Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is there, like -- ten of us and the spammers?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is there, like -- ten of us and the spammers?

seems like we're down to a few hard core PPers and the spammers.  its not as fun of a place as it used to be, 

now quicky is saying his last goodbys -- until the next time anyway. 

seems HC 3.0 is a dismal failure. im just saying 

is it the look, or the format, or the lack of moderation?

or all the above?

All that and Davo overdose.
    I can't provide a link because leftists removed it from the internet.

Comment

• moonlightin
      moonlightin commented
      Editing a comment

Microtilt wrote:
      All that and Darryl overdose.

fixt

• John Ellis
      John Ellis commented
      Editing a comment

The message that I get from the bible is that if men are left to their own devices, they will ultimately destroy themselves.

This forum is proof positive of this.

moogerfooger wrote:

seems like we're down to a few hard core PPers and the spammers.  its not as fun of a place as it used to be, 

or all the above?

The fact that the same 3 or 4 people are in every thread, posting essentially the same nonsense over and over is discouraging. I personally feel a small amount of moderation would go a long way, as would a small amount of civility. I'm taking a wait and see attitude, but I'm not optimistic, honestly. 

__________________________________________________ ____

Comment

• moogerfooger
      moogerfooger commented
      Editing a comment

I'm spending more time at TOJ these days simply for that reason, here it's the same folks rehashing the same tired old arguments. not that i dont like to beat the dead horse every once and while. 

Spammers, dumbasses and about 10 adults? That's about it.

It looks like they abandoned the HCPP, hoping it would wither and die.

It's working . . .

Comment

moogerfooger wrote:

or all the above?

I don't think it's the lack of moderation, unless the thrill of being banned motivated some people.  But there's nothing to moderate, that I can see.

I'd say it's a fascinating study in product features, how relatively subtle things can make or break a product.  

Comment

• moogerfooger
        moogerfooger commented
        Editing a comment

Used2BMarkoh wrote:

moogerfooger wrote:

or all the above?

I don't think it's the lack of moderation, unless the thrill of being banned motivated some people.  But there's nothing to moderate, that I can see.

I'd say it's a fascinating study in product features, how relatively subtle things can make or break a product.  

interesting observations.  although the changes arent exactly subtle. this was sort of a paradigm shift. 

you're right about nothing to moderate, and I think you maybe on to something about the thrill of the ban hammer.  

Maybe if Daryl and those dudes set up a subsidiary HC "lol@" forum with hobo-sex emoticons...

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
        Daryl Flynn commented
        Editing a comment

Zig al-din wrote:

Maybe if Daryl and those dudes set up a subsidiary HC "lol@" forum with hobo-sex emoticons...

I would actually enjoy that.

Just keep creepy Gallus out.

Well, except for one thing, we'd need self righteous liberals for lulz

moogerfooger wrote:

or all the above?

Lack of moderation. It was on the edge all the time.

But look, there are a bunch of clowns here who thinks asking a simple question is engaging in "gotcha tactics", and who think that writing a paragraph containing more than three sentences is boring, and who thinks that "credible source" = any ****************ing blog you can find that supports your opinion. And it's the same crowd who then when proven wrong or don't have anything to back up anything with start with one-line response duels consisting to 95% of ad-hominem attacks...

The worst of that could have been dealt with using moderation. No moderation and this is what we get.

Suddenly 150 Coleman lantern threads don't seem so bad, even if I think it's somewhat off-topic. But once you let that stupid **************** in the door all else follows.

Comment

Working...
      X