Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado school bars transgendered 1st-grader from using girls' restroom.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Colorado school bars transgendered 1st-grader from using girls' restroom.

    (CNN) -- Just like she did during the first half of the school year, first grader Coy Mathis wants to use the girls' restroom at her Colorado elementary school. But school officials won't let her.

    The reason? Coy is transgendered, born with male sex organs but a child who identifies herself as female.

    She has dressed as a girl for most of last year. And her passport and state-issued identification recognize her as female.

    In December, the Fountain-Fort Carson School District informed Coy's parents that Coy would be barred from using the girls' restrooms at Eagleside Elementary in Fountain after winter break.

    Transgender kids: Painful quest to be who they are

    She could instead use the boys' bathroom, gender-neutral faculty bathrooms or the nurse's bathroom, the district said.

     

     

     

     

    In making the decision, the district "took into account not only Coy but other students in the building, their parents, and the future impact a boy with male genitals using a girls' bathroom would have as Coy grew older," attorney W. Kelly Dude said.

    "However, I'm certain you can appreciate that as Coy grows older and his male genitals develop along with the rest of his body, at least some parents and students are likely to become uncomfortable with his continued use of the girls' restroom."

    Coy's parents see it differently.

    By forcing Coy to use a different bathroom than all the other girls, the school is "targeting her for stigma, bullying and harassment," Michael Silverman, one of Coy's lawyers and the executive director of the Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund, said.

    "Coy's school has the opportunity to turn this around and teach Coy's classmates a valuable lesson about friendship, respect and basic fairness."

    On Wednesday, Coy's parents will announce that they will file a complaint with the Colorado Civil Rights Division.

    Being transgender no longer a mental 'disorder' in diagnostic manual

     

    Brother......

    _________________________________________

    “True unalienable rights do not require one to trample other unalienable rights.”
    ―J.S.B. Morse

  • #2

    I see a girl every day walk to school and she is dressed in a boys school uniform. I feel sorry for her, she looks so sad. I often smile to her and say ?????????and she smiles back. I often wonder about her.

    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a look at the American Indian" — Henry Ford

    Comment


    • #3

      quickie1 wrote:

      (CNN) -- Just like she did during the first half of the school year, first grader Coy Mathis wants to use the girls' restroom at her Colorado elementary school. But school officials won't let her.

      The reason? Coy is transgendered, born with male sex organs but a child who identifies herself as female.



      Don't you think six years old is a bit young for a sex change operation.  Which really stupid parents idea was this? Some ultra liberal that needs to see a shrink?

      Comment


      • RogueGnome
        RogueGnome commented
        Editing a comment

        normh wrote:

        quickie1 wrote:

        (CNN) -- Just like she did during the first half of the school year, first grader Coy Mathis wants to use the girls' restroom at her Colorado elementary school. But school officials won't let her.

        The reason? Coy is transgendered, born with male sex organs but a child who identifies herself as female.



        Don't you think six years old is a bit young for a sex change operation.  Which really stupid parents idea was this? Some ultra liberal that needs to see a shrink?


        I missed that part where it says Coy had a sex change operation.

        Only the ultra conservatives can read that part of the story, I guess.


    • #4

      How ridiculous.  A little six-year-old fvcker knows that he's really a girl and not a boy?  Nothing to do with his 'enlightened' parents.

      "Duh.  That boy should be allowed in the toddler girl's room because he says he a girl and it hurts his self esteem!"  

      Some of you liberals are completely wacked out idiots...

       

       

      Comment


      • #5

        I'm a bit hung up on the idea that a six year old has the ability to determine he or she has a different gender identity than the genetics of his or her body dictate.  I certainly understand that people past the age of reason come to this conclusion and choose to live as their identified gender.  But a six year old? 

        That sounds like a nurtured response, not nature.


        Current global warming temperature trend: 0.05ºC per decade, plus or minus 0.1ºC (source: UN IPCC AR5) ...Yes, the error rate is higher than the estimated rate of change.

        "Anthropogenic global warming is a proposed theory whose basic mechanism is well understood, but whose magnitude is highly uncertain. The growing evidence that climate models are too sensitive to CO2 has implications for the attribution of late-20th-century warming and projections of 21st-century climate. If the recent warming hiatus is caused by natural variability, then this raises the question as to what extent the warming between 1975 and 2000 can also be explained by natural climate variability." --Dr. Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

        Comment


        • John Ellis
          John Ellis commented
          Editing a comment

            This kid needs to be taken from his ****************ed up family and put in some kind of treatment program.

           Someone is raping this kid


        • Kreatorkind
          Kreatorkind commented
          Editing a comment

          rbstern wrote:

          I'm a bit hung up on the idea that a six year old has the ability to determine he or she has a different gender identity than the genetics of his or her body dictate.  I certainly understand that people past the age of reason come to this conclusion and choose to live as their identified gender.  But a six year old? 

          That sounds like a nurtured response, not nature.



        • Sloppy Santa
          Sloppy Santa commented
          Editing a comment

          rbstern wrote:

          I'm a bit hung up on the idea that a six year old has the ability to determine he or she has a different gender identity than the genetics of his or her body dictate.  I certainly understand that people past the age of reason come to this conclusion and choose to live as their identified gender.  But a six year old? 

          That sounds like a nurtured response, not nature.


          I disagree that it sounds like a nurtured response. I don't think we have a clue as to which it is. But I find it entirely plausible that a child at that age has a "sense" of what they are.

           

          I do however agree that it'd be a bit too early to do surgery. Though I admit I don't know what the medical implications are of the timing of the procedure.



      Working...
      X