Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Difference Between A "Conservative" Talk Radio Host And A "Liberal" Commentator

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Difference Between A "Conservative" Talk Radio Host And A "Liberal" Commentator

The "Liberal Commentator" finished graduate school.

The "Conservatives" dropped out of college.

Woah, i was not aware of all these. But they make so much sense. Annnd, while reading a little about Glenn Beck at wikipedia, I think I just found the most powerful argument against marijuana legalization I've ever seen: "[Beck] said he stopped drinking alcohol and smoking cannabis in November 1994, the same month he attended his first AA meeting.[33] Beck later said that he had gotten high every day for the previous 15 years, since the age of 16.[25]"

My band!:
    www.steelphantoms.com/
    my stage stuff:
    fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

• The Badger
      The Badger commented
      Editing a comment

arcadesonfire wrote:

Woah, i was not aware of all these. But they make so much sense. Annnd, while reading a little about Glenn Beck at wikipedia, I think I just found the most powerful argument against marijuana legalization I've ever seen: "[Beck] said he stopped drinking alcohol and smoking cannabis in November 1994, the same month he attended his first AA meeting.[33] Beck later said that he had gotten high every day for the previous 15 years, since the age of 16.[25]"

If Glenn Beck has been drinking and smoking cannabis all these years, that may explain a few things.

• yumpy
      yumpy commented
      Editing a comment

arcadesonfire wrote:

beck is an admitted alkie. no secret, there. pot? big deal. 

lol! 

The Badger wrote:

then again, 

rachel who?

what about bill o? 

who hasn't quit college and made it? who has? 

kris kristopherson is a rhodes scholar. so? hawking holds, what, the newton chair? 

you want to hear these guys giving you the "news"? 

u think education has any bearing on opinions? really? 

if you do, look up the rest of the fox presenters. 

Comment

• Graeca
      Graeca commented
      Editing a comment

yumpy wrote:

The Badger wrote:

then again, 

rachel who?

what about bill o? 

kris kristopherson is a rhodes scholar. so? hawking holds, what, the newton chair? 

You have no idea about what a great job you've done in proving the OP's point...do you?

• The Badger
      The Badger commented
      Editing a comment

yumpy wrote:

The Badger wrote:

then again, 

rachel who? Maddow. Look her up on YouTube. 

what about bill o? I did look up Bill O'Rilley. Yes, he does have several college degrees, including masters degrees in journalism (Boston University) and public administration (John F. Kennedy School of Government.) As impressive as his resume is on paper, the Terms of Service do not allow me to say what I think of Bill O'Rilley. His education does not excuse his opinionated, tempestuous, abusive and behavior. He got his degrees because he was smart. But he's still an ass, albeit a smart ass.

I quit college. Then I went back again. Four times. And I have the diplomas to prove it.

Stephen Hawking did hold the Sir Isaac Newton chair for physics at Cambridge, until he retired. 
      But that is given to someone who has established credentials and made notable 
      contributions to science. 

Not really. 

Education suggests intelligence, and there really is such a thing as an "informed opinion."

"No thanks," said the gynecologist, "I'd rather not look up any of those women." 

Now did you have a point to make, or are you just casting dispersions in order to defend your intellectual turf?

• Just Me
      Just Me commented
      Editing a comment

yumpy wrote:

The Badger wrote:

then again, 

rachel who?

what about bill o? 

That right there is hilarious, and a little unbelievable....

Are you saying education has no bearing on the validity of one's opinions?

Don't know about you but, I'll take the medical opinion of a doctor over that of a bus driver any day.

But that's just me....

Degrees in "Public Policy" and "Poli Sci" are basically like not having any degrees at all for most people.

The fact that Beck, Hannity, or Limbaugh didn't need  those degrees to become more successful than MadCow proves this.

Comment

• Tom Hicks
      Tom Hicks commented
      Editing a comment

look at the target audiences in each case and the level of education for these various folks is quite apropriate to their intended audience.

yes, a chart.

education

Attached Files

• Meeloshxyz
      Meeloshxyz commented
      Editing a comment

nedezero1 wrote:

Degrees in "Public Policy" and "Poli Sci" are basically like not having any degrees at all for most people.

The fact that Beck, Hannity, or Limbaugh didn't need  those degrees to become more successful than MadCow proves this.

Successful at what?  Being regarded as complete jokes by most educated people?

• The Badger
      The Badger commented
      Editing a comment

nedezero1 wrote:

Yes, and what is your PhD in? 

There is a difference between being "successful" and being intellectually gifted.Tto be a "success," all you need is to be loud, obnoxious and pushy; basically, a loud, abrasive clown. Not everybody is able to stoop so low.

If "Ignorance Is Bliss," they must be among the happiest people in the world, being grossly overpaid and completely unhampered by fact. But they're still ahead of you, Ned -- they get paid to be pests, you do it here for free.

Meeloshxyz wrote:
      nedezero1 wrote:

Successful at what?  Being regarded as complete jokes by most educated people?

Successful at making a living spouting loud lunacy. This should not be confused with being successful at providing the world with something worth while. 

thankyou wrote:

I've always wanted to call the Limbaugh show and start giving him props about what an intelligent and insightful individual he is, then say that I was planning to send my kids to college and ask him where he graduated.

He didn't just drop out of college, he didn't make it a year in community college.  His wealthy family appears to have a lot to do with getting him a start in radio.

Now, now, let's not go getting all factual on Ned. You know how he hates that.

snebarekim wrote:
      thankyou wrote:

I've always wanted to call the Limbaugh show and start giving him props about what an intelligent and insightful individual he is, then say that I was planning to send my kids to college and ask him where he graduated.

He didn't just drop out of college, he didn't make it a year in community college.  His wealthy family appears to have a lot to do with getting him a start in radio.

Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck = hot air. Agreed.

Same with Maddow. But it's not as hot nor as imbicilic as the other folks. 

Why waste your breath bothering with any of them? I don't. I listen to NPR.

(Would have to admit though, that would be a good on air "gotcha" if you got away with it.)

How sweet it would be, especially if Limbaugh was lambasting someone who had a PhD or two and had written an exhaustively researched book.

The Badger wrote:

Maddow is "news" now then?

Since she has admitted she is "left of Mao", can we hear how so much of the MSM "news" doesnt have a left bias again?

BTW, your poster only proves that many with education (even at ivy league schools) can still be devoid of common sense.

Comment

Working...
    X