No announcement yet.

OT:- Better off without that sort

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT:- Better off without that sort

Got turned down for a job today, actually for an interview.

After 2 months in which the guy offering the job disappeared for 4 weeks due to a family bereavement, then emailed me to say he'd be doing interviews 'next week'.

That was 3 weeks ago, so I emailed him on wednesday to ask whether he'd filled the position because I was still interested, and only saw his reply, asking me to come for interview at 1pm today, at 1.10pm today. So, I emailed him back explaining I'd only seen the email, and that I was free the rest of the day if we could rearrange.

His reply went, 'Unfortunately, no, sorry. Best of luck'

W T F ??

Such an amount of dicking around. He could have said that a month ago, or 2 months ago. Anyway, maybe he'll get back to me whenever he gets it together, or not.

Sorry for the narcissism, but I needed to get that off my chest - fecking fuming all day, what an ****************************

flip the phase

gubu wrote:

After 2 months in which the guy offering the job disappeared for 4 weeks due to a family bereavement, then emailed me to say he'd be doing interviews 'next week'.

That was 3 weeks ago, so I emailed him on wednesday to ask whether he'd filled the position because I was still interested, and only saw his reply, asking me to come for interview at 1pm today, at 1.10pm today. So, I emailed him back explaining I'd only seen the email, and that I was free the rest of the day if we could rearrange.

W T F ??

Such an amount of dicking around. He could have said that a month ago, or 2 months ago. Anyway, maybe he'll get back to me whenever he gets it together, or not.

Sorry for the narcissism, but I needed to get that off my chest - fecking fuming all day, what an ****************************

FWIW, I always console myself in such situations by the fact that you're better off discovering that the guy (or gal) is a douche upfront.  That's to say, it's much worse to come to that realization once you're deeply entrenched in it.

Best of luck on the search, regardless.

Comment

• gubu
      gubu commented
      Editing a comment

bluzboy wrote:

gubu wrote:

W T F ??

FWIW, I always console myself in such situations by the fact that you're better off discovering that the guy (or gal) is a douche upfront.  That's to say, it's much worse to come to that realization once you're deeply entrenched in it.

Best of luck on the search, regardless.

Yep, hence the thread title.

World full of ****************************s

O, and thanks! I've a couple of sidelines to keep me going in the meantime, fortunately

Comment

• Invisible Hand
      Invisible Hand commented
      Editing a comment

****************ing ass.  

Good excuse for a pint, if you needed one.  :manwink:

Working...
X