No announcement yet.

World According to Darth Cheney

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World According to Darth Cheney

I saw the new documentary about Cheney over the weekend. If you haven't seen it, then you should. The man is a megalomaniacal sociopath who has absolutely no regard for others and no sense of conscience unless it involves someone in his inner circle. He honestly believes he did absolutely nothing wrong and only sees any situation in false dichotomies. Regarding torture, he simply said that we were right to use it because which would we rather do, allow another attack or preserve our honor.... why can't both be accomplished?

Non fui. Fui. Non sum. Non curo.

To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

• testuser
      testuser commented
      Editing a comment

RogueGnome wrote: To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

I know that's in your quote, but I thought you might find it interesting to look op the meaning of the greek and hebrew words translated into the english word "Satan" in the bible. Hint: your sentence could also be interpretted to say "To you I am an atheist, but to God I am Satan."

• Mr.NiceGuy
      Mr.NiceGuy commented
      Editing a comment

RogueGnome wrote:

Cool picture.

I do realize you went to the trouble to find it and put it up here to bolster the OP's contention that Cheney is: "a megalomaniacal sociopath who has absolutely no regard for others and no sense of conscience".

Mr.Cheney is a badass. This is the kind of guy you want on your side when you finally realize that not everyone in the world is willing to join your drum circle and sing Kumbaya.

This guy? not so much...

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/az9wm0.jpg[/IMG]

GTRMAN wrote:

I saw the new documentary about Cheney over the weekend. If you haven't seen it, then you should. The man is a megalomaniacal sociopath who has absolutely no regard for others and no sense of conscience unless it involves someone in his inner circle. He honestly believes he did absolutely nothing wrong and only sees any situation in false dichotomies. Regarding torture, he simply said that we were right to use it because which would we rather do, allow another attack or preserve our honor.... why can't both be accomplished?

I didn't see the documentary, but if all I have to go on is what you say he said, I agree with him. I'm one of those that does not consider waterboarding to be torture. But opinions vary.

Comment

• GTRMAN
      GTRMAN commented
      Editing a comment

How does it not fit into the definition of torture?

testuser wrote:

GTRMAN wrote:

I didn't see the documentary, but if all I have to go on is what you say he said, I agree with him. I'm one of those that does not consider waterboarding to be torture. But opinions vary.

• savoldi
      savoldi commented
      Editing a comment

testuser wrote:

GTRMAN wrote:

We hung people for war crimes that included water boarding after WW2, VanillaRobUser. It's not an opinion. It's a precedent.

• lagger
      lagger commented
      Editing a comment

testuser wrote:

GTRMAN wrote:

Including the US government who executed japenese for torture after WWII.. specifically  waterboarding

GTRMAN wrote:

Cheney ... has absolutely no regard for others and no sense of conscience unless it involves someone in his inner circle.

Just how he is for gay marriage and, strangely, his own daughter is a lesbian. Funny how that works for conservatives like Dick.

Oh, and she's a crazy, delusional ****************, too.

Don't even bother. You can't win.

Jobs created by the GOP: 1
    http://i.imgur.com/V2FbfNh.jpg

Flag a Post
    The Report has been sent.
    [OK]

Comment

GTRMAN wrote:

I saw the new documentary about Cheney over the weekend. If you haven't seen it, then you should. The man is a megalomaniacal sociopath who has absolutely no regard for others and no sense of conscience unless it involves someone in his inner circle. 

What comes to mind is the "princess bride" - "I dunna thinka that word means a what you think it means"

And really, we're still on Bush, now that we're in Obama's 2nd term??? This is one of the signs of mental instability, you know - getting totally focused on some irrelevant thing and just not letting it go.  Are you going to be telling the sweet little nurses in the home how terrible Cheney was?  "No, I DO NOT need to potty!  You need to stop that evil Cheney!!!"

Comment

• GTRMAN
        GTRMAN commented
        Editing a comment

Which word were you referring to? And the documentary was about Cheney. Why would I discuss Obama in relation to it? That attempt at obfuscation was very weak on your part.

Used2BMarkoh wrote:

GTRMAN wrote:

I saw the new documentary about Cheney over the weekend. If you haven't seen it, then you should. The man is a megalomaniacal sociopath who has absolutely no regard for others and no sense of conscience unless it involves someone in his inner circle. 

What comes to mind is the "princess bride" - "I dunna thinka that word means a what you think it means"

And really, we're still on Bush, now that we're in Obama's 2nd term??? This is one of the signs of mental instability, you know - getting totally focused on some irrelevant thing and just not letting it go.  Are you going to be telling the sweet little nurses in the home how terrible Cheney was?  "No, I DO NOT need to potty!  You need to stop that evil Cheney!!!"

• Bowe
        Bowe commented
        Editing a comment

Used2BMarkoh wrote: 

the front page has a thread about Clinton, are we still on him?

Working...
    X