Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Got a really nice WWII era Mountain Stove today!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Got a really nice WWII era Mountain Stove today!!!

This arrived in the mail today...it's a WWII M-1942 Mountain Stove designed by Coleman and built by several manufacturers for the US Army Mountain Division during WWII. The Coleman 520 Milspec 'pocket stove' was to heavy for the Mountain Division so Coleman designed the Mountain Stove..designed to run on virtually any fuel and in all climate extremes...these are great little stoves. This one looks like it may have never been lit...the brass valve assembly shows no sign of soot, nor do the three foldout cooking supports. The fuel tank is spotless inside and the fuel pickup tube as well as the pump show no sign of ever being used...this is a reall nice one! I have two other ones that I use as daily burners, so this one will probably go up on a shelf and remain unlit!

ms

ms1

ms2

It also came with the two piece storage canister which double as cook pots, a little clip on storage compartment that fastens to the burner frame that contains a spare generator and tip cleaner packing..and another spare generator, fuel valve packing and NRV 'pips' in the storage compartment in the fuel pump.

Attached Files
    Roll Tide!!!!!

**************** your stooopid pathfinder spaghetti cooker

WE WANT TO SEE YOUR PHOTO FROM THE SHIP CRUISE   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hoddy
      Hoddy commented
      Editing a comment

Rudolf von Hagenwil wrote:

**************** your stooopid pathfinder spaghetti cooker

WE WANT TO SEE YOUR PHOTO FROM THE SHIP CRUISE   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm currently negotiating a trade for one of my M-1942s for a stove like this!

Attached Files

on topic fer sure

"Your own limitations render you incapable of realizing that not everyone is as limited as yourself."

Comment

• Steven Right
      Steven Right commented
      Editing a comment

coyote-1 wrote:

on topic fer sure

This is political chat.

Working...
X