the far right acts to exclude these political forces which do not endorse the status quo.


            Yeah, the "fear mongering" has that effect. But what do you suggest then? Do you suggest that the anti-racist anti-xenophobic parties say nothing about these extreme parties' policies just because, well, it ends up "excluding" them? What other issues should be "immune" to criticism?


        • #12
          What I find as the primary problem in Europe now is the laughably stupid structural injustices of the EU, sustained by what I call the extreme centre in both the EU level and the national levels. This is even before considering the pathetically antidemocratic nature of the EU, including the unaccounted ECB, the unelected bodies like the Commission, and the capacity for more advanced economies to dictate the domestic affairs of the periphery to the degree of virtual economic strangulation. The EU essentially is a continent wide revival of the old imperialism led by big capital.
          Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky


          Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

          Comment


          • Rudolf von Hagenwil
            Editing a comment

            radomu wrote:
            What I find as the primary problem in Europe now is the laughably stupid structural injustices of the EU, sustained by what I call the extreme centre in both the EU level and the national levels. This is even before considering the pathetically antidemocratic nature of the EU, including the unaccounted ECB, the unelected bodies like the Commission, and the capacity for more advanced economies to dictate the domestic affairs of the periphery to the degree of virtual economic strangulation. The EU essentially is a continent wide revival of the old imperialism led by big capital.

             

            Hahahaha, that **************** is so funny,

            I should publish that in Europe


        • #13
          Rekel. Obviously I don't endorse that, but that's even dumber than arguing that Palestinian terror campaigns are on par with Israeli state terrorism. It's the analogy of the pirate and the empire. What is being carried out by the current establishment politics of Europe is an abhorrent crime where entire nations are plunging into poverty.

          In this debate, the far right (varying between countries) is a populist output of anti neoliberalism, as is the far left, while the centre is dominated by big businesses.
          Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky


          Whenever you hear anything said very confidently, the first thing that should come to mind is, wait a minute is that true?

          Comment


          • fatback
            fatback commented
            Editing a comment

            radomu wrote:
            Rekel. Obviously I don't endorse that, but that's even dumber than arguing that Palestinian terror campaigns are on par with Israeli state terrorism. It's the analogy of the pirate and the empire. What is being carried out by the current establishment politics of Europe is an abhorrent crime where entire nations are plunging into poverty.

            In this debate, the far right (varying between countries) is a populist output of anti neoliberalism, as is the far left, while the centre is dominated by big businesses.

            Radomu

            Everybody has a 'populist' agenda until they are elected - then they come to accomodate big business.  I suspect that big business would far rather be able to come to some accomodation to the right rather than having to do so with the centre.  Business would far rather see their oppostion politically oppressed rather than having to use the welfare to buy off their opponents as they have to do in the social democracies.

            Is it the uniforms you like

            Phil


        • #14

          radomu wrote:

          One thing that you take notice of when you live on this continent for too long is that Europeans love to laugh about Americans, especially their political culture. This reached a peak during the Republican primaries last year, when literally all of my continental friends were observing the discourse of that part with shock and awe. And these surprises are actually justified because everyone from Rick Santorum to Ron Paul in these debates were saying the most out-of-the-world bull**************** that everyone with a conscience would find objectionable.

          However, it seems that since the Greek crisis begun, the fatal flaws in European politics have been exposed to the entire world. I believe it is correct to assume that the rest of the world is laughing at this continent as it deals with this crisis. You have on one hanh people like Angela Merkel, Jose Manuel Barrosso, and Herman Van Rompuy looking at each other in utter confusion at why the Greek crisis is getting worse as they continue to throw more structural adjustment-attatched bailouts at that country. On the other hand, it is now taken for granted for most of the population that the rest of Europe is somehow "helping" Southern Europe with these packages, which is an absurd superstition that contradicts with the most mainstream news coverage of societies like Spain literally being ripped apart by budget cuts.

          It is no coincidence that the European continent has produced, in the past couple of decades, leaders and politicians of the lowest quality in the world. Silvio Berlusconi, Jacque Chirac, Nicola Sarkozy, Barrosso, Jose Luis Zapatero, Mariano Rajoy, George Papanderou, Anders Fogh Rassmussen, Angela Merkel, Gerhard Schroeder, Goran Persson, Alexander Stubb, David Cameron, George Osbourne, and of course, Tony Blair. The list goes on and on of scums of the earth that are in high-ranking political positions in this continent, basically nothing but slaves to big capital. Much of these people should be in jail right now. I can easily name several politicians in the U.S. that are noteworthy, but there are virtually none in Europe.

          Don't even get me started on the political superstructure of the EU. It's so elitist and dictatorial, that it makes the United States look like a participatory democracy.

          What does America think of this old continent that is falling apart as we speak?


          http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465


          TWO TERMS BITCHES! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

          Comment


          • Rudolf von Hagenwil
            Editing a comment

            The American who have the saying think only this:

             

            - Italy is falling apart since 3000 years and is still there.

            - Why do those European mofos have a bigger GPD, and more export to Asia then we do.

             

            radomu wrote:

            What does America think of this old continent that is falling apart as we speak?





        • #15

          radomu wrote:

          One thing that you take notice of when you live on this continent for too long is that Europeans love to laugh about Americans, especially their political culture. This reached a peak during the Republican primaries last year, when literally all of my continental friends were observing the discourse of that part with shock and awe. And these surprises are actually justified because everyone from Rick Santorum to Ron Paul in these debates were saying the most out-of-the-world bull**************** that everyone with a conscience would find objectionable.

          However, it seems that since the Greek crisis begun, the fatal flaws in European politics have been exposed to the entire world. I believe it is correct to assume that the rest of the world is laughing at this continent as it deals with this crisis.

          I'm not laughing.  I don't know that it's a conservative thing to make yourself feel bigger by laughing at other people's mistakes.  We prefer to feel smart by doing successful things.

          I just don't want to follow the EU path.  Arithmetic is arithmetic, and socialism has to lower the average wealth of a people, so we conservatives don't want to impoverish ourselves.  Seems like a dumb thing to do, we think.

          Comment


          • radomu
            radomu commented
            Editing a comment

            Used2BMarkoh wrote:

            radomu wrote:

            One thing that you take notice of when you live on this continent for too long is that Europeans love to laugh about Americans, especially their political culture. This reached a peak during the Republican primaries last year, when literally all of my continental friends were observing the discourse of that part with shock and awe. And these surprises are actually justified because everyone from Rick Santorum to Ron Paul in these debates were saying the most out-of-the-world bull**************** that everyone with a conscience would find objectionable.

            However, it seems that since the Greek crisis begun, the fatal flaws in European politics have been exposed to the entire world. I believe it is correct to assume that the rest of the world is laughing at this continent as it deals with this crisis.

            I'm not laughing.  I don't know that it's a conservative thing to make yourself feel bigger by laughing at other people's mistakes.  We prefer to feel smart by doing successful things.

            I just don't want to follow the EU path.  Arithmetic is arithmetic, and socialism has to lower the average wealth of a people, so we conservatives don't want to impoverish ourselves.  Seems like a dumb thing to do, we think.


            Based on what idea do you come to the conclusion that the EU is "socialist"???



        Working...
        X