Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prominent Republicans support gay marriage equality.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prominent Republicans support gay marriage equality.

It appears that many prominent Republicans have seen the light and have spoken in support of GLBT marriage equality. This will separate the GOP from TEAparty extremists and focus the spotlight on the so-called libertarian TEAparty platform that is not libertarian.

A new effort by a large group of influential Republican luminaries to champion same sex marriage represents a breakthrough for the party and the cause.

At least 75 current and former Republican officials and intellectuals have signed on to a draft legal brief calling on the Supreme Court to overturn California

Originally Posted by Papa Grizzly

Auntie Em just piddled her knickers.

Originally Posted by 55gibby

It's OK that you're a dumbass... but it's not OK that you're boring. If you're going to be stupid, a least be funny

Originally Posted by Hoddy

First off, I'm not Hoddy, and secondly as far as groveling is concerned, probably about as much as Johnny66 or Daddysguitar did when they were banned.

the teaparty is organizing against them in their primaries as we speak.

i love the teaparty, best thing to happen to the dems since Clinton.

MY BUILD THREADSCedar/Aspen Les Paul, Les Paul Build #2MY REFINISH THREADSWater Drop Dean VX, Grizzly Samba Firefly Kit, Kramer Frankenstrat'73 LP Custom, '04 LP Goldtop Classic, Marshall TSL122good transactions: RUExp?, JJPistols, Nevermind, OldFenderGuy. OsirisProtocol, twisty571, chemten, cavpilot, rwe416, tomr63, MaddogBob, danhauk, Mike Fiasco, Talic, Offthiscentury & iplayanesp

Comment

• savoldi
      savoldi commented
      Editing a comment

They're just a bit late to the party, but it's about time.

• newbie chick
      newbie chick commented
      Editing a comment

GuitarNoobie wrote:

the teaparty is organizing against them in their primaries as we speak.

i love the teaparty, best thing to happen to the dems since Clinton.

I cant wait for the TEAparty response.  They have spent 30 years trying to repeal Roe v. Wade the the majority now support and they will soon spend another 20 years trying to repeal GLBT marriage equality. It is amusing to watch them defend the traditional family (homophobic) values of both the Boy Scouts and the Catholic church that shelter pedophiles.

Let's take this issue to the polls in Dearborn, Michigan and see wus' up.....

What a bunch of chicks.

ELP92SD -> some pedals -> MarkIV -> Rectifier 2x12 cab

"The Bible is the rock on which this Republic rests." - Andrew Jackson

Comment

• newbie chick
      newbie chick commented
      Editing a comment

dughaze wrote:

Let's take this issue to the polls in Dearborn, Michigan and see wus' up.....

What a bunch of chicks.

Do Muslims scare you?

The civil rights of a minority aren't up for the vote of the majority, when that majority already enjoy the very same right that they seek to use the ballot box to deny to others.  That action is called tyranny of the majority and it is the reason that we have the Bill of Rights.

If you don't like gay marriage then you don't have to marry a gay person, but GLBT Americans deserve the very same right that we heteros already enjoy.

I understand that Newbie places a lot of emphasis on Huntman.  I can understand.

I live in Utah, and did at the time that Huntman was the Governor of Utah.  Huntman is not what most would consider a Republican.  He went with the Republican party because that is what he thought would get him elected in Utah.  Huntman is also far from conservative.  Huntman, by his actions as Governor of Utah, is to the left of Obama.

As Governor of Utah, Huntman quit to become an ambassador for Obama.  As Ambassador, Huntman quit.  Huntsman has a failrly long history of quitting.

Other than being an heir to the Dow Chemical/Huntman fortune, why should anyone give any credence to Huntsman?  Oh yeah, that is right, he ran for president and quit there as well.

Let us not forget the injuries in India when the Huntman chemical factory there blew up because of no safety regulations being followed.

Comment

• Hoddy
      Hoddy commented
      Editing a comment

This is a good sign.

It may be "inevitable" that state legislatures pass laws legalizing gay marriage, but as of today, when the issue had been put to voters it has always failed.

Comment

• pink freud
      pink freud commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
      It may be "inevitable" that state legislatures pass laws legalizing gay marriage, but as of today, when the issue had been put to voters it has always failed.

Yeah, that's why no state in the country allows same-sex marriage.

Oh wait...

• GuitarNoobie
      GuitarNoobie commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

lol, once SCOTUS rules on DOMA the whole country will have no choice but to recognize gay marriages.

will be a sad day for the american conservative homophobe.  the only thing that would please me more would be if every homophobe were to visited at home by a same sex couple kissing on their doorstep when they open the door, lol...............................

that would serve the stupid mother ****************ers right.  then half of them could be charged with attempted murder or murder when they opened fire on the same sex couple.

this would also help eliminate the ignorant ****************s from our society by imprisoning them.

have a nice day homophobes, you're gonna loss this battle too  

• newbie chick
      newbie chick commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

When do you plan to understand that the rights of the minority are not up for the vote of the majority when the majority already enjoy that same right? That is the essence of the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment. DOMA is unconstitutional and it will be thrown out by the Supreme Court.

Marriage was ruled to be a civil right in the Loving v. Virgina decision that legalized interracial marriage.  

That is known as tyranny of the majority or mob rule.  The US is not a pure democracy. We are a constitutional republic with a Bill of Rights that guarantees equal rights for all citizens and not just the majority.

Pink: It's not because the people voted to allow it.

Comment

so you think we can marry now, and also with the blessings of the US republican?

Comment

Pink: Congrats on finally winning one.

Comment

• sirfun
        sirfun commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
        Pink: Congrats on finally winning one.

good on ya !!

I love this place !!

Guitar: Take a pill or something.

Comment

• GuitarNoobie
        GuitarNoobie commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
        Guitar: Take a pill or something.

i prefer a natural remedy such as cannabis.

**************** big pharma and their strong hold on the american people.

Guitar: I said or something....

Comment

• GuitarNoobie
        GuitarNoobie commented
        Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
        Guitar: I said or something....

lol, my bad.

not before i go meet a few of my customers this afternoon...  but later for sure :thumb:

newbie chick wrote:

It appears that many prominent Republicans have seen the light and have spoken in support of GLBT marriage equality. This will separate the GOP from TEAparty extremists and focus the spotlight on the so-called libertarian TEAparty platform that is not libertarian.

A new effort by a large group of influential Republican luminaries to champion same sex marriage represents a breakthrough for the party and the cause.

At least 75 current and former Republican officials and intellectuals have signed on to a draft legal brief calling on the Supreme Court to overturn California

“True unalienable rights do not require one to trample other unalienable rights.”
      ―J.S.B. Morse

Comment

Working...
      X