Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No-balls administraton ready to wave the white flag on gun control

Looks like the Dems are already poking around for fig-leaf legislation.  They're apparently going to make gun trafficking illegal.  Never mind that it's already illegal.

I lean dramatically in favor of protecting American liberties in regards to the 2nd Amendment.  But I have to say, I find this administration weaker than a canary in a coal mine.  Any time they have a tough fight on their hands, they keel over quick. 

I'm glad they're folding up on this issue because I believe they are wrong.  Heaven help me if I ever think they are right on an issue I care about, because they truly suck.

http://news.yahoo.com/trafficking-crackdown-may-obamas-best-chance-gun-control-023610834.html

Current global warming temperature trend: 0.05ºC per decade, plus or minus 0.1ºC (source: UN IPCC AR5) ...Yes, the error rate is higher than the estimated rate of change.

"Anthropogenic global warming is a proposed theory whose basic mechanism is well understood, but whose magnitude is highly uncertain. The growing evidence that climate models are too sensitive to CO2 has implications for the attribution of late-20th-century warming and projections of 21st-century climate. If the recent warming hiatus is caused by natural variability, then this raises the question as to what extent the warming between 1975 and 2000 can also be explained by natural climate variability." --Dr. Judith Curry, chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology

I would hope that we would stay a nation that waits till a person ****************s up before we make criminals out of them. 

Phil SaidIf you possess the superior intellect, then it should be no problem for you to point out the logical fallacies and other problems of their position or post without having to debase yourself by resorting to ad hominem attacks.

Comment

• larry50
      larry50 commented
      Editing a comment

The spineless Congress can't pass common sense gun legislation that the public supports because of right wing opposition, and your autonomic knee-jerk reaction is to blame Obama (you remember, the spineless wimp who took out OBL and Khaddafi without spilling a drop of American blood, that spineless wimp).

The right wing is full of idiots.  That's why you're rapidly becoming an inconsequential (all white)  minority party in this country, and thank god for that.

rbstern wrote:

Looks like the Dems are already poking around for fig-leaf legislation.  They're apparently going to make gun trafficking illegal.  Never mind that it's already illegal.

I lean dramatically in favor of protecting American liberties in regards to the 2nd Amendment.  But I have to say, I find this administration weaker than a canary in a coal mine.  Any time they have a tough fight on their hands, they keel over quick. 

I'm glad they're folding up on this issue because I believe they are wrong.  Heaven help me if I ever think they are right on an issue I care about, because they truly suck.

http://news.yahoo.com/trafficking-crackdown-may-obamas-best-chance-gun-control-023610834.html

Meanwhile, the Pubs try to stick to their guns and they sink in the polls. One party is pragmaic, the other is stubourn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Faith ruled the dark ages."

Comment

• larry50
      larry50 commented
      Editing a comment

Minning Around wrote:

rbstern wrote:

Meanwhile, the Pubs try to stick to their guns and they sink in the polls. One party is pragmaic, the other is doomed.

Edited for accuracy. 

• Davo17
      Davo17 commented
      Editing a comment

Minning Around wrote:

rbstern wrote:

Meanwhile, the Pubs try to stick to their guns and they sink in the polls. One party is pragmaic, the other is stubourn.

So when Obama said he "will not rest" and so on, he really meant he'd be pragmatic?

rbstern wrote:

With Obama and the dems its always a big show, followed by nothing.

The epitome of symbolism over substance.

Comment

rbstern wrote:

Since it is already a crime for a felon to purchase a firearm this is a nothing piece of legislation.  Why pass another law when the same law is on the books?

Comment

• Davo17
        Davo17 commented
        Editing a comment

normh wrote:

rbstern wrote:

Since it is already a crime for a felon to purchase a firearm this is a nothing piece of legislation.  Why pass another law when the same law is on the books?

Because band aids feel good!

Everything that happened in congress today was bull****************.

Because of some obscure rule, everything that is passed today is NON-Binding. Therefore there is a bunch of bull**************** votes going down.

Comment

• moonlightin
        moonlightin commented
        Editing a comment

BA.Barcolounger wrote:
        Everything that happened in congress today was bull****************.

Because of some obscure rule, everything that is passed today is NON-Binding. Therefore there is a bunch of bull**************** votes going down.

Say what? What rule are you referring too?

Comment

Working...
      X