No announcement yet.

Anyone Still Use a Phase Pedal?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Still Use a Phase Pedal?

That sound kind of got lost for many years. I had the classic MXR 90. I think I sold it for $100. I'd get much more today. Anyone still in the 70's fix

This is the one in my guitar pedal board.  I don

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
    Hate is like taking poison, hoping the other guy gets sick.

How above being tricked are you? Take the test
    ---->
    HERE

Comment

• Stonedtone
      Stonedtone commented
      Editing a comment

Marko wrote:

This is the one in my guitar pedal board.  I don

I have an MXR EVH Phase 90 on my pedalboard, for when I was playing with my funk/R&B group.  It sounds awesome with distortion and auto-wah. 

I swapped my old pedals for a Line 6 M13 but I still have a phase sound patched in and ready to go. 

Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

• Caulk Rocket
      Caulk Rocket commented
      Editing a comment

• Stonedtone
      Stonedtone commented
      Editing a comment

Alecto wrote:

I have an MXR EVH Phase 90 on my pedalboard, for when I was playing with my funk/R&B group.  It sounds awesome with distortion and auto-wah. 

I swapped my old pedals for a Line 6 M13 but I still have a phase sound patched in and ready to go. 

Sorry. I hope you didn't ditch some nice pedals. The Line 6 won't get you where good pedals will.

My first 'real' (debatable) amp was a Peavey Deuce, (basically a loud POS with SS pre, tube power) that had a really fantastic phase shifter built in.

I had no use for it playing da blooze, but it was cool.
    Stumblin' thru da ghost town.....

Comment

• Alndln3
      Alndln3 commented
      Editing a comment

MXR Phase 90. Bought when it first came out and loved it briefly then, hate that souind now. I forgot what I did with it. I haven't used any pedals since the mid 80's.

My main phaser is a Lovetone Doppelganger. I also have a Boss PH-1r and a couple of other ones, but the Boss and the Lovetone are the two that I have mounted on one of my pedalboards.

The Lovetone is awesome. It's very versatile. One of my favorite things about it is that it can be set for really slow LFO times - to where it takes several seconds to cycle. It's great for adding subtle "movement" to the sound, without an overly obvious "swoosh" effect.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• jorhay1
      jorhay1 commented
      Editing a comment

Since one cannot speak of politics on the Pedals Forum without a ban as a consequence,

I wonder if one may be banned on the poltical forum for speaking of Pedals.

• coyote-1
      coyote-1 commented
      Editing a comment

I always hated pedals that add something onto, rather than manipulate, the guitar signal. Most phasers fall into that category.

uni

Attached Files
    "Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever is either a madman or an economist." Kenneth Boulding

Comment

• chuckgp
      chuckgp commented
      Editing a comment

Alesis ModFX Faze, but lust for an Eventide Mod Factor

I have one... can't remember the last time I used it
    I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll be glad to take a look

Float like a butterfly, sting like VD

What happens up north, stays up north

Comment

• LARRY L
      LARRY L commented
      Editing a comment

20121215\_20.JPG

I never liked my digital phaser on my Boss ME50 so I ended up making one from Guitar Gadgets. The hardest part was sorting through all the resistors and stuff. I made a stencil and painted the case. This script version is nice and warm with an internal trim pod. It not too overbearing made with good components. It is more compllicated than my Champ tube amp build I just posted not long ago. They give you a ready to go PC board. The tone in better than the pre made ones so if you have some time, you may want to build one. True by pass, battery or AC adapter, w/ light.

For some songs we do it fits in well and gives that added touch.

Attached Files

Working...
X