The Right/NRA did a good job

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Right/NRA did a good job

I trust someone gets a bonus. 

After all said and done we might get some restrictions on transfers of guns and increased background checks.  High capacity mags, no.  I guess pheasant hunters need more than a few shots.  Or maybe deer.  Those ****************ers just sit there while you unload 30 shots at them.

I have owned shotguns in the past that by law are plugged to 3 shots.  I own a handgun.  What has happened here is a disgrace.  High cap mags should be outlawed.

Most of us aren't dumb to this, but we don't have big money behind us to do what is right.  It sucks. 

http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/I-smeared-bacon-fat-on-my-strat-now-it-stinks/td-p/16697195

The gun violence lobbyist win
    I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll be glad to take a look

Float like a butterfly, sting like VD

What happens up north, stays up north

Comment

They sucked they are going to give obama a win buy voting for tougher laws at gun shows.

Comment

• guido61
        guido61 commented
        Editing a comment

Steven Right wrote:

They sucked they are going to give obama a win buy voting for tougher laws at gun shows.

And this is a problem....why?

• guido61
        guido61 commented
        Editing a comment

Steven Right wrote:

Nevermind.  I see now that the answer was already in your post!

• Gromit
        Gromit commented
        Editing a comment

Steven Right wrote:

Is 'giving Obama a win' even relevant?  Surely there are more important issues in this debate than political poit scoring, either for or against any politician.

They need 30 rounds because they are crappy shots
      I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll be glad to take a look

Float like a butterfly, sting like VD

What happens up north, stays up north

Comment

• Tom Hicks
        Tom Hicks commented
        Editing a comment

i might believe in the existence of the anti dead-child point of view. but isn't categorizing them as anti-gun a bit of a reach?

• savoldi
        savoldi commented
        Editing a comment

55gibby wrote:
        They need 30 rounds because they are crappy shots

Well. If there's no difference to shooters whether they have a10 or 30 round magazine, did the Newtown shooter have any other options available to him other than taking 30 round clips?

What do you define as high capacity? What % of crimes involving shooting involved such clips/ mags?

Comment

• Into Nation
        Into Nation commented
        Editing a comment

prolurkerguy wrote:
        What do you define as high capacity? What % of crimes involving shooting involved such clips/ mags?

This is common sense stuff.  Consider you in the Hunger Games, your opponent gets 10 round mags or 30 round mags.  You favor life.  You choose which?

Wake up.

• savoldi
        savoldi commented
        Editing a comment

prolurkerguy wrote:

Why don't you ask the parents of those dead kids? I'm sure that's one of their major concerns.

• BA.Barcolounger
        BA.Barcolounger commented
        Editing a comment

prolurkerguy wrote:
        What do you define as high capacity?

More than 10 rounds. NY passed a law limiting it to 7. Cuomo is already looking at taking that part of the law out for feasibility reasons.

prolurkerguy wrote:
        What % of crimes involving shooting involved such clips/ mags?

Overall crime - no idea. But the recent spate of "crazy person walking into a group of people in a school/theater/temple/mall/congesswoman-photo-op and spraying the crowd" incidents are simply awash with high capacity usage.

Didn't answer my questions, what a shock.

Comment

^^ wouldn't that need to be defined in order to craft a good bill? Weird how hard it is for some of you to answer simple questions/ discuss things.

Comment

Funny that libs/left only cared about gun control after rich white kids got killed.

Decades of minority youth murders in dem controlled inner-cities never mattered to them.

I wonder why....

Comment

• BA.Barcolounger
            BA.Barcolounger commented
            Editing a comment

nedezero1 wrote:

Funny that libs/left only cared about gun control after rich white kids got killed.

Decades of minority youth murders in dem controlled inner-cities never mattered to them.

I wonder why....

How many gun threads did you participate in after Columbine, Clackamas, Aurora, Madison, etc.

It has mattered for a long time, you have actively argued against them for a long time.

You just seem to conveniently forget all of those arguments you had.

• kav
            kav commented
            Editing a comment

nedezero1 wrote:

I wonder why....

Really? Naturally, you have a link to the history of gun control efforts in the US to back this bold claim. Please post it for our reading enjoyment.

• Just Me
            Just Me commented
            Editing a comment

nedezero1 wrote:

I wonder why....

See, and I thought the party lines was "Libs have always been the gun grabbing, nanny staters..."

But now I guess the NEW talkng point is that "Libs never cared about guns until rich white kids got killed..."

I guess I haven't been keeping up with the latest round of histrionics by conservatives. Thanks for keeping us all informed.

Into: Thanks.

Comment

Flat out wrong.

Into Nation wrote:

I trust someone gets a bonus. 

After all said and done we might get some restrictions on transfers of guns and increased background checks.  High capacity mags, no.  I guess pheasant hunters need more than a few shots.  Or maybe deer.  Those ****************ers just sit there while you unload 30 shots at them.

I have owned shotguns in the past that by law are plugged to 3 shots.  I own a handgun.  What has happened here is a disgrace.  High cap mags should be outlawed.

Most of us aren't dumb to this, but we don't have big money behind us to do what is right.  It sucks. 

You have the big money behind your cause courtesy of Bloomberg and Soros. In spite of your crass capitalizing on the deaths of some children, you don't have the numbers, either.

We have the numbers, and the truth on our side. The money raised and spent by the hated NRA comes largely from the annual dues of it's members. Not a couple of insane control freaks.

**************** your shotgun. Show me where it says anything about hunting in the Constitution.

No one cares about your stage stuff.

Comment

• guido61
              guido61 commented
              Editing a comment

Mr.NiceGuy wrote:

**************** your shotgun. Show me where it says anything about hunting in the Constitution.

Why does it need to?  The right to keep and bear arms for such purposes is included.

What do you think the right to keep and bear arms actually IS, anyway?

Into Nation wrote:

High cap mags should be outlawed.

There are literally millions and millions of hi cap mags in the US. Three instances occurred using them and you want to outlaw them? Aren't you overreacting a wee bit?

Comment

• Into Nation
              Into Nation commented
              Editing a comment

Telecruiser wrote:

Into Nation wrote:

High cap mags should be outlawed.

There are literally millions and millions of hi cap mags in the US. Three instances occurred using them and you want to outlaw them? Aren't you overreacting a wee bit?

No, I don't think I'm overreacting.  So often the perpetrator is stopped during a reload, so it only makes sense to me.  I'm willing to listen though.

Why SHOULD these magazines be available to the general public?  What purpose do they serve, and what freedom will be lost if they are not available?  In other words, what is the downside?

I'm proud that my wife, daughter and myself are all lifetime NRA members!

Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X