Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Gun Control Common Sense - Mixed With a Little Stupidity

This is great, except for the Demented Ms. Feinstein part. I didn't realize it wasn't already a felony to do a straw purchase to avoid identifying the recipient, people should be able to buy guns as gifts, but the owner should be identified on the paperwork. Also I'm all for an expanded N.A.C. setup that checks civil, criminal AND medical records. I'm good with the funds for school safety too.

Maybe the sane people can work some things out and let DiFi just sit there and mope.

March 7, 2013

Bipartisan Bill on

Cars

Lol

Comment

• dblazer
      dblazer commented
      Editing a comment

**************** you, dip****************.

Given that I oppose all federal firearms laws, I see no pressing need to support this legislation either.

Comment

• TubeAddict
      TubeAddict commented
      Editing a comment

Rochester woman who acted as straw buyer of guns used by William Spengler in Webster shooting is busted for lying about who would own the weapons Dawn Nguyen was arrested Friday and faces federal charge of knowingly making a false statement for signing a form indicating she would be the legal owner of the gun she allegedly purchased for William Spengler, who murdered two firefighters during a shooting spree in Webster, N.Y.

WEBSTER, N.Y.

“True unalienable rights do not require one to trample other unalienable rights.”
    ―J.S.B. Morse

Comment

• quickie1
      quickie1 commented
      Editing a comment

quickie1 wrote:

dblazer wrote:
       I didn't realize it wasn't already a felony to do a straw purchase to avoid identifying the recipient, people should be able to buy guns as gifts, but the owner should be identified on the paperwork. Also I'm all for an expanded N.A.C. setup that checks civil, criminal AND medical records. I'm good with the funds for school safety too.

I agree.

dblazer wrote:
    This is great, except for the Demented Ms. Feinstein part. I didn't realize it wasn't already a felony to do a straw purchase to avoid identifying the recipient, people should be able to buy guns as gifts, but the owner should be identified on the paperwork. Also I'm all for an expanded N.A.C. setup that checks civil, criminal AND medical records. I'm good with the funds for school safety too.

Maybe the sane people can work some things out and let DiFi just sit there and mope.

March 7, 2013

Bipartisan Bill on

Comment

• quickie1
      quickie1 commented
      Editing a comment

moonlightin wrote:

dblazer wrote:

March 7, 2013

Bipartisan Bill on

dblazer wrote:

March 7, 2013

Bipartisan Bill on

Comment

• dblazer
      dblazer commented
      Editing a comment

snebarekim wrote:

dblazer wrote:

March 7, 2013

Bipartisan Bill on

Some of you people just need to get over the wrap-thyself-in-the-flag mantra about the Second Amendment. It was written because our founding fathers feared the establishment of a standing army. Obama wants to make this country safe and sane. He is not going to take away deer rifles. He's not going to take your 12-gauges. And under many conditions, Obama's not even going to take your aspirational imitation military-issue rifles. Some Gun Control Common Sense My ass.

Comment

• dblazer
      dblazer commented
      Editing a comment

buckethead99 wrote:
      Some of you people just need to get over the wrap-thyself-in-the-flag mantra about the Second Amendment. It was written because our founding fathers feared the establishment of a standing army. Obama wants to make this country safe and sane. He is not going to take away deer rifles. He's not going to take your 12-gauges. And under many conditions, Obama's not even going to take your aspirational imitation military-issue rifles. Some Gun Control Common Sense My ass.

So making "straw" purchases a felonly isn't common sense? Offering Federal matching funds for school safetly impovements isn't common sense? Requiring mental health checks for background checks isn't common sense?

Go **************** yourself.

Bucket: If it isn't for the children, it's to make us safe.

The last administration used similar language to get unconstitutional measures passed as well. The only real difference is the party that wants to violate our rights.

Comment

• trainset
      trainset commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol @ cock no work

A renewed AWB is unlikely. Universal backgroung checks might fly. I don't understand why anyone is freaking out over the latter.

Comment

• gspointer
      gspointer commented
      Editing a comment

Noreaster wrote:

A renewed AWB is unlikely. Universal backgroung checks might fly. I don't understand why anyone is freaking out over the latter.

I have a couple of issues with UBC's. i can no longer give a firearm as a gift, and the intent is registration, but they aren't presenting it that way. They are being intentionally misleading (40% gun show-loophole etc.) and they seem to be getting their info from orginizations that have stated that each  gun laws is a "step".

• madryan
      madryan commented
      Editing a comment

Noreaster wrote:

I'm completely fine with all private transferrs being run through the NICS.  

The problem most folks have is in order to enforce it you've got to institute a national database and registry.  Some people aren't comfortable with that.  Personally, if you could get the idiots like Feinstein to quit trying to outright ban whole classes of guns I'd be fine with a registry.  

I've stated repeatedly my position that a loosening of federal rules on NFA stuff for people who are deemed responsible (which would send the message that they're not going to ban stuff down the road) paired with a registry and background checks for every transfer enforceable by a Federal Felony rap for getting caught using an unregistered firearm would probably do wonders.  

Also, we need a mandated safe storage deal of some sort enforceable by strict criminal and civil liability should you be found negligent and your guns are stolen or otherwise used in a crime or accidental shooting.  

Last, get rid of the ****************ing war on drugs.  That's fueling the lions share of the violence in our society.  Take that money and instead revamp our healthcare and mental health/drug rehab systems.

UBCs have the potential to be effective in the absence of a registry.

Comment

• gspointer
      gspointer commented
      Editing a comment

Noreaster wrote:

"Universal background checks

Twitter summary: Effectiveness depends on the ability to reduce straw purchasing, requiring gun registration and an easy gun transfer process" 

• madryan
      madryan commented
      Editing a comment

Noreaster wrote:

They're completely ****************ing meaningless without a registry.

Coyote: Hate to disappoint....but firearms have nothing to do with self esteem.

Additionally, the Iraq War was a joke and Coors is perhaps the worst beer on the planet.

So go **************** yourself.

Comment

Working...
    X