No announcement yet.

Why Obama is his own worst enemy

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Obama is his own worst enemy

Convenience Store News covers the findings of a new AAA consumer price index that shows $3.44 per gallon is the tipping point at which 50 percent of U.S. adults consider gasoline prices too high. The index also tracks other consumer attitudes, finding that drivers say they respond to higher gas prices by driving less (86 percent), reducing shopping or dining out (71 percent), driving more fuel efficient cars (54 percent) and delaying major purchases (53 percent).

He

Brave Ulysses wrote:

Convenience Store News covers the findings of a new AAA consumer price index that shows $3.44 per gallon is the tipping point at which 50 percent of U.S. adults consider gasoline prices too high. The index also tracks other consumer attitudes, finding that drivers say they respond to higher gas prices by driving less (86 percent), reducing shopping or dining out (71 percent), driving more fuel efficient cars (54 percent) and delaying major purchases (53 percent).

He

To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Comment

• gtrjones
      gtrjones commented
      Editing a comment

Please explain to me how 'Obama's Policies' have any real impact on gasoline prices, (which are controlled by the world market, not the actions of a single nation's president)...

• Mr.NiceGuy
      Mr.NiceGuy commented
      Editing a comment

Well, some say the Pres. actually has little control over the price at the pump, but I thiink he does. Two areas directly affected by a President and his adminnistration are the regulatory climate and public confidence.

Regulatory in that there are things an administration can do, or not do , to open up the bottlenecks in the supply chain. Drilling/exploration permits on public land, pipeline contruction and speeding construction of new refineries come to mind. Even though it will be argued that effects won't be felt for x years, it is the immediate affect on the market that can and does make prices go up or down.

Public confidence is partially shaped by the President's own words and actions and those have done little to foster confidence.

But I guess the Gnome has gotten to the central issue as far as the race baiting crowd is concerned.

Obama, please lower gas prices for us like all the white presidents do.

This is truly worthy of a facepalm. Why bring race into this discussion?
    We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

Brave Ulysses wrote:

(side benefit of this thread - let

Comment

• kav
        kav commented
        Editing a comment
        Please feel free to explicitly state exactly what you believe the president of the US, any president, should do to control gasoline prices at the pump.

• LithiumZero
        LithiumZero commented
        Editing a comment

Brave Ulysses wrote:

Brave Ulysses wrote:

At least one, and that would be the OP. Who is a vapid and mindless cheerleader for "anti-Obama", so much so that he deliberately posts an endless stream of inaccuracies and slanders in his feeble attempt to get attention.

Brave Ulysses wrote:

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

• Brave Ulysses
        Brave Ulysses commented
        Editing a comment

coyote-1 wrote:

At least one, and that would be the OP. Who is a vapid and mindless cheerleader for "anti-Obama", so much so that he deliberately posts an endless stream of inaccuracies and slanders in his feeble attempt to get attention.

Brave Ulysses wrote:

Brave Ulysses wrote:

Convenience Store News covers the findings of a new AAA consumer price index that shows $3.44 per gallon is the tipping point at which 50 percent of U.S. adults consider gasoline prices too high.

Gas cost more than that in California and New York when Obama won the last election.  Apparently in the educated states, citizens don't blame such things on the President. 

Comment

• quickie1
        quickie1 commented
        Editing a comment

Obama's doing fine. Some of the posters seem to find a flaw in a perfect diamond however.

Brave Ulysses wrote:

He

Only three things are important: Love, peace and pale ale.

Comment

If these private capitalists make decisions based on what the president says that's fine but they ultimately made the decisions, not the president. The repercussions of these decisions must be owned by the person making them.

I'm tired of waiting here now since its very apparent that you cannot back up the claim that you made about Obama saying that we should pay European prices for gas.

Since you have contributed nothing to the conversation that you can back up with facts I'm happy that you want no further interaction with me. We'll catch up next time you post something factual
        "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

• coyote-1
          coyote-1 commented
          Editing a comment

So I got banned for turning the OP's own words toward the OP. Mods considered that a personal attack. lol  Not a "tit for tat" thing, but since the mods clearly also banned the OP for making that blanket personal attack I'm OK with the transaction.

Working...
      X