Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston woman has gym membership revoked for talking on cell phone.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston woman has gym membership revoked for talking on cell phone.

A Boston woman says her gym membership was revoked after the facility's "aggressive" manager caught her taking a phone call while on the elliptical. 

The Boston Herald reports Tina Santoro Asmar claims she received an unexpected call from her doctor while on the machine at the Planet Fitness where she is a member, and answered the call without stepping off. 

She says while she was talking, she was approached by the "very threatening" manager, who told her to get off the phone or risk losing her membership. Asmar tells MyFoxBoston.com she was taken aback by the manager's "very threatening behavior."

"The Planet Fitness manager's reaction was extremely aggressive and threatening," she said in a statement. "It scared me. No one deserves to be spoken to in this manner. I spent two days trying to get in touch with corporate with no response."

She added that she did not want to leave the workout area to take the call because her iPad was hooked up to the elliptical.

However, club co-owner Brian Kablik claims Asmar was the one acting belligerent. 

“True unalienable rights do not require one to trample other unalienable rights.”
    ―J.S.B. Morse

OH jesus christ luvit, what is there to get upset about here? 

Comment

• rbstern
      rbstern commented
      Editing a comment

There is no civil right which allows breaking a contract and then tresspassing in someone else's place of business, after they inform you that you've broken the contract and must leave. 

If you won't follow the rules you agreed to, and they don't want you there because of it, you have to leave. Period. 

Waiting for the cops to arrest you for tresspassing is about your only on-site protest option.

• quickie1
      quickie1 commented
      Editing a comment

moogerfooger wrote:

OH jesus christ luvit, what is there to get upset about here? 

The lawsuit that will probably follow.

quickie1 wrote:

Waiting for "it's my freedom of speech" right activists coming to her aid.

Maybe, or you might be waiting a long time.  I'm not seeing where anybody is doing that.

I'd think anybody trying to make a case might try to make it on some sort of medical or safety grounds b/c it was from her doctor, but I doubt it'd stick

Comment

• Belva
      Belva commented
      Editing a comment

willy-b wrote:

quickie1 wrote:

Maybe, or you might be waiting a long time.  I'm not seeing where anybody is doing that.

I'd think anybody trying to make a case might try to make it on some sort of medical or safety grounds b/c it was from her doctor, but I doubt it'd stick

If it's that damn important she can get her fat ass out of the gym and return when she's done.
      Sounds to me like this woman is a douche to everybody and whines when she doesn't get her way.

You ever notice anytime one of these situations come up, the person is always receiving a phone call from their doctor or a parent on their death bed?

Yeah sure, im sure it was her doctor calling her fat ass.

**************** her and everyone like her. Why do people think they have a right to be inconsiderate to everyone around them? Do your thing at the gym, have your work-out and STFU.

Nobody does that **************** at my gym and if they do.

There's been times I had to make a phone call, so I walk my ass to the fdront lobby where its quiet, make mty call, then go back to working out; its not that hard to be considerate of other people, just that some people are dicks.

i like palin.
    i think she would rattle some cages and that's what america needs.
    ~ yumpy

Comment

quickie1 wrote:

Since it's not the government that punished her for speaking on a cell phone, it has nothing to do with free speech.

Strawman, weak troll.

Comment

• Belva
        Belva commented
        Editing a comment

Caulk Rocket wrote:

quickie1 wrote:

Since it's not the government that punished her for speaking on a cell phone, it has nothing to do with free speech.

Strawman, weak troll.

Don't confuse the idiot with facts. His head will explode

Working...
    X