Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi

Panetta said, though he did meet with Obama at a 5 o'clock prescheduled gathering, the president left operational details, including knowledge of what resources were available to help the Americans under siege, "up to us."

In fact, Panetta says that the night of 9/11, he did not communicate with a single person at the White House. The attack resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

Obama did not call or communicate in anyway with the defense secretary that night. There were no calls about what was going on in Benghazi. He never called to check-in.

The 5 o'clock meeting was a pre-scheduled 30-minute session, where, according to Panetta's recollection, they spent about 20 minutes talking a lot about the American embassy that was surrounded in Egypt and the situation that was just unfolding in Benghazi. 

As Bill Kristol wrote in the month after the attack, "Panetta's position is untenable: The Defense Department doesn't get to unilaterally decide whether it's too risky or not to try to rescue CIA operators, or to violate another country's air space. In any case, it

Disclaimer: My threads and posts are created to allow forum members to discuss interesting subject matter.

I reserve the right to change my decisions at anytime.

I wonder if Micallef will drop by and post more pics of that fugly motorcycle...

Comment

• kav
      kav commented
      Editing a comment

Zeopold wrote:

I wonder if Micallef will drop by and post more pics of that fugly motorcycle...

You mean this?

You American rightwingers are a strange bunch.

burningsg wrote:
      No Word from Hillary During Benghazi Attack

Speaking of worthless POS where was this Liberal A-Hole during those EIGHT HOURS ????

Neither the secretary of defense nor the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff spoke to the secretary of state during the 8-hour attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi,

Panetta, Dempsey did not speak to Clinton.
      12:55 PM, Feb 7, 2013

• SHRED
      SHRED commented
      Editing a comment

Zeopold wrote:

How often does the rear shock need replacing? That's a lot to carry.

I have no idea what you people are taking about.

Comment

• Daryl Flynn
      Daryl Flynn commented
      Editing a comment

Sloppy Santa wrote:
      I have no idea what you people are taking about.

What's new?

You're new. Very fresh.

Comment

• bluzboy
      bluzboy commented
      Editing a comment

You look good in blue.

Comment

• bluzboy
      bluzboy commented
      Editing a comment

Sloppy Santa wrote:
      You look good in blue.

Visconti wrote:

Panetta said, though he did meet with Obama at a 5 o'clock prescheduled gathering, the president left operational details, including knowledge of what resources were available to help the Americans under siege, "up to us."

In fact, Panetta says that the night of 9/11, he did not communicate with a single person at the White House. The attack resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

Obama did not call or communicate in anyway with the defense secretary that night. There were no calls about what was going on in Benghazi. He never called to check-in.

The 5 o'clock meeting was a pre-scheduled 30-minute session, where, according to Panetta's recollection, they spent about 20 minutes talking a lot about the American embassy that was surrounded in Egypt and the situation that was just unfolding in Benghazi. 

As Bill Kristol wrote in the month after the attack, "Panetta's position is untenable: The Defense Department doesn't get to unilaterally decide whether it's too risky or not to try to rescue CIA operators, or to violate another country's air space. In any case, it

Change Liberals can believe in...Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you.

Comment

• moogerfooger
      moogerfooger commented
      Editing a comment
      I love how people give the Obama administration a pass on this, and their only argument is that republicans are worse. Not that there was nothing they could do, or that their hands were tied by international relations. When will it dawn on you people that our elected officials are neither on our side, or capable of effective leadership? The government can literally say anything they want ( it's called talking points ) and people lap it up like honey. Pathetic.

Working...
X