Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giant tarantula discovered in Sri Lanka!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant tarantula discovered in Sri Lanka!

The newly discovered Poecilotheria rajaei tarantula. (Ramil Nanayakkara)

A large species of tarantula, roughly the size of an adult human face, has been discovered in Sri Lanka.

And while the venom of the Poecilotheria rajaei is not lethal to humans, there

“The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything”

Albert Einstein

It tastes like King Crab!

Check out my #365SongChallenge this year! http://mattsams.bandcamp.com and follow me on Twitter @Somnistatic

Comment

as much as i would empty a 30 shot clip, they are pretty amazing!!!

Comment

• Hoppy Shimko
        Hoppy Shimko commented
        Editing a comment

What does this have to do with politics ? I suggest you keep your "chit-chat" regulated to your social media or blog. If you feel compelled to share it, then put it in Open Jam where the forum isn't specifically purposed. I won't report it this time, but if you persist, I'll be forced to in the future. Consider this your last warning about these nonsensical threads.

Hoddy wrote:

The newly discovered Poecilotheria rajaei tarantula. (Ramil Nanayakkara)

A large species of tarantula, roughly the size of an adult human face, has been discovered in Sri Lanka.

And while the venom of the Poecilotheria rajaei is not lethal to humans, there

Comment

• NOS68
        NOS68 commented
        Editing a comment

She's Lasiodora parahybana, the Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula and should get to have about a 9 inch legspan when fully grown. Fascinating creatures to observe.

juyb 020.jpg

Attached Files

• Zeopold
        Zeopold commented
        Editing a comment

NOS68 wrote: Pocie's are some off the best looking T's out there, they also have some of the nastiest venom. A trip to the hospital if a kid or elderly gets nailed, they also have a nasty attitude. Here's my big girl
        juyb 004.jpg

A friend of mine had a Tarantula. She stopped eating and anchored her feet to the ground with her web.

He thought she was dying, but on our return to his house after a night out we were shocked to see what appeared to be 2 Tarantulas in her tank. Closer inspection revealed that she had shed her skin.

One of the freakiest things I've seen :catsurprised:

Attached Files

Working...
    X