Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-might lose a friend...

A friend Ive known since he was a medic student of mine 5 years ago, who after getting some experience actually came back to work at my paramedic program about 6 months back-suffered an anyeurysm today, while on scene of a 911 call. Hes only 25.

He has a congenital disorder, and the lesion is at his aortic arch.  They aren't going to operate, which means its too risky-meaning hes a poor surgical candidate.  Its past visiting hours for the ICU.  Im supposed to work tommorow but will take the morning to go see if i can.

He always had a great attitude and was a bigger fan of corny jokes than I am.    

Any thoughts or prayers would be appreciated.

Damn, 25?

Really sorry to hear that.

Mojo and prayers sent to your friend.

I'm serious Daryl - my finger is hovering a millimeter over the ban button...

Comment

• yumpy
      yumpy commented
      Editing a comment

Daryl Flynn wrote:

Damn, 25?

Mojo and prayers sent to your friend.

same here. 

prayers sent. 

Davo17 wrote:

A friend Ive known since he was a medic student of mine 5 years ago, who after getting some experience actually came back to work at my paramedic program about 6 months back-suffered an anyeurysm today, while on scene of a 911 call. Hes only 25.

He has a congenital disorder, and the lesion is at his aortic arch.  They aren't going to operate, which means its too risky-meaning hes a poor surgical candidate.  Its past visiting hours for the ICU.  Im supposed to work tommorow but will take the morning to go see if i can.

I lost a guitar playing comrade, the same way, also in his young 20's, about 30 years ago.

one minute and he was gone

here for a good time

not for a long time

__________-------------------------------------__________________________---------------
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." ---Albert Einstein

What is more liberal than this ?? )
    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ...

Comment

• Davo17
      Davo17 commented
      Editing a comment

sirfun wrote:

Davo17 wrote:

I lost a guitar playing comrade, the same way, also in his young 20's, about 30 years ago.

one minute and he was gone

here for a good time

not for a long time

Death is a mother****************er-but even more so when it ****************s with your people.  I prefer life so much more.

This is coming on the heels of another student of mine committing suicide about 3 weeks back.  

prayers would be appreciated. 

Comment

Davo17 wrote:

I thought long and hard about this. You come here filled with all your venom and hatred towards the president. You flood the forum, rant, mis behave and generally act like an ass.....then turn around and want prayers sent to your ill friend.

Life can be very cruel and unfair at times. It's called Karma, and she's a bitch...but she usually comes at the least expected time.

The young man in question was helping someone at the time of his illness. It's unfortunate and I wish HIM God's speed.

“True unalienable rights do not require one to trample other unalienable rights.”
      ―J.S.B. Morse

Comment

• Mr.NiceGuy
        Mr.NiceGuy commented
        Editing a comment

quickie1 wrote:

I thought long and hard about this. You come here filled with all your venom and hatred towards the president. You flood the forum, rant, mis behave and generally act like an ass.....then turn around and want prayers sent to your ill friend.

Life can be very cruel and unfair at times. It's called Karma, and she's a bitch...but she usually comes at the least expected time.

The young man in question was helping someone at the time of his illness. It's unfortunate and I wish HIM God's speed.

Everything has it's time and place, according to the amount of class one posseses.

You verbally slap and claw and roll around in the mud whenever the opportunity presents itself, but when you need sympathy over losing your girlfriend's father or sincerity over re-discovering your faith, you post a "serious" thread and for the most part receive respect.

In fact, thinking about it, those times of personal trouble or introspection are the only times you display any sincerity of thought. For example, your thread blaming the NRA for a gangbanger shooting up a parade in New Orleans was beneath deserving of an adult response.

Apply the same standards to which you are subjecting Davo17 to yourself.

• AxiomVanguard
        AxiomVanguard commented
        Editing a comment

quickie1 wrote:

Davo17 wrote:

Leave it to Quickie...... such fail....

• 360vodka
        360vodka commented
        Editing a comment

you got my prayers! always.

Well, this thread is not the right place to tell him that he is a total ass.

However interesting is how he starts his lament:

Davo17 wrote:

A friend Ive known since he was a medic student of mine 5 years ago... 

well, at least he didn't mention that he drives a BMW, lives in Malibu... hahaha

Comment

• quickie1
        quickie1 commented
        Editing a comment

Rudolf von Hagenwil wrote:

Well, this thread is not the right place to tell him that he is a total ass.

However interesting is how he starts his lament:

Davo17 wrote:

A friend Ive known since he was a medic student of mine 5 years ago... 

well, at least he didn't mention that he drives a BMW, lives in Malibu... hahaha

Indeed.

Sorry about your young friend.
      Stumblin' thru da ghost town.....

Comment

• rushtallica
        rushtallica commented
        Editing a comment

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend and wish him and his family the best right now.

Sorry to hear that. Mojo sent

Comment

Sorry, Davo. That's rough...

Comment

• bluzboy
          bluzboy commented
          Editing a comment

I hope your friend pulls through, Davo.

• Just Me
          Just Me commented
          Editing a comment

Why would I believe a lying troll when he is asking for more attention/sympathy?

Dont believe you davo, i think you are low enough to troll about a fake illness. I really do.

Davo17 wrote:

I won't pray because it doesn't work.

And my thoughts are that I don't ****************ing know why you bother writing this in a political forum. You spread your hatred and venom around and now you want what? For us to feel bad for your friend or for you because you feel bad?

Why the rest of you on the one hand recognize a troll when you see it then on the other suck its ass when it pleads for attention is beyond me. You're being played like a fiddle.

Comment

• bluzboy
          bluzboy commented
          Editing a comment

Sloppy Santa wrote:

Davo17 wrote:

And my thoughts are that I don't ****************ing know why you bother writing this in a political forum. You spread your hatred and venom around and now you want what? For us to feel bad for your friend or for you because you feel bad?

Why the rest of you on the one hand recognize a troll when you see it then on the other suck its ass when it pleads for attention is beyond me. You're being played like a fiddle.

LOL.

STFU.

• Daryl Flynn
          Daryl Flynn commented
          Editing a comment

Sloppy Santa wrote:

Davo17 wrote:

^ perfect example

freak.gif

Attached Files

• Rudolf von Hagenwil
          Editing a comment

Sloppy Santa wrote:

....a little similar with me,

when I would pray for Davo's friend then the poor guy would drop dead immediately.

Davo17 wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear this. Not sure there is anything more valuable in life than a good friend. I've said a prayer for him.

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

• John Ellis
          John Ellis commented
          Editing a comment
          In my real world, I have a group of friends that razzes each other constantly
          It's all in fun and rarely, rarely crosses the line.
          There's a segment of posters here that are the same way.
          However, there's a group of juvenile pricks here that have no idea about such a code.
          They are the only thing that keeps the place from being really fun
          When I let it be known that I was gonna be in for a rough summer,
          Many on both sides were very gracious and very supportive on the forum and through PM
          To those of you, Thank you
          Some of you from both sides don't belong here.
          You know who you are, go away.
          Davo, I hope your friend pulls through and can enjoy a normal productive life.

Then does he still need surgery if he gets the prayers? I'm confused. Tell us more!

Comment

Opposite day may want to reconsider the phrasing...

Comment

Mojo sent.

###### Why can't I post anything here anymore??? ######

Comment

• Davo17
          Davo17 commented
          Editing a comment

Gromit wrote:

Mojo sent.

Thanks man.

If it were anyone who wasn't a giant troll who started this thread none of this would be transpiring
        "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."“Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money.”― George Carlin"The founding fathers were well aware of rapid firing capabilities by the indians." - NormH

Comment

• bluzboy
          bluzboy commented
          Editing a comment

LithiumZero wrote:
          If it were anyone who wasn't a giant troll who started this thread none of this would be transpiring

Look...nobody is going to argue that.

But IMHO, this has nothing to do with what a douche Davo is.  It's about someone he knows--who, if we are to believe the OP (and, for the sake of argument, let's just assume Davo's not making this up because if he is, then it's really pathetic) suffered an aneurism.

What the **************** is wrong with saying, "Mojo sent" or not saying anything at all?  I don't view either one as "encouraging a troll" or even engaging him at all.  

But it takes a special type of douchebag indeed, to use this opportunity to launch yet another personal attack on the OP.  

Jus' sayin'. 

Working...
      X