Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man tricked pregnant girlfriend into taking abortion drug...now faces murder charges!

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Man tricked pregnant girlfriend into taking abortion drug...now faces murder charges!

    Fla. man tricked pregnant girlfriend into taking abortion drug, feds say

    Courtesy of Gil Sanchez

    Remee Jo Lee says her boyfriend tricked her into taking an abortion pill and she miscarried at six weeks.

    The label on the bottle said it contained a common antibiotic, but prosecutors say inside was a drug that's often used to induce abortions.

    Remee Jo Lee, 26, was six weeks pregnant when her boyfriend gave her a pill he said was prescribed by his father, a Florida fertility doctor, to treat a bacterial infection, according to court papers.

    Lee says she trustingly swallowed the pill, and within hours started bleeding. She went to the hospital, where she had a miscarriage and learned that her boyfriend had tricked her into terminating her pregnancy, her lawyer alleges.

    Now the ex-boyfriend, John Andrew Welden, 28, is in county lockup, facing a civil lawsuit and a murder rap.

    A federal indictment unsealed Thursday charged Welden with product-tampering and first-degree murder under the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, charges that could carry a life sentence. 

    The lawyer who represented him at an initial appearance Wednesday did not return a phone call but said in court that the allegations were out of character for his client, according to The Associated Press.

    In a civil complaint and statement, Lee's attorney described how an eight-month romance turned toxic when his client became pregnant in February.

    Lee "was anticipating motherhood with great joy and excitement," but Welden begged her not to go through with it, lawyer Gil Sanchez said in a press release. 

    "Everyone dreams of becoming a mom. This was my chance," Lee told told Tampa's WFTS-TV.

    In late March, Welden took Lee to his father's Lutz, Fla., clinic for a prenatal examination, including a sonogram and blood and urine samples that confirmed a healthy pregnancy, Lee's lawsuit says.

    The next day, Welden told Lee that his father had diagnosed her with an infection and prescribed Amoxicillin, the antibiotic, the suit charges.

    Pinellas County Sheriff's Office

    John Andrew Welden is charged with product-tampering and first-degree murder in a federal indictment for allegedly tricking his girlfriend into taking a drug that caused a miscarriage.

    In reality, the doctor's son had forged a prescription for Cytotec, an ulcer drug that can be used for non-surgical abortions because it causes contractions, Lee's lawyer said.

    "He came to my house with the pills, his weapon of choice," Lee told WFTS.

    "He told me to keep taking them. I was supposed to take three a day for days."

    Welden later admitted to Lee that he had fooled her, the suit claims. It describes his actions as "outrageous, beyond the bounds of decency and utterly intolerable."

    The suit seeks unspecified damages in excess of $15,000.

    "We may soon be seeking redress for Lee against others who may have some degree of liability for this heinous act," Sanchez said, without identifying anyone.

    Welden, who worked at his father's clinic but was not a doctor, is the only person charged with a crime. Workers at the clinic declined to comment.

     http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/16/18302019-fla-man-tricked-pregnant-girlfriend-into-taking-abortion-drug-feds-say?lite

     

    If true...sounds like murder to me.

    Roll Tide!!!!!

  • #2

    Her first child certainly is adorable.

    I can't provide a link because leftists removed it from the internet.

    Comment


    • Davo17
      Davo17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im sure that with the morning after pill (really just a megadose of birth control) available otc to 15 year olds-this will never happen.

  • #3
    Now lets apply Davo's logic to guns
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

    Comment


    • Davo17
      Davo17 commented
      Editing a comment

      LithiumZero wrote:
      Now lets apply Davo's logic to guns

      Vastly different concepts, there aren't gangs and drug dealers with ocp's out there, are there?

      Ones also a right.  


  • #4
    A horrible story.

    Of course, using it as a reason to eliminate this form of birth control is like posting a story about a woman dying in childbirth to make the case for universal mandatory abortions.

    Only a complete jackass would do so.
    x

    Comment


    • #5
      Pills don't kill people, people do. Banning morning after pills won't stop criminals from using other poisons to do the same thing
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

      Comment


      • #6
        And women do have the right so there is another fail Davo
        "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

        Comment


        • Daryl Flynn
          Daryl Flynn commented
          Editing a comment

          That's ****************ed up.

           

          You know someday some loser is going to force a pregnant woman to take them.


      • #7
        And right now someone is using a legal gun to take someone's life
        "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

        Comment


        • #8

          Quick Google of this question.  Methinks there's a rightwing plot afoot:

           

          With increasing over-the-counter availability of "Plan B" emergency contraception, many people are wondering if Plan B can be a way out of an unwanted pregnancy.

          Answer:

          The answer is: No, plan B will not cause a miscarriage or induce an abortion in an existing pregnancy. Although there are prescription-only drugs that can terminate a pregnancy, plan B does not fall into that category.

          Instead, Plan B falls in the category of emergency contraception. When taken within a few days of unprotected sex, before a woman is technically pregnant yet, emergency contraception will reduce the odds of pregnancy occurring. Because one possibility is that plan B may impede implantation of a fertilized egg, people who strongly believe in pregnancy beginning at fertilization may claim that plan B will cause an abortion, but after implantation has already taken place (which occurs roughly 8 to 12 days after conception), plan B will not cause an abortion or induce a miscarriage.

          By the time it is possible to confirm that you are pregnant (as in get a positive result on a home pregnancy test), implantation has already taken place and taking plan B will not have any effect. If you are currently dealing with an unplanned pregnancy, you will need to look into other resources.

           

          If only I was all thumbs

          Comment


          • #9

             


             

            Did you already castrate this scalawag?

             

             

            Comment


            • Hoppy Shimko
              Hoppy Shimko commented
              Editing a comment
              If I ever have a girlfriend I'm going to trick her into making me a sandwich.

          • #10

            Hoddy wrote:


            Reminds me of this guy...

            http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/okeefe.jpg

            The true Jug Ears.

            Don't even bother. You can't win.


            Flag a Post
            The Report has been sent.
            [OK]

            Comment


            • #11

              Davo....  I thought you were a PA?  I googled the Morning after pill and it can't cause a spontanious abortion.  It is only effctive at preventing implantation into the uterine wall of an embryo.

              Surely you know this?  Or are you not what you claim?  Read my above reply to this thread.

              Am I wrong? (been known to happen).

              If only I was all thumbs

              Comment


              • LithiumZero
                LithiumZero commented
                Editing a comment

                jhall wrote:

                Davo....  I thought you were a PA?  I googled the Morning after pill and it can't cause a spontanious abortion.  It is only effctive at preventing implantation into the uterine wall of an embryo.

                Surely you know this?  Or are you not what you claim?  Read my above reply to this thread.

                Am I wrong? (been known to happen).


                If he tells you he'll have to charge you $75 for an hour consultation. Then he'll brag about it like the classy guy that he is.


              • Ed
                Ed commented
                Editing a comment

                jhall wrote:

                Davo....  I thought you were a PA?  I googled the Morning after pill and it can't cause a spontanious abortion.  It is only effctive at preventing implantation into the uterine wall of an embryo.

                Surely you know this?  Or are you not what you claim?  Read my above reply to this thread.

                Am I wrong? (been known to happen).


                Almost anything can cause a miscarriage, which could well be what did this. Those morning after pills arent exactly aspirin. A chick takes one of those, and all I can tell you is try to make yourself scarce because the hormonal imbalance will drive her nuts. 


              • Meeloshxyz
                Meeloshxyz commented
                Editing a comment

                jhall wrote:

                Davo....  I thought you were a PA?  I googled the Morning after pill and it can't cause a spontanious abortion.  It is only effctive at preventing implantation into the uterine wall of an embryo.

                Surely you know this?  Or are you not what you claim?  Read my above reply to this thread.

                Am I wrong? (been known to happen).


                He's no PA.  I think he's a paramedic.  Maybe he got a bachelor's in something, then studied to be a paramedic, and now he's in PA school.  PA is a great field to get in to.


            • #12
              How is Dumbo17 ever going to make his brilliant political points if he has to stick to facts?
              x

              Comment













              Working...
              X