Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 years ago today "Great Hanshin Earthquake"

My wife on her way to school to teach and that is where she found out about the quake. Everyone at the school was all shaken up by the news. We live  way south of where the earthquake hit but the shock of the news felt like we were living thru the horrible event.

Here is todays news on NHK: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/movie/feature201301171317.html

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/movie/feature201301171317.html

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a look at the American Indian" — Henry Ford

that was horrible. i was in IL at the time and met a guy from kobe at a conference he was at.

he really didn't want to talk about it.

Comment

• Hoddy
      Hoddy commented
      Editing a comment

Heard about it on the news back when the only English on TV came from sumo tournaments (the english commentary was funnier than hell), maybe a movie with an English sub-channel, and the NHK news which was great fun because the translators would have minutes at a time of absolutely nothing worth translating while the Japanese talking heads were busy degozaimasuing and onegaishimasuing each other.

Anyway, I saw a few things on the news and gave it no thought at all.

Comment

• RedRoadEnsemble
      RedRoadEnsemble commented
      Editing a comment

Ed wrote:

Heard about it on the news back when the only English on TV came from sumo tournaments (the english commentary was funnier than hell), maybe a movie with an English sub-channel, and the NHK news which was great fun because the translators would have minutes at a time of absolutely nothing worth translating while the Japanese talking heads were busy degozaimasuing and onegaishimasuing each other.

Anyway, I saw a few things on the news and gave it no thought at all.

You are not a hoddy news subscriber?

Working...
X