No announcement yet.

This will help Texans feel safe

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will help Texans feel safe

A Republican state representative in Texas is calling to cut the number of hours of training required to obtain a concealed-carry permit by more than half, but shooting instructors say that the proposal would create a public safety hazard.

State Rep. Dan Flynn (R) recently introduced House Bill 47, which would reduce class hours from 10 hours to four, and remove the requirement for instruction on handgun

~~I was not. I was. I am not. I do not care

our you shure his name aint Darrell ??

__________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

"You think Texas would be wise to cut the required time in half?"

Probably not.

Comment

• Sloppy Santa
        Sloppy Santa commented
        Editing a comment

I'm all for it. Funny stuff.

Let me see if I have this right.

Texas wants to cut the class/range hours from ten to four.  Range owners and shooting instructors object.

This is correct?

How much of the complaint by the range owners and instructors is motivated by monetary loss that would result in less class and range hours?

It seems to me that the claim is motivated by monetary loss using a buzz word taught to them by Bush and Obama administrations of "Public safety," rather than any real concern for public safety.

Comment

• Zooey
        Zooey commented
        Editing a comment

Ugh, that image of the little girl is creeping me out.  That's not just a "life lesson."  That is potential permanent disfigurement. 

• Sloppy Santa
        Sloppy Santa commented
        Editing a comment

normh wrote:

Let me see if I have this right.

Texas wants to cut the class/range hours from ten to four.  Range owners and shooting instructors object.

This is correct?

How much of the complaint by the range owners and instructors is motivated by monetary loss that would result in less class and range hours?

It seems to me that the claim is motivated by monetary loss using a buzz word taught to them by Bush and Obama administrations of "Public safety," rather than any real concern for public safety.

One doesn't exclude the other. Just because they're predominantly concerned with their own profits doesn't mean that public safety wouldn't be compromised with less education.

Personally, I can't even recall how many hours I got education on our assault rifles during military service. It was a hell of a lot more than 4 hours though.

Working...
    X