Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dying Iraq War Vet Calls out Bush & Cheney

Tomas Young, a vet dying from his wounds in Iraq, directly blames Pres. Bush and VP Cheney.

"To: George W. Bush and Dick Cheney

I write this letter on the 10th anniversary of the Iraq War on behalf of my fellow Iraq War veterans. I write this letter on behalf of the 4,488 soldiers and Marines who died in Iraq. I write this letter on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of veterans who have been wounded and on behalf of those whose wounds, physical and psychological, have destroyed their lives. I am one of those gravely wounded. I was paralyzed in an insurgent ambush in 2004 in Sadr City. My life is coming to an end. I am living under hospice care.

I write this letter on behalf of husbands and wives who have lost spouses, on behalf of children who have lost a parent, on behalf of the fathers and mothers who have lost sons and daughters and on behalf of those who care for the many thousands of my fellow veterans who have brain injuries. I write this letter on behalf of those veterans whose trauma and self-revulsion for what they have witnessed, endured and done in Iraq have led to suicide and on behalf of the active-duty soldiers and Marines who commit, on average, a suicide a day. I write this letter on behalf of the some 1 million Iraqi dead and on behalf of the countless Iraqi wounded. I write this letter on behalf of us all

Amen

It's 4am woman make up your mind. EITHER SPIT IT OUT OR SWALLOW IT!!!

Comment

If there is a hell you can bet Bush and Cheney have reservations.

Comment

• Stonedtone
        Stonedtone commented
        Editing a comment

buckethead99 wrote:
        If there is a hell you can bet Bush and Cheney have reservations.

It just always amazes me all the faux god folk doing so many horrible things to humanity not fearing hell. Did Bush not know 100,000 Iraq's would be killed, millions of refuges loosing their houses and life, all the post war suicides of Iraqi solders....Hell

God Bless Tomas Young.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' "
      — Isaac Asimov

Comment

yanktar wrote:

Tomas Young, a vet dying from his wounds in Iraq, directly blames Pres. Bush and VP Cheney.

I write this letter on the 10th anniversary of the Iraq War on behalf of my fellow Iraq War veterans. I write this letter on behalf of the 4,488 soldiers and Marines who died in Iraq. I write this letter on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of veterans who have been wounded and on behalf of those whose wounds, physical and psychological, have destroyed their lives. I am one of those gravely wounded. I was paralyzed in an insurgent ambush in 2004 in Sadr City. My life is coming to an end. I am living under hospice care.

I write this letter on behalf of husbands and wives who have lost spouses, on behalf of children who have lost a parent, on behalf of the fathers and mothers who have lost sons and daughters and on behalf of those who care for the many thousands of my fellow veterans who have brain injuries. I write this letter on behalf of those veterans whose trauma and self-revulsion for what they have witnessed, endured and done in Iraq have led to suicide and on behalf of the active-duty soldiers and Marines who commit, on average, a suicide a day. I write this letter on behalf of the some 1 million Iraqi dead and on behalf of the countless Iraqi wounded. I write this letter on behalf of us all

God Bless America.

Comment

• Hoppy Shimko
          Hoppy Shimko commented
          Editing a comment

AxiomVanguard wrote:

Buyers remorse perhaps....

you're an ****************************

• yanktar
          yanktar commented
          Editing a comment

AxiomVanguard wrote:

yanktar wrote:

And yet dick boy says he'd do it allllll over again. I wonder what makes him think we would. I don't think sociopaths apologize.

Comment

• yanktar
          yanktar commented
          Editing a comment

Unless you are a "truther", you accept that the attack on 9/11 was generated by Al Qaeda and they were supported by the Taliban who kept the nest where the egg was hatched.

Therefore, Al Qaeda and the Taliban were legitimate threats and targets of the USA.  When Young signed up, like the young man after Pearl Harbor, he signed up to defend his nation against a proven threat...the smoking ruins of the World Trade Center were very real.

But the administration had been planning and looking for an excuse to attack Iraq, and they lied and manufactured false evidence that DEFIED all reasonable logic.

Young's letter states CLEARLY that he would have accepted his pain and imminent death if he had been wounded in Afghanistan in, what he STILL considers a just war and would have no anger, resentment and regrets.

This man is dying because the arrogant rich chicken-hawk putzes bravely risked OTHER people's lives to prove their "manhood".

Hopefully his story will make others think twice about joining the military, given the manner in which it is being used and abused.

Comment

• Zig al-din
          Zig al-din commented
          Editing a comment

mauser wrote:
          Hopefully his story will make others think twice about joining the military, given the manner in which it is being used and abused.

At least we know now conclusively that it serves the oil industry.

• Sloppy Santa
          Sloppy Santa commented
          Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

Yeah, some, but the net won't change until US culture as a whole changes. You'd have thought that a population with average intelligence and access to information would have drawn the correct conclusions long ago. What, after Vietnam and meddling in Latin America it's not obvious what the US military/intelligence machines are doing and are being used for?

US culture is riddled with jingoist propaganda and a general call for the population to not use their brains. It's essential to keep the military going.

• testuser
          testuser commented
          Editing a comment

mauser wrote:

And with all the new ways we've developed to inflict damage on the enemy without directly risking american lives, we will need fewer and fewer men to actually enter the battlefield.

Actually, that is damned scary. Any activity that is low risk but high reward is likely to be engageed in much more frequently. Are we already seeing that? Would the "peace" movement during the Vietnam war have gotten traction if only a few thousand men died during the entire war?

Working...
      X