Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Study: Piracy Doesn't Harm Digital Media Sales

Less than two weeks after a study showing that Internet movie piracy displaces digital film sales, new research by two European Commission researchers arrived at the opposite conclusion with respect to music sales. In short, they find that

normh wrote:

The evidence keeps piling up against the media industries failing business model.

I read through the article, and what the thread title seems to want to imply isn't what the article really says. Or perhaps put more appropriately:

What part of "the media industries' business model" is "failing", and how does the article prove that?

Comment

• normh
      normh commented
      Editing a comment

Sloppy Santa wrote:

normh wrote:

The evidence keeps piling up against the media industries failing business model.

I read through the article, and what the thread title seems to want to imply isn't what the article really says. Or perhaps put more appropriately:

What part of "the media industries' business model" is "failing", and how does the article prove that?

Content industry is asserting that their flagging sales is due to piracy.  This is not the first study I have read by independent researchers, versus industry paid studies, that contradicts the content industries position.

The content industry is failing by compelling people to buy and album full of songs when you only want one song.  This failing was addressed by business like Itunes.  The content industry has been fighting to keep the old business model and not adapting to the newer internet sales models.  This failure harms the consumer, the artists, and music styles in general.

Oops:

Forgot to mention that I changed the word from "Research" to "Study" to try to shorten the title.  Failed, but...  Study is appropriate though because I linked to the study as well.

Working...
X