Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doubling down on ultrasound...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Doubling down on ultrasound...

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/double-ultrasound-bill-indiana_n_2734658.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

    "I don't see how the fat lady with the dog fits in." Stonedtone

    "I usually know whats going to come out well. Im usually right." Davo17

    "Don't make me spell bitch on your ass with a backwards B." moonlight

    "He believes that when you've worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back, and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed."

  • #2

    savoldi wrote:

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/double-ultrasound-bill-indiana_n_2734658.html?utm_hp_ref=politics


    Another fine manifestation of Republicans wanting small government, and not intruding into people's lives.

    Dumbass Indiana farmers.

    This is what they do when they're not lining up for their commodity subsidies, crop insurance, and disaster relief.

    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

    Comment


    • savoldi
      savoldi commented
      Editing a comment
      Holdman, the bill's sponsor, did not return The Huffington Post's calls for comment. Sue Swayze, the legislative director of Indiana Right to Life, told local radio station WBAA that that goal of the bill is to protect women's safety and hold abortion clinics to higher health standards. She said she does not understand why it would be a problem to mandate transvaginal ultrasounds.


    • ASS MURPHY
      ASS MURPHY commented
      Editing a comment

      RogueGnome wrote:

      savoldi wrote:

      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/double-ultrasound-bill-indiana_n_2734658.html?utm_hp_ref=politics


      Another fine manifestation of Republicans wanting small government, and not intruding into people's lives.

      Dumbass Indiana farmers.

      This is what they do when they're not lining up for their commodity subsidies, crop insurance, and disaster relief.


      WTF do ultrasounds have to do with farmers or subisdies? Oh yes, NOT A GODDAMN THING, unless you're a liberal, then EVERYTHING IS CONSERVATIVE'S FAULT!!  WHINE!


  • #3

    Why are lefties so afraid of arming women with as much information as possible prior to a possibly life altering decision.

    Comment


    • RogueGnome
      RogueGnome commented
      Editing a comment

      nedezero1 wrote:

      Why are lefties so afraid of arming women with as much information as possible prior to a possibly life altering decision.


      Who is afraid?

      Did someone say that women should not be allowed access to this information?

      (I'll help you since you appear to need it.) ans: "no. no one said that".

       

      The argument is, do we jam them with this information right up their... "Ya. It's called the FEMALE'S uteral canal" whether they want it, or need it, or not.


    • mdwagner73
      mdwagner73 commented
      Editing a comment

      nedezero1 wrote:

      Why are lefties so afraid of arming women with as much information as possible prior to a possibly life altering decision.


      Why are so-called conservatives so willing to force medically unnecessary procedures and have the government intervene in something that should be between a doctor and patient? 


    • Davo17
      Davo17 commented
      Editing a comment

      nedezero1 wrote:

      Why are lefties so afraid of arming women with as much information as possible prior to a possibly life altering decision.


      Excellent point.  


  • #4
    Do any of the right leaning posters here honestly think that the proposed legislation has anything to do with women's health? It's painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that it has nothing to do with it.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

    Comment


    • John Ellis
      John Ellis commented
      Editing a comment

      LithiumZero wrote:
      Do any of the right leaning posters here honestly think that the proposed legislation has anything to do with women's health? It's painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that it has nothing to do with it.

        You don't think that confirming pregnancy or confirming that no excess bleeding after an abortion is important???????

       Holy **************** man, they might as well be using rusty coat hangers.


    • savoldi
      savoldi commented
      Editing a comment

      LithiumZero wrote:
      Do any of the right leaning posters here honestly think that the proposed legislation has anything to do with women's health? It's painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that it has nothing to do with it.

      What? This is every bit as meaningful as new voter registration laws meant to "protect" against non-existent voter fraud. And by the same bunch, no less.


  • #5
    That's not what I asked Ellis. Do you with all honesty believe that the bill is only an attempt to protect the health of women who choose to have a legal abortion?
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

    Comment


    • John Ellis
      John Ellis commented
      Editing a comment

      LithiumZero wrote:
      That's not what I asked Ellis. Do you with all honesty believe that the bill is only an attempt to protect the health of women who choose to have a legal abortion?

       

       From the prospective of those of us that are anti abortion, most certainly.

       

      But since we're taking this route, let me ask you this.

       Do you believe that pro abortionists are primarily concerned with the rights of the woman or is it just a smokescreen because of the so called burden to society? 

       


    • Davo17
      Davo17 commented
      Editing a comment

      LithiumZero wrote:
      That's not what I asked Ellis. Do you with all honesty believe that the bill is only an attempt to protect the health of women who choose to have a legal abortion?

      Its the left, with its trial lawyers that led to todays CYA lawsuit happy medical community.

      Congrats, you are why we have defensive medicine.

      And yet you want docs to suddenly get more risky here.

      GTFO.


  • #6
    Stop moving the goal post. Do you guys believe that the bill is not an attempt to prevent abortion rather than protect the health of the person choosing to have it. Stop dancing around the question
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

    Comment


    • #7
      Take your straw and and beat it if you don't want to answer the question honestly Davo
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

      Comment


      • Davo17
        Davo17 commented
        Editing a comment

        LithiumZero wrote:
        Take your straw and and beat it if you don't want to answer the question honestly Davo

        I dont have to.  I think the intent is to curtail abortions, im fine with that as long as the legal procedure is followed.

         

        I see libs trying to limit the 2nd, and many libs appear to want obama care, which imposes the govt in our  medical care, so I cant say I care what you think about it.


    • #8
      Great thanks for being honest. You could have saved yourself a whole lot of typing
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

      Comment


      • Belva
        Belva commented
        Editing a comment

        ..."refers to a specific set of services for women experiencing problems from all types of spontaneous or induced abortions.

        Hey Davo, this is from your W.H.O. link. Read the red part. Post abortive care DOES NOT  routinely require a T/V ultrasound or anything else. If a woman is experiencing problems, then it may be needed. But to try and come here and say you're God of Medicine is just you're blatant stupidity showing.

        It's plain to see that this is the gov't intruding and requiring something that is NOT needed before or after every abortion. It's obvious to anyone with half a brain, they're trying to discourage abortions. And they're trying to perform what amounts to an unlawful search in order to accomplish it.

        It should remain the attending doctor's call


    • #9
      This is exactly what the right was doing with voter ID laws too. It's politics as usual. It's the flat out dishonesty from the people that draft these bills and the willful ignorance of their supporters that really pisses me off
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

      Comment


      • savoldi
        savoldi commented
        Editing a comment

        LithiumZero wrote:
        This is exactly what the right was doing with voter ID laws too. It's politics as usual. It's the flat out dishonesty from the people that draft these bills and the willful ignorance of their supporters that really pisses me off

        CRIMINAL ignorance. Davo's lucky they dumbed down his profession enough so he could get a fat toehold.


    • #10
      No it's willful ignorance. Like I said it's painfully obvious what the agenda is. It's pretty sad that they know that if they just drafted a bill based on the actual intent that it would stand zero chance of passing and would be political suicide so they try their tired tricks to forward their agenda like we are all too ****************ing stupid to see the truth of it. It doesn't really work and only reserves them a seat at the kids table for the foreseeable future.
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

      Comment


      • Belva
        Belva commented
        Editing a comment

        Despite the advantages of transvaginal scans, its use had waited almost 20 years
        to become practical and popular in gynecological scanning. Athough the need and
        technology were there, the really practical real-time transvaginal scanning
        probe
        was not "invented" until 1985http://www.ob-ultrasound.net/history2.html

         

        Just for ****************s and grins, I looked to see when this T/V thang started. As you can see it was a long time after Roe v Wade. If it is so damn necessary to ensure a woman stays alive, how did women who had abortions prior to '85 keep from croaking?

        Still waiting for Davo to prove that this T/V thang is a medical necessity after every ****************ing abortion. C'mon Davo, let's see whatcha got. If you can't refute my claim that it isn't required after every abortion, shutcher ****************ing pie hole. And yes I read your links, dip****************.


    • #11
      If that is the case John then why the drafters of the bill not being honest about the intent?
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

      Comment


      • John Ellis
        John Ellis commented
        Editing a comment

        LithiumZero wrote:
        If that is the case John then why the drafters of the bill not being honest about the intent?

         

          How can you claim that?  How do you know that their intent does not include the safety of the woman.

         Without trying to change the topic, let's use capital punishment as an example.

         Many here think that because 1 innocent man  might die, the system is flawed. 

          Yet this procedure can and will save lives. According to that logic, 1 life is worth the effort and the cost.

         


    • #12
      It's not nice to talk about your mom like that mcdouche
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

      Comment


      • McLovin
        McLovin commented
        Editing a comment

        LithiumZero wrote:
        It's not nice to talk about your mom like that mcdouche

        u are 1 ****ing cheeky **** mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil bitch gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up coz u r sum big bastard with muscles lol ****in sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this crap ur mates sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil ****in gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer


    • #13
      Davo you already admitted that you believe that the bill is an anti abortion measure and not about women's health. Give it up tubby
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

      Comment


      • #14
        Mcdouche is neither clever nor funny. Derp!
        "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

        Comment


        • McLovin
          McLovin commented
          Editing a comment

          LithiumZero wrote:
          Mcdouche is neither clever nor funny. Derp!

          Dude, i'm gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks fcking pathetic and digusting compared to my meal. and I'm being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont cook sht that was perviously in cans. you're a fuking joke dude, and im dead fuking serious. gert areal family that cooks good food, drinks beer and wine and winecoolers and has a good fuking time, and has a milliondollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont eever potst your fuking poverty dinner on these forums ever the fuk again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fuking phaggot.


        • thankyou
          thankyou commented
          Editing a comment

          LithiumZero wrote:
          Mcdouche is neither clever nor funny. Derp!

          But, but splooge recipes and male rape fantasies are funny, are they not?


      • #15
        And lay off the strawman about gun control. We're not talking about guns fat ass
        "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

        Comment



        Working...
        X