Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dawn...

This remake has all sorts of bull****************. North Korea invades the US? Really? They don't even have enough food... much less the ability to cross the ocean without being detected. Who gave them money to make this bull****************?

__________________________________________________ ___
    Here's my Twitter: http://twitter.com/Somnistatic Follow me!
    Here's my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/MattSamsSongwriter Like it!
    Here's where you can hear all my music: http://mattsams.bandcamp.com Listen to it!

Kreatorkind wrote:

This remake has all sorts of bull****************. North Korea invades the US? Really? They don't even have enough food... much less the ability to cross the ocean without being detected. Who gave them money to make this bull****************?

Probably the GOP.  I feel bad for NK civilians. NK has bottle rockets for missiles.

----

lol

Attached Files
    Last edited by Fred Fartboski : Today at...

Comment

• Davo17
      Davo17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its also a nuclear power, that sells weapons directly to our enemies.

Originally it was supposed to be China that invaded, but the ChiComs weren't happy about it.

Comment

• Gromit
      Gromit commented
      Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
      Originally it was supposed to be China that invaded, but the ChiComs weren't happy about it.

That makes sense.

Apparently that sort of fundamental story shift in movies is not uncommon.  Memphis Belle was originally about an RAF squadron, but the backers (who were American) insisted that the story be changed so that it featured the USAAF instead.

Kreatorkind wrote:

Who gave them money to make this bull****************?

rodman-n korea.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
      Editing a comment

Alndln3 wrote:

Kreatorkind wrote:

Who gave them money to make this bull****************?

rodman-n korea.jpg

hahaha

when junior stops laughing and banging on the table, then the guys in the background shut up immediately

Attached Files

Kreatorkind wrote:

One of the most tragic mistakes you could ever make is to underestimate an enemy.

“True unalienable rights do not require one to trample other unalienable rights.”
    ―J.S.B. Morse

Comment

• dblazer
      dblazer commented
      Editing a comment

quickie1 wrote:

Kreatorkind wrote:

One of the most tragic mistakes you could ever make is to underestimate an enemy.

Another one is to spend seven decades in a state of total paranoia, spying on the whole world and trying to manipulate foreign politics from behind the scenes, and when that fails, by direct unilateral military action.

We're the most aggressive, hostile and paranoid nation in the world. North Korea is nothing, other than something for the fear mongers to use to get our money. And they've been getting it since 1941.

You can be sure that if North Korea agreed to play by our rules, we'd support their dictatorship 100%. That's how we roll.

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
      Editing a comment

Korea plays by the rules of China.

China will never permit that a new Korea under the influence of the USA borders to China.

However Beijing is getting pissed over the behaviourr of North Korea.

Sounds scary as hell! We need to increase military spending so we aren't defenseless to such an attack!

"The jerk store called and they're running out of you"- George Costanza

Comment

• Alndln3
      Alndln3 commented
      Editing a comment

PFB wrote:

Sounds scary as hell! We need to increase military spending so we aren't defenseless to such an attack!

And us citizens need to be armed to fend off a nuclear and military attack.

Yeah, no ****************. Some of those films had US government backing AFAIK and Argo won an Academy Award. 

Comment

• Edward
      Edward commented
      Editing a comment

I wouldn't think it especially fair to bracket Argo in with that sort of stuff. True, the big hero is the CIA guy who gets the six folks out alive, but essentially it plays more as a human interest story. It doesn't really touch the issue of the hostages much at all, past a cursory mention, nor the controversy involved in that. Text at the opening is pretty clear what provoked the Ayatollah-led coup. It seemed fairly balanced to me, but then I watched it. A lot of the people I've heard criticise it (from both 'sides') haven't.

I lolz'd at the American Humvees used by the North Koreans in the flick.

Comment

Working...
    X