Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

.223 ammo is sold out EVERYWHERE!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • .223 ammo is sold out EVERYWHERE!

    Niow, the .223 round is a viable small game and varmint  hunters rifle round , but now, cuase every conservative redenck in America has gone into a frenzy because the modern  "assualt riflle" mainly also   takes the .223 ammunition, there is no more left AT ALL.!!!!.and any .223 ammunition is so  backordered and scarce on the market  and there is a huge concern the .223 rifle caliber will be bannened.

    Not a speck of cereal

  • #2

    I do not fear your fear.

    Comment


    • Another Brick
      Another Brick commented
      Editing a comment
      Supply will eventually catch up with demand, at a higher price.

  • #3

    Balthazar Munoz wrote:

    Niow, the .223 round is a viable small game and varmint  hunters rifle round , but now, cuase every conservative redenck in America has gone into a frenzy because the modern  "assualt riflle" mainly also   takes the .223 ammunition, there is no more left AT ALL.!!!!.and any .223 ammunition is so  backordered and scarce on the market  and there is a huge concern the .223 rifle caliber will be bannened.


    Ammo went up starting with the war on terror.

    Its one of the most common calibers in the world

    I assure you, more is to come.

    Take the opportunity to learn hand loading, you might enjoy the results.

    Comment


    • RedRoadEnsemble
      RedRoadEnsemble commented
      Editing a comment

      The fear will give me your arms.


  • #4
    Fortunately, I don't buy factory ammo.

    If you do, then you're probably screwed.

    Comment


    • yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

      As all the paranoids RUSHED to buy the same ammo that Adam Lanza used to slaughter 1st graders, you'd think ammo dealers would, as good capitalists, jack the prices sky-high on the stuff.

      Like anything, supply and demand rules.  Seems like this is a GREAT time to gear up to sell more .223 ammo.

      Amazing.  Something used to slaughter 1st graders, to commit a horrible atrocity, becomes super-desirable.  Within days I saw a local outdoor hunting store selling Bushmasters.

      "Adam Lanza recommends the Bushmaster and .223 ammunition"   Are Americans insane?


  • #5
    Yank: That's why they're buying it.....so they can slaughter children.

    Comment


    • yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

      mauser wrote:
      Yank: That's why they're buying it.....so they can slaughter children.

      Maus:

      Why, after such a massacre, do guys (mostly) rush out to buy the monster's killing tools? Why?


  • #6
    Yank: There were millions of ARs in the hands of gunowners before Newtown.

    Fearing a ban on these weapons and perhaps even the ammo, they went out and bought guns, ammo, and magazines.

    Not all that difficult to understand.

    Comment


    • yanktar
      yanktar commented
      Editing a comment

      mauser wrote:
      Yank: There were millions of ARs in the hands of gunowners before Newtown.

      Fearing a ban on these weapons and perhaps even the ammo, they went out and bought guns, ammo, and magazines.

      Not all that difficult to understand.

      Maus:

      I "get" that if you OWN the device you'll want to be sure you have refills for it if you fear their being banned.

      But, banning or not, why would ANYONE rush out to buy a weapon that was just used to slaughter children?  THAT still hasn't been answered.   Doesn't that strike you as just a bit creepy?


  • #7
    http://ammoseek.com/?gun=rifle&cal=113&grains=0&mfg=&include_kw=&exclu de_kw=&noblanks=noblanks&sortby=cpr

    Comment


    • #8
      Yank: No, it doesn't.

      Comment


      • yanktar
        yanktar commented
        Editing a comment

        mauser wrote:
        Yank: No, it doesn't.

        Then why the run on THAT particular weapon and ammo?

        As Hoddy points out, that Ruger uses the same ammo. Was there a run on Rugers? On Bennelli shotguns?

        I would think that IF a sane and morally sound person wanted to now rush out and purchase a firearm and ammo in advance of a feared ban, he or she would look for AN ALTERNATIVE to the very weapon used in Sandy Hill Elementary.  Our gun experts here know full well that a Bushmaster isn't the ONLY good weapon for home defense.  In fact many of you claim there are better ones. No, I'm not an expert. I cannot tell you what's better.

        Be honest: The Bushmaster's notariety was why it was all of a sudden desirable.  And that IS creepy.


    • #9
      Quickie: And some use a tragedy to push an agenda.

      Never let a good crisis go to waste, or something to that effect.

      Comment


      • #10

        Balthazar Munoz wrote:

        ... there is no more left AT ALL.!!!!....

        Reminds me of the old Yogi Berra comment: "Nobody goes there any more because it's too crowded."

        I did notice that if you want anything besides shotgun shells you are pretty much outa luck these days.

        Comment


        • #11

          Balthazar Munoz wrote:

          Niow, the .223 round is a viable small game and varmint  hunters rifle round , but now, cuase every conservative redenck in America has gone into a frenzy because the modern  "assualt riflle" mainly also   takes the .223 ammunition, there is no more left AT ALL.!!!!.and any .223 ammunition is so  backordered and scarce on the market  and there is a huge concern the .223 rifle caliber will be bannened.


          This site has em listed In Stock

           

          http://www.luckygunner.com/rifle/223-remington-ammo

          Comment


          • Telecruiser
            Telecruiser commented
            Editing a comment

            Me? I handload everything with a Dillon 650. I have a few thousand 223 ready to go as well as 3-4000 pcs of brass. I also have a lot of other calibers loaded (as well as lots of brass for each caliber) and ready to go as soon as I get in the mood to go out and do some plinking. None of this shortage stuff has bothered me.


        • #12
          Unless the balance in the House shifts dramatically, there wont be any bans.

          Comment


          • #13
            Yank: As I said....it was around long before Newtown. Anyone that had been contemplating purchasing one decided to do so out of a fear that they might not be able to do so down the road.

            Comment


            • yanktar
              yanktar commented
              Editing a comment

              mauser wrote:
              Yank: As I said....it was around long before Newtown. Anyone that had been contemplating purchasing one decided to do so out of a fear that they might not be able to do so down the road.

              But how many decided AFTER the event they NOW wanted this weapon?


          • #14
            Gun paranoids are gun paranoids. You guys should have yourself a little war with all that weaponry. The rest of the civilized world won't miss you.

            Zip


            (CNN) -- A decreasing number of American gun owners own two-thirds of the nation's guns and as many as one-third of the guns on the planet -- even though they account for less than 1% of the world's population, according to a CNN analysis of gun ownership data.

            The data, collected by the Injury Prevention Journal, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, the General Social Survey and population figures from the U.S. Census Bureau, found that the number of U.S. households with guns has declined, but current gun owners are gathering more guns.

            The United States tends to have better data on gun numbers than other countries, for instance Somalia or the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which may account for the high percentage, according to Alan Lizotte, dean and professor at the School of Criminal Justice at The University at Albany.
            Gun owners debate in wake of Aurora tragedy
            However, within its own borders, the U.S. gun owning population is on the decline and those gun owners are stockpiling more firearms.
            Gun ownership declining in U.S.
            "Those who own guns, own more guns," said Josh Sugarmann, the executive director and founder of the Violence Policy Center, a Washington-based gun control advocacy group. Last year the organization released an analysis of figures from the General Social Survey, which found that both the number of households owning guns and the number of people owning guns were decreasing.
            Politicians from both parties have tip-toed around gun control after the Aurora, Colorado, movie theater massacre to avoid political implications in the upcoming election. However, studies suggest they are bowing to a smaller number of American gun owners.
            Those gun owners tend to live in swing states, explained Lizotte.
            "You can see where [the gun debate plays out] in the presidential election," said Lizotte. "Where rural states are swing states and urban states are not."
            Candidates show little appetite for new gun control laws
            A study published in the Injury Prevention Journal, based on a 2004 National Firearms Survey, found that 20% of the gun owners with the most firearms possessed about 65% of the nation's guns.
            The media and the massacre Shooting victim's mother speaks Where was God in Aurora?
            A 2007 survey by the U.N's Office on Drugs and Crime found that the United States, which has 5% of the world's population, owns 50% of the world's guns.
            The number of households owning guns has declined from almost 50% in 1973 to just over 32% in 2010, according to a 2011 study produced by The University of Chicago's National Opinion Research Center. The number of gun owners has gone down almost 10% over the same period, the report found
            The concentration comes, in part, because guns are "marketed by and large to people who already own guns," Lizotte said.
            He also said that guns are specialty items, like tools in a tool box, so those who own guns are more likely to buy additional guns for different hunting purposes, for instance.
            "If you use a 12-gauge shotgun to shoot a rabbit, the rabbit won't exist after you shoot it," Lizotte said. Therefore a gun owner who is a hunter will use a different gun for different types of hunting, for instance a small-caliber rifle instead of a high-powered shotgun.
            Both studies also found that men were more likely to own guns, though the General Social Survey found that male gun ownership is down almost 20% since 1980. The Violence Policy Center's analysis of the General Social Survey data also found that part of the reason the gun owning population is declining is because those weapons are largely owned by white males, a group whose population is aging.
            One in 10 women own a gun, the General Social Survey found.
            Opinion: Do guns make us safer?
            Still, while it is possible to collect accurate data on the number of guns in the United States using manufacturing, import-export and life-cycle data for the guns, the federal government has little idea of who the guns owners are, gun policy experts said.
            "The federal government doesn't have good data on anything on guns and that's been done on purpose," said David Hemenway, director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center and senior author of the Injury Prevention Journal study. "The gun lobby has lots of power ... [their] goal is not to have any sort of registration system."
            "We asked, 'Where'd the guns go?' The answer -- it looked like the people that had lots of guns were buying more guns," Hemenway said.
            The false perception that there are more gun owners has helped bolster a political narrative, emboldened the National Rifle Association and left politicians worried about losing support, gun policy experts say.
            "...It gives them more power to say they are representing more gun owners and there are more gun owners," said Hemenway.
            Sugarmann agreed. "There is a myth pushed by the gun industry, the NRA and the trade associations for gun makers that gun ownership is up," he said. "[That] there are more gun owners, when the opposite is true, gun ownership is declining."
            The NRA did not respond to repeated requests from CNN for comment.
            665 - Neighbor of the Beast

            Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

            Comment


            • #15
              Yank: Given that the push for a new ban occurred after newtown, probably quite a few.

              Comment


              • Hoddy
                Hoddy commented
                Editing a comment

                mauser wrote:
                Yank: Given that the push for a new ban occurred after newtown, probably quite a few.

                yep



            Working...
            X