Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atheist tornado survivor reminds Wolf Blitzer not everyone thanks God

Atheist tornado survivor reminds Wolf Blitzer not everyone thanks God7 hrs ago

CNN host Wolf Blitzer had an amusingly awkward moment Tuesday while interviewing an Oklahoma tornado survivor named Rebecca. He asked if she "thanked the Lord" for guiding a split-second decision that saved her life during the disaster. Rebecca paused. Smiled. Then admitted: "I'm actually an atheist." (So that would be a no, Wolf.) She and Blitzer laughed off her answer, and he credited her for making "the right call" anyway

*to the best of my knowledge this post complies with the latest rules and regulations of HC...of course those rules and regulations are subject to change at any time*

here for a good time

not for a long time

__________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

• yumpy
      yumpy commented
      Editing a comment

she will be popular. 

What a stupid question from Wolf Blitzer,The lady should have blamed the mighty Lord if anything. Another reason I question religious beliefs ,They thank the lord but never blame this lord.

Comment

• yumpy
      yumpy commented
      Editing a comment

buckethead99 wrote:
      What a stupid question from Wolf Blitzer,The lady should have blamed the mighty Lord if anything. Another reason I question religious beliefs ,They thank the lord but never blame this lord.

i'd blame your ass, before God. 

simply because you never rose above the bar, that God gave you. 

• Miter Gauge
      Miter Gauge commented
      Editing a comment

buckethead99 wrote:

Strange, you think the lady should of have question some thing/one you DON'T believe in?  How do you reconcile that?  

Comment

• yumpy
      yumpy commented
      Editing a comment

moonlightin wrote:

Hoddy wrote:

CNN host Wolf Blitzer had an amusingly awkward moment Tuesday while interviewing an Oklahoma tornado survivor named Rebecca. He asked if she "thanked the Lord" for guiding a split-second decision that saved her life during the disaster. Rebecca paused. Smiled. Then admitted: "I'm actually an atheist." (So that would be a no, Wolf.) She and Blitzer laughed off her answer, and he credited her for making "the right call" anyway

• Mister Bigsby
      Mister Bigsby commented
      Editing a comment

moonlightin wrote:

. She was at least decent enough to allow others their right to their beliefs. Something hoddy appears to be incapable of.

Which, unfortunately, is far more than many (most) fundamentalists are capable of.

My long-standing agreement with suchlike like is- you leave me alone about my beliefs, and I'll leave you alone about yours. Try to proselytize me, however, and you won't like the outcome.

And of course, I will always consider People of Faith to be irrationally illogical at best, more likely insane...but I won't mention it to them unless they force me to.

• Hoddy
      Hoddy commented
      Editing a comment

moonlightin wrote:

Hoddy wrote:

If the survivors were brown people thanking Allah, not one Lib here would be calling them backwards idiots. But since they're white people thanking God or praising Jeebus, they're inbred hicks. Libs = PC asswipes.

Comment

• pink freud
      pink freud commented
      Editing a comment

ASS MURPHY wrote:
      If the survivors were brown people thanking Allah, not one Lib here would be calling them backwards idiots. But since they're white people thanking God or praising Jeebus, they're inbred hicks. Libs = PC asswipes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

• Sloppy Santa
      Sloppy Santa commented
      Editing a comment

ASS MURPHY wrote:

One wonders if the above stupid commentary was a pure accident or if the reasoning behind it was equally stupid.

This isn't a "lib" issue you dolt, Hoddy fancies himself NOT a "lib". Further more anti-religious Atheists most certainly dislike Islam as much as Christianity, if not more.

You're wrong and are looking like an idiot.

• rushtallica
      rushtallica commented
      Editing a comment

ASS MURPHY wrote:

It seems true in enough cases. I don't blame nonchristians for having a problem with Christians who try to force their views on others, but there are plenty of nonchristians who try to force their own narrow views on others, as well.

"As much as it sucks, these things are lessons. God didn't remove Adam and Eve from one garden in order to put them in another. Adam and Eve wanted to learn and God obliged them. If you want to blame anyone... blame Adam and Eve."

People actually believe this ****************?

Comment

• Hoddy
      Hoddy commented
      Editing a comment

prolurkerguy wrote:
      "As much as it sucks, these things are lessons. God didn't remove Adam and Eve from one garden in order to put them in another. Adam and Eve wanted to learn and God obliged them. If you want to blame anyone... blame Adam and Eve."

People actually believe this ****************?

Apparently idiots do.

This happened under god's watch. He better own this son. This **************** is gonna sting.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

Working...
    X