Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the new forum so narrow?

Why? Why? Why?

Why is there SO MUCH wasted space?

Why, when you go to the post page, do we have to scroll back and forth to see what is written?

Designers, pull your heads out of your you-know-whats and think about it. Why is there so much wasted space on the sides?

Whoever designed this FAIL should find another job. After all we've waited and suffered through they come up with this?

Not to mention the stupid emoticon selection.

Not to mention the fact that a link to Political Party is not readily available, even in Search. Where is the list of sub-forums off to the side? Oh, forgot, the sides are only for some stupid band shot in blue - so pretty. FAIL, FAIL, FAIL.

BTW, where is the Preview button to use before posting?

God. Un-Fingbelievable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Faith ruled the dark ages."

bump and I just noticed another FAIL.

I was wondering how to tell which threads I'd posted in.  So I finally see that tiny, little arrow at the left. **bleep**, I almost had to put my glasses on to see it - definitely had to lean forward. ANOTHER INCONVENIENCE! Yet there, again, is plenty of room on the sides for blue **bleep**. Wow. Who designed this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Faith ruled the dark ages."

Comment

• Anderton
      Anderton commented
      Editing a comment

PLEASE post comments in the feedback forum. That is being monitored and changes are being made. It doesn't matter if I or other forumites see what you say, the designers need to see it.

Go to My Settings: page layout (or something like that) and make text larger. This pushes the side margins out.

Minning Around wrote:

Why? Why? Why?

Why is there SO MUCH wasted space?

Why, when you go to the post page, do we have to scroll back and forth to see what is written?

Designers, pull your heads out of your you-know-whats and think about it. Why is there so much wasted space on the sides?

Whoever designed this FAIL should find another job. After all we've waited and suffered through they come up with this?

Not to mention the stupid emoticon selection.

Not to mention the fact that a link to Political Party is not readily available, even in Search. Where is the list of sub-forums off to the side? Oh, forgot, the sides are only for some stupid band shot in blue - so pretty. FAIL, FAIL, FAIL.

BTW, where is the Preview button to use before posting?

God. Un-Fingbelievable.

Comment

• moonlightin
      moonlightin commented
      Editing a comment
      As to finding the political party: http://www.harmonycentral.com/ ... active areas at the bottom.

• Minning Around
      Minning Around commented
      Editing a comment

moonlightin wrote:

Go to My Settings: page layout (or something like that) and make text larger. This pushes the side margins out.

I just did that. The print is larger but it does not widen the window. Now fewer posts fit vertically because the bigger type pushes everything down. Plus, now the problem with scrolling is worse in the Post window because less type fits horizontally - so now there is even more side-to-side scrolling to do. What a head ache. I feel for you Anderton. Sorry to pressure you. It's just a way of venting if nothing else.

Call it the Lithium template.  Still haven't figured out the underlying BBS.  The Lithium teplate is available at Github and more or less oerates on any php based website.  The new staff for HC need to change a few width settings to "Auto," but they probably will not because the blue is valuable adspace.  Good thing I use adblock.

Comment

Minning Around wrote:
      Why is the new forum so narrow?

I suspect that's to accomodate the overwhelming majority of Republican "minds".

Comment

Working...
      X