Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leftist

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leftist

    FAU Professor In

    Change Liberals can believe in...Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you.

  • #2

    Holy **************** are you tedius. Do you have ****************ing ANY other stories to post?

    Comment


    • #3
      I applaud the university. Diversity should be encouraged and varying beliefs respected, especially in a setting of higher education.
      Information is not knowledge
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

      - Frank Zappa

      Comment


      • #4
        Another "leftist" troll thread. Shocking
        "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

        Comment


        • Hoppy Shimko
          Hoppy Shimko commented
          Editing a comment

          reported: trolling, flooding, offensive.  i encourage everyone to do the same. Report him until Phil removes him


      • #5

        burningsg wrote:

        These Leftist college profs need to be closely monitored....  


        When I want an opinion on college, I'll ask somebody who has been to one. 

         

        Comment


        • moonlightin
          moonlightin commented
          Editing a comment

          Zooey wrote:

          burningsg wrote:

          These Leftist college profs need to be closely monitored....  


          When I want an opinion on college, I'll ask somebody who has been to one. 

           


          icon\_lol.gif

          Attached Files

      • #6

        burningsg wrote:

        FAU Professor In

        .

        Comment


        • Minning Around
          Minning Around commented
          Editing a comment

          He should be on leave. He deserves it.

          Let religion stand on it's own...and then fall flat on it's face like it always does. There's no need to stomp on it.


      • #7
        SloppySanta:
        While at times the topics discussed may be sensitive, a university environment is a venue for such dialogue and debate.
        Information is not knowledge
        Knowledge is not wisdom
        Wisdom is not truth
        Truth is not beauty
        Beauty is not love
        Love is not music.
        Music Is The Best.

        - Frank Zappa

        Comment


        • Sloppy Santa
          Sloppy Santa commented
          Editing a comment

          photon9 wrote:
          SloppySanta:
          While at times the topics discussed may be sensitive, a university environment is a venue for such dialogue and debate.

      • #8
        Sloppy:
        So you think the whole point of the exercise was to write Jesus on a piece of paper, stomp on it, and then "nothing"? That's ridiculous. Obviously this was about something bigger, something worth thinking about, and something worth debating.

        The sense of "entitlement" of this group is quite interesting.
        ---------------------
        It could have been done in a way that wasn't targeting a specific group. That is the issue. Considering especially that most likely the class was a diverse group of students and the exercise would not be meaningful to many of them, what would there be to discuss?
        Information is not knowledge
        Knowledge is not wisdom
        Wisdom is not truth
        Truth is not beauty
        Beauty is not love
        Love is not music.
        Music Is The Best.

        - Frank Zappa

        Comment


        • Sloppy Santa
          Sloppy Santa commented
          Editing a comment

          photon9 wrote:
          Sloppy:
          So you think the whole point of the exercise was to write Jesus on a piece of paper, stomp on it, and then "nothing"? That's ridiculous. Obviously this was about something bigger, something worth thinking about, and something worth debating.

          The sense of "entitlement" of this group is quite interesting.
          ---------------------
          It could have been done in a way that wasn't targeting a specific group. That is the issue.

           

          You're right. The teacher could have said: "Take a piece of paper, write your saviour's name on it," etc. and then perhaps some would have written "god", some "jesus", some "allah" or whatever etc. But most likely most students were christians and the teacher never gave that more thought. So perhaps he could have. However:

           

          photon9 wrote:
          Considering especially that most likely the class was a diverse group of students and the exercise would not be meaningful to many of them, what would there be to discuss?

           

           Even if these christians, or this christian felt offended or singled out, there would be something to discuss exactly because there was a reaction to begin with, yes? And one wonders if your argument now is that he unfairly targeted Christians but that the actual method itself was sound? I wonder that because you're now arguing that the method wasn't meaningful to anyone who didn't feel like this particular student. So it sounds as if you think it was meaningful but discriminatory; is that your opinion?


      • #9
        Maybe the prof should have given them all baby dolls and chef knives and told the students to stab them?
        Information is not knowledge
        Knowledge is not wisdom
        Wisdom is not truth
        Truth is not beauty
        Beauty is not love
        Love is not music.
        Music Is The Best.

        - Frank Zappa

        Comment


        • Just Me
          Just Me commented
          Editing a comment

          photon9 wrote:
          Maybe the prof should have given them all baby dolls and chef knives and told the students to stab them?

          hmmmm..

           

          you might want to keep your personal fantasies out of the discussion. Makes you sound creepy.


        • Sloppy Santa
          Sloppy Santa commented
          Editing a comment

          photon9 wrote:
          Maybe the prof should have given them all baby dolls and chef knives and told the students to stab them?

           

          Yeah, because that would have made the same point but at a higher cost so it makes perfect sense. You must be a fiscal conservative?













      Working...
      X