Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrorist Plots, Hatched by the F.B.I.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorist Plots, Hatched by the F.B.I.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/terrorist-plots-helped-along-by-the-fbi.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0 

THE United States has been narrowly saved from lethal terrorist plots in recent years

Man's Got To Know His Limitations........

Ok, I'll admit it, I opened this thread to laugh at alex jones.

I was surprised to find a well written article worthy of discussion.

Did spamcrapper forget to change alts?

On topic, I have no problem busting these morons even if they are led into it, but I have to question if this is an effective use taxpayer funded law-enforcement.

Comment

Radicalized by the FBI. Interesting. Sometimes it really is hard to tell the "bad guys" from the "good guys".

Comment

We can try to CREATE criminals, or we can try to prevent people from becoming that. For rational people that's an easy choice.

Comment

Moral of the story: if someone offers to help you murder a bunch of innocent people, say "no." It's a lot to ask, I know.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

• 360vodka
            360vodka commented
            Editing a comment
            and thats the way you do it! good call Op day!

• Sloppy Santa
            Sloppy Santa commented
            Editing a comment

Opposite Day wrote:

Moral of the story: if someone offers to help you murder a bunch of innocent people, say "no." It's a lot to ask, I know.

Exactly. And if they say "no" just keep asking them for months just to be sure. Right? Money well spent?

You don't get it, do you? If months of pressure is required, what do you suppose would have happened without it? Most likely the exact same thing that happened before he said "yes"... Nothing.

Comment

"April 28, 2012"

Did the OP notice that this is a year old?  That it is an Op-Ed opinion piece?

Did the OP realize that the point the author is making is NOT that the FBI is in a vast conspiracy to hatch terrorist plots, but that the FBI is DESPERATE to show they aren't totally ineffective against terrorism and are doing so by BARELY staying clear of the "Entrapment" line and sometimes not even.

The writer's point is that the FBI's M.O. to stop terrorism is all PR and doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of stopping another 9/11 WTC attack, as we tragically learned on Monday.

The OP missed it in his usual hunt for government conspiracies.

Comment

Yanktar, what did the op say that missed the point?

Comment

• yanktar
                yanktar commented
                Editing a comment

Sloppy Santa wrote:
                Yanktar, what did the op say that missed the point?

At the risk of getting banned, the OP ALWAYS misses the point, hunting for conspiracies that aren't there.

I'm just wondering if he was actually saying there was a conspiracy.

Comment

• Notu
                Notu commented
                Editing a comment

If LEOs can get people to admit to murders they didn't do and give up their lives to rot in a cage, then I don't find it difficult to imagine they can get people to do damn near anything under the sun.

Working...
            X