No announcement yet.

Anderton...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderton...

I wasn't able to stay on top of things so my question is if all the old posts and threads have been permanently deleted or if there's an archive somewhere.

Secondly, as I'm typing this I'm realizing that as my text goes to the right side in the box it just continues instead of jumping down to the next line. It's really annoying because the width of the box makes reading an entire sentence impossible without using the scroll bar below.

Also, the first page ("http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/The-Political-Party/bd-p/OT_The_Political_Party") of this section isn't the greatest either. Upon loading that page all I see on my laptop is big banner ad, under that a section with a "user menu", under that another menu, under that the "tree" or "path" to where I currently am, under that a huge "announcements" block..... and no posts. So I basically have to page down to see the first posts. When I do rather than having the complete width of the window what I see is everything forum related squished into about half the width of the screen, with empty space to the left (waste), a big ad to the right, and more empty space to the right of that. Of course the whole page ends with yet another ad.

None of this is particularly important in the grand scheme of things (i.e. life), but as far as user experience this is a huge step down visually and practically, with the exception of the server apparently running faster.

So, not too impressed here I have to say...

Actually, let me put it a different way based on ALL the forums I've visited: "Don't fix what ain't broken." And what was broken before was the "responsiveness" of the forum. I doubt many people in at least the pp section had concerns with the layout that have now been solved....

lol @ verbal diarrhea

Comment

• Sloppy Santa
      Sloppy Santa commented
      Editing a comment

Daryl Flynn wrote:

lol @ verbal diarrhea

Obsess much over me buddy? Only enough to go back a month and a half to bump a thread of mine not directed to you eh?

Srsly, get a life. And while you're at it, go see a shrink (but buy a braincell first so he'll have at least one to work with).

Im pretty sure Anderton is Audi 5000.

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
      Daryl Flynn commented
      Editing a comment

Davo17 wrote:
      Im pretty sure Anderton is Audi 5000.

He left because of this thread.

Sloppy Santa is right on on this one. The previous forum was great except for one thing - it was slow, slow, slow. THIS forum is just a big pile of poo that is fast. Why some people continue to spend so much time here I do not get.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Faith ruled the Dark Ages."

Comment

• Brave Ulysses
      Brave Ulysses commented
      Editing a comment

lol at misdirected example of terminal entitlement syndrome.  anderton called - he said buy a new les paul and he might have a sip of your whine, else stfu.

• Daryl Flynn
      Daryl Flynn commented
      Editing a comment

Minning Around wrote:

Sloppy Santa is right on on this one. The previous forum was great except for one thing - it was slow, slow, slow. THIS forum is just a big pile of poo that is fast. Why some people continue to spend so much time here I do not get.

It's all about the speed.

Nothing's ever been posted on PP that was worth waiting for it to load.

• moonlightin
      moonlightin commented
      Editing a comment

Minning Around wrote:

Well... basically it is what you make it. I don't necessarily come here to look at a pretty forum so much as I just come here to chat and maybe on occasion learn something.

Sloppy Santa wrote:  but as far as user experience this is a huge step down visually and practically, with the exception of the server apparently running faster.

It may appear to be faster, but the time spent having to scroll through redundant, multiple quotes actually slows it down to a crawl.

Last edited by Fred Fartboski : Today at...

Comment

• thankyou
      thankyou commented
      Editing a comment

Fred Fartboski wrote:

Sloppy Santa wrote:  but as far as user experience this is a huge step down visually and practically, with the exception of the server apparently running faster.

It may appear to be faster, but the time spent having to scroll through redundant, multiple quotes actually slows it down to a crawl.

It's like the old multi-quote feature gone bonkers.  My feeling is that the old software was under constant attack and it would have cost a ton for them to stop it, so they got a cleaner, cheaper replacement.

• RedRoadEnsemble
      RedRoadEnsemble commented
      Editing a comment

Fred Fartboski wrote:

http://www.mrkent.com/speedread/

• Graeca
      Graeca commented
      Editing a comment

Fred Fartboski wrote:

Indeed it does...

Sloppy Santa wrote:

I wasn't able to stay on top of things so my question is if all the old posts and threads have been permanently deleted or if there's an archive somewhere.

Secondly, as I'm typing this I'm realizing that as my text goes to the right side in the box it just continues instead of jumping down to the next line. It's really annoying because the width of the box makes reading an entire sentence impossible without using the scroll bar below.

Also, the first page ("http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/The-Political-Party/bd-p/OT_The_Political_Party") of this section isn't the greatest either. Upon loading that page all I see on my laptop is big banner ad, under that a section with a "user menu", under that another menu, under that the "tree" or "path" to where I currently am, under that a huge "announcements" block..... and no posts. So I basically have to page down to see the first posts. When I do rather than having the complete width of the window what I see is everything forum related squished into about half the width of the screen, with empty space to the left (waste), a big ad to the right, and more empty space to the right of that. Of course the whole page ends with yet another ad.

None of this is particularly important in the grand scheme of things (i.e. life), but as far as user experience this is a huge step down visually and practically, with the exception of the server apparently running faster.

So, not too impressed here I have to say...

Actually, let me put it a different way based on ALL the forums I've visited: "Don't fix what ain't broken." And what was broken before was the "responsiveness" of the forum. I doubt many people in at least the pp section had concerns with the layout that have now been solved....

Nor have you been "impressive" with your posts for quite some time. .png" alt=":smileytongue:" title="Smiley Tongue" />

Just kidding. Reasonable concerns.

“True unalienable rights do not require one to trample other unalienable rights.”
    ―J.S.B. Morse

Comment

Working...
    X