No announcement yet.

Acoustic People

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic People

So a friend of mine is in the market for a new git and is asking my advice. Problem is if it's not a strat I really don't have any idea what to look for. He wants an acoustic with a lot of bang for the buck. He could actually spend a lot, but doesn't want to worry too much about it getting banged up. Suggestions?

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Opposite Day wrote:

So a friend of mine is in the market for a new git and is asking my advice. Problem is if it's not a strat I really don't have any idea what to look for. He wants an acoustic with a lot of bang for the buck. He could actually spend a lot, but doesn't want to worry too much about it getting banged up. Suggestions?

Blueridge.  The perfect solution.

v

Attached Files

Comment

• Opposite Day
      Opposite Day commented
      Editing a comment

Davo17 wrote:

Opposite Day wrote:

Blueridge.  The perfect solution.

v

Niiice! That looks like it might work! Thanks man!

Attached Files

TheConscienceOfTheKing116-Ar.jpg

He might want one of these. (I mean the harp.)

Attached Files

Comment

Cool guy in a Vulcan Harp build thread shows how to make your own out of sangria boxes. 

http://www.therpf.com/f9/star-trek-tos-spocks-vulcan-harp-lyre-128004/

Comment

• Opposite Day
        Opposite Day commented
        Editing a comment

Zig al-din wrote:

Cool guy in a Vulcan Harp build thread shows how to make your own out of sangria boxes. 

Damn!!! That is some serious nerd dedication. Then he has to learn how to play the thing.

I remember thinking there wasn't a lot of Spock/Uhura romance in TOS for the latest movies to draw on. But there is that scene where she's kinda singing the flirty song about him looking all devilish.

• The Badger
        The Badger commented
        Editing a comment

Zig al-din wrote:

Interesting build, but I'd be far more impressed if he could actually play a tune on it.

Zig al-din wrote:

Here it is. Set your tricorder on "oh yeah" mode. 

Fascinating. It looks like the "main tuning knob" stressed or released all the strings, while the smaller buttons acted like "sharp" or "flat" pedals. I wonder what the shop design for building the Vulcan Harp looks like?

Comment

• Opposite Day
        Opposite Day commented
        Editing a comment

Zig al-din wrote:

Bitter dregs!!d

Attached Files

Opposite Day wrote:

Best Acoustic guitar EVER for true "Acoustic People"!

Acoustic 01

Acoustic 02

Acoustic 03

Attached Files
      Originally Posted by GIR unit:
      "Yet another thoughtful, temperate and informed response from the always delightful and informed Sonar."

Comment

• fatback
        fatback commented
        Editing a comment

Well Godin are a good range (Sea Gull, Norman Simon Peter, and the other one)  I had the Norman but liked the Simon Peter when I played some of them.  My main guitar is a Crafter Slot headed 000 size.  Nice guitar for the price.

Phil

• Davo17
        Davo17 commented
        Editing a comment

Sonar wrote:

Opposite Day wrote:

Best Acoustic guitar EVER for true "Acoustic People"!

Acoustic 01

Acoustic 02

Acoustic 03

Is that your amp in the backround?  Whats the deal?  Never heard of mosright amps

Attached Files

Taylor Big Baby

Comment

• Opposite Day
        Opposite Day commented
        Editing a comment

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. He's pretty much just a casual player, so we probably want to get something that doesn't make you work too hard.

Larrivee -03 Series.  Very good North American instruments at reasonable prices.  The L-03 model is a great all around guitar, equally capable for fingerstyle, strumming or flatpicking, without compromise.

Eastman - Decent Asian instruments at very reasonable prices. 

Guild GAD - Very good Asian instruments using Guild designs.

Comment

Yamaha LJ-16.
        <thread end>

Comment

Thank you again for all the great input everyone. We ended up getting a pretty good deal on a Martin after all that. d But I know a hell of a lot more about acoustics now.

Attached Files

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

• erok123
            erok123 commented
            Editing a comment

Opposite Day wrote:

Thank you again for all the great input everyone. We ended up getting a pretty good deal on a Martin after all that. d But I know a hell of a lot more about acoustics now.

I never liked to play acoustics until I got my hands on a decent one. Now I play a lot more acoustic then electric. There is a "pureness" or something to it that's hard to explain. It's a very expressive thing to play.

I hope your friend enjoys it.

Attached Files

Working...
        X