Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else notice a bit of irony among gun people right now?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else notice a bit of irony among gun people right now?

The biggest fear of gun people is that guns and ammo will be less available.

So, gun people panic anytime anyone anywhere so much as farts in way that sort of sounds like the words "gun control" and in spite of a ****************ty economy, manage to buy the living **************** out of all guns and ammo to point where demand exceeds supply on an almost surreal level, thus limiting gun & ammo availability in a way that will give any brady foundation member a super-boner.

Irony!!

There's not of logic or consistancy behind many of these people.   These are often the same people who worry about the US government having the ability to use military force to come and take away their guns but support the US having the biggest military in the world and voting constantly for it to be even bigger at the same time.  It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Comment

• Noreaster
      Noreaster commented
      Editing a comment

I've always found the mentality of harders and doomsday preppers messed up and sad. As though any single individual or even family unit could survive as an island in the unlikely event society did collapse.

I'm also wondering where people are getting their money in these economically ****************ty times. Ammo wasn't cheap before the panic.

I was marveling at the empty ammo shelves at Wal-Mart today.

• Ed
      Ed commented
      Editing a comment

guido61 wrote:

There's not of logic or consistancy behind many of these people.   These are often the same people who worry about the US government having the ability to use military force to come and take away their guns but support the US having the biggest military in the world and voting constantly for it to be even bigger at the same time.  It doesn't make a lot of sense.

If the US military was the only military in the universe, then yes, it would be illogical. Since it is not, it is quite logical.

They want bigger guns for the US military to protect them, and they want bigger guns for themselves for the same reason. Perfectly logical.

Noreaster wrote:

The biggest fear of gun people is that guns and ammo will be less available.

So, gun people panic anytime anyone anywhere so much as farts in way that sort of sounds like the words "gun control" and in spite of a ****************ty economy, manage to buy the living **************** out of all guns and ammo to point where demand exceeds supply on an almost surreal level, thus limiting gun & ammo availability in a way that will give any brady foundation member a super-boner.

Irony!!

I'm a 'gun person'...that's not my biggest fear.

Roll Tide!!!!!

Comment

I was quite surprised to find four boxes of higher-end 40S&W ammo sitting in the case at the local WalMart, as there has been a line of around 8 or more people there each day at 8 a.m., which must be the time they put the new inventory.  Normally the case has been completely empty except for bird-hunting shotshells and real oddball calibers for hunting rifles.  This can only mean that most of the people have quit buying, probably in-response to whatever info was released about any new regulations.

So, it appears that the weird run on guns/ammo may be abating a bit.  I have noticed that prices have been reduced on some of the assault-rifle components as well, as the demand must have slowed.

Stay above this line.

Good Trades with: recovery, sumphead, here2trade, Hodder, JoshuaTSP, justinhedrick, Foorever, xstraightedgesh, bendedavis, hvymtl939, DracoAran, pinto79, itkindaworks, torgeot, Coverdale, guitarded84, schaeffy (x2), King CAD, Dash4814, guitarsignals, Mike Fiasco, divadc, teleman (x2), ecdrevolution, tomh777, bluesthug, fxloop, bluesrock70's, Chevyman95, Suit & Tie Guy, theepicproblem, filster2, rll, aehoff, nbabmf, shooto, Viper Jazz, api4u, FenderP, KingdomGuitar

Comment

Working...
      X