Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Jobs Suicide

He had early detection of the situation, but refused the cut it out surgery, early on. He did all these esoteric, strange herb and natural compounds that didn't work. There was no indication that they were working, but he kept it up. He finally agreed to surgery, but everyone including him knew it was too late.

He's one of the greatest icons in the last 100 years. He had that legacy and maybe he wanted to preserve that. If Apple some how failed, that would be his legacy. He wanted to be a significant person in history as greatness.

Hmmm....Not quite a conspiracy theory, but close enough.

Comment

He might have been good at business, but dying with $6,000,000,000 in the bank with the current "state of the art" medical technology untried is ****************ing stupid.

Comment

• John Ellis
        John Ellis commented
        Editing a comment

From what I've been told and what I've seen, pancreatic is one of the most painful of the bunch.

Stonedtone wrote:

He's one of the greatest icons in the last 100 years. He had that legacy and maybe he wanted to preserve that. If Apple some how failed, that would be his legacy. He wanted to be a significant person in history as greatness.

Meh. Seemed a bit of a prick to me. He was a great salesman, I'll give him that, but the idea that he created these things is bunk. 

MOTGLHC

"We're the 1% that don't fit in and don't care."

Malcom McLaren 1977

Comment

• Another Brick
        Another Brick commented
        Editing a comment

My Note II has that gorgeous big screen and useful stylus.

Now if only somebody can show me how to operate the damn thing.

Stonedtone wrote:

He had early detection of the situation, but refused the cut it out surgery, early on. He did all these esoteric, strange herb and natural compounds that didn't work. There was no indication that they were working, but he kept it up. He finally agreed to surgery, but everyone including him knew it was too late.

I was under the impression that Jobs did all that he could to cure himself.

He paid money and went to a different state in order to get a liver transplant sooner than a 'normal' person would have received one.  Supposedly, his MELD score or something wasn't high enough to move him up the list in California.

That doesn't sound like someone who was subconciously attempting to commit suicide...

Comment

• rbstern
        rbstern commented
        Editing a comment

I'm sure Steve Jobs got good advice from highly qualified MDs.  His entire life was devoted to doing things a bit differently than others.  The fact is, he had an extremely lethal illness. Perhaps he tried a non-prescribed approach in a hopeless situation.  He still lived a fairly long time, given the severity of his disease.

A friend of mine has stage 4 ovarian cancer.  The surgeons did so much damage to her getting the cancer out, her quality of life is drastically diminished, and she's already decided that if the cancer recurs, she won't go under the knife again. Perhaps that was the kind of diagnosis Jobs was facing.  We don't know exactly what his situaton was, so we can't hope to understand his choices.

Meh. Seemed a bit of a prick to me. He was a great salesman, I'll give him that, but the idea that he created these things is bunk.

Gotta disagree with you, Ed. He was a visionary in many ways. He saw unrealized potential in many different things (typography, ease of us, innovative form as a driver of good functionality), and was very good at harnessing people to make that potential reality. Was he laudable in every way? Hell, no. But he would make my top-ten list of giants in the founding era of computing.  And consider my opinion while knowing that I have never owned an Apple product.

Working...
    X