Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 10K proving Bible wrong

There can never be a perfect plan. What's perfect for one human bean ain't perfect for the next one. Cuz he's a lentil.

Belva wrote:

Comment

I also cannot prove there is no Batman. Do I have STFU about the caped crusader now?

Attached Files

Comment

• Hoppy Shimko
        Hoppy Shimko commented
        Editing a comment
        what a ridiculous premise.

• RogueGnome
        RogueGnome commented
        Editing a comment

Belva wrote:

Comment

Belva wrote:

Comment

• Tom Hicks
          Tom Hicks commented
          Editing a comment

is your blogger familiar with the concept known as "proving a negative"?

let me be helpful if this is the case.

Proving a negative or negative proof may refer to:

Evidence of absence in general, such as evidence that there is no milk in a certain bowl
          Modus tollens, a logical proof
          Proof of impossibility, mathematics
          Unfair burden, in law, a plaintiff need not prove a negative about a defendant
          Russell's teapot, an analogy: inability to disprove does not prove

this seems to be a russell's teapot scenario.

Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy first coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872

Belva wrote:

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
          Editing a comment

LOL @ Christians ****************ting in their trousers by fear of Hell because they where reading the bible.

Belva wrote:

I can't provide a link because liberals removed it from the internet.

Comment

Belva wrote:

Comment

The only evidences for god are gaps in scientific knowledge, willful or otherwise.
            Information is not knowledge
            Knowledge is not wisdom
            Wisdom is not truth
            Truth is not beauty
            Beauty is not love
            Love is not music.
            Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
              Used2BMarkoh commented
              Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
              The only evidences for god are gaps in scientific knowledge, willful or otherwise.

Science itself is evidence for God, both the fact that nature is reliable and the fact that humans are able to observe it as a distinct entity.

Markoh:

Science itself is evidence for God, both the fact that nature is reliable and the fact that humans are able to observe it as a distinct entity.
            -------------------
            Lets clarify this statement... science itself is evidence for God, except when it's not.
            Knowledge is not wisdom
            Wisdom is not truth
            Truth is not beauty
            Beauty is not love
            Love is not music.
            Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

The title of the arcticle says "in court", but the body of the article says something entirely different.  It sounds like more a dog and pony show tryiung to impress people with artifices like a bailiff and a court reporter, etc. and harken back to Scopes

I do wonder if the person suggesting the "trial" realizes that CA is a frye state.

Comment

Belva wrote:

###### Why can't I post anything here anymore??? ######

Comment

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
                  Editing a comment

One of the worst thing Christian do is that they insult all people who believe in another God then their Christian God.

I really don't know how we evolved, but evolution is occurring in my lifetime and yours. That doesn't prove that we evolved from nothing, but evolution is a functional theory that you can use to make usable predictions. Evolution theory predicts that African elephants will evolve shorter tusks due to ivory demands by humans. It's actually happening and if we ever quit killing them for their ivory, their tusks would evolve longer again. (The longer tusks are useful for finding water during the dry season.) Evolution in action. Bigger breasts, shorter tusks...... There are numerous examples of evolution working. (And not a single example of a useful prediction from intelligent design.)

Comment

• Used2BMarkoh
                  Used2BMarkoh commented
                  Editing a comment

WynnD wrote:
                  I really don't know how we evolved, but evolution is occurring in my lifetime and yours. That doesn't prove that we evolved from nothing, but evolution is a functional theory that you can use to make usable predictions.
                  So far so good.
                  Evolution theory predicts that African elephants will evolve shorter tusks due to ivory demands by humans. It's actually happening and if we ever quit killing them for their ivory, their tusks would evolve longer again.
                  And now let's play the game again where I point out what's wrong with this and it completely doesn't register with you. This is not evolution, there are no mutations involved. I'm not even sure it's genetics, where different combinations of existing information enable a population to adapt to different conditions. It's probably what we'd call 'dithering' in my business. That's where random noise, random variation is filtered down to make some circuit operate at an optimal, or at least useful, range. A crystal oscillator is an example of this. So humans are filtering the noise variation in tusk length.
                  (And not a single example of a useful prediction from intelligent design.)
                  Every time a researcher asks "what is the purpose of this organ" he is using an intelligent design model. So, the expectation, the prediction, of finding a purpose is what drives most useful medical research, as a for instance.

Moonlightin:
                Very convenient. I call this ^ an excuse to NOT do anything.
                ----------------
                I have a miniature pink unicorn living in my house. Oh you don't believe me? Well then prove that I don't. Oh you can't do that? Well miniature pink unicorns must exist then!
                Knowledge is not wisdom
                Wisdom is not truth
                Truth is not beauty
                Beauty is not love
                Love is not music.
                Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• moonlightin
                  moonlightin commented
                  Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
                  Moonlightin:
                  Very convenient. I call this ^ an excuse to NOT do anything.
                  ----------------
                  I have a miniature pink unicorn living in my house. Oh you don't believe me? Well then prove that I don't. Oh you can't do that? Well miniature pink unicorns must exist then!

Since I haven't seen whether you do or not I will sit on the fence and let you continue to believe what you will.... I just know I haven't felt your pink unicorns "hand" in my life.

.... And when a researcher asks what is the purpose of this tumor?
                Knowledge is not wisdom
                Wisdom is not truth
                Truth is not beauty
                Beauty is not love
                Love is not music.
                Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• moonlightin
                  moonlightin commented
                  Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
                  .... And when a researcher asks what is the purpose of this tumor?

Nobody said walking on planet earth was going to be easy. I believe we are sent here to learn... and to teach. Some just have a lot further to go.

Working...
              X